What happened to Borenbos this year??

BobbyC81

He had done so well and been so well thought of his 1st 2 years. I watched all 4 preseason games, and despite misses by Lindell, I didn't notice (or really pay attention to) any obvious issues with the long snaps.

With the timing you need on place kicks, Dorenbos must've been really messing up for the team to make a change right before the opener.

Now timing needs to be developed between the new snapper, Moorman and Lindell.

Some thoughts that I have heard bantered about:

Dorenbos' knee may be more injured than previously thought.

Mularkey claimed his snaps were not as tight.

Dorenbos only snaps on punts, I believe (anyone?)

Dorenbos gets steamrolled often after his snaps

The new guy snaps both punts and kicks

The new guy is taller, somewhat bigger, though I have not seen

Some thoughts that I have heard bantered about:

Dorenbos'  knee may be more injured than previously thought.

Mularkey claimed his snaps were not as tight.

Dorenbos only snaps on punts, I believe (anyone?)

Dorenbos gets steamrolled often after his snaps

The new guy snaps both punts and kicks

The new guy is taller, somewhat bigger, though I have not seen

434017[/snapback]

excellent post for number 4,000. Well said.

Pete Metzelaars used to do the LS while he was here, and Dorenbos is bigger than him, I'm sure. Tho, the DL are probably bigger now, too.

Dorenbos had a pretty sad life story, but he's a hell of a magician. He actually took a big paycut to sign with the Bills than what he would make in the showrooms in Vegas. Too bad he could never make the ball disappear then reappear in the end zone. <_< Good luck to him.

Pete Metzelaars used to do the LS while he was here, and Dorenbos is bigger than him, I'm sure. Tho, the DL are probably bigger now, too.

434029[/snapback]

I can't account for every season, but during most of Metzelaars tenure as a Bill, Adam Lingner was the long snapper. Also, Metzelaars was a big boy...at least 6'6". No way Dorenbos was bigger than him.

I can't account for every season, but during most of Metzelaars tenure as a Bill, Adam Lingner was the long snapper.  Also, Metzelaars was a big boy...at least 6'6".  No way Dorenbos was bigger than him.

434042[/snapback]

Lingner was the long snapper for quite some time. I remember him retiring after the '94 season. When none of the guys in camp for '95 could handle it, they begged him to come back. His wife (who did pretty well as a diamond seller) was against it, but she relented for one more year.