One Notre Dame post....kind of

bartshan-83

I apologize in advance because this is sort of a Notre Dame post and it probably should be on the college football board (which is great btw, more people should come check it out). But I just had to say this because I feel that Bills fans would appreciate it.

Not only was last night's game amazing because of the performance, but I got to see a wonderful, familiar sight that I thought I may never really see again. I got to see Wanny's goofy-ass facial expressions as he anguished over the game. I thought when he and Miami finally parted ways (after many glorious years for WNY) that I would never really again see the joyful sight of Wanny looking like he was constipated and wanted to hang himself at the same time. For those who saw the game last night, you know what I mean. His halftime interview was priceless.

Uh, uh, uh...we can't make a play! We, uh...god our defense, uh, i mean, they're just, we need a spark, uh, uh..we can't make a play. I, uh.....

Then he made some great moves in the game:

-On one 4th down, Pitt was about to go for it so we called a TO to regroup. Then Wanny decides to kick. :huh:

-On another 4th down, right before the half, Pitt punts but we have 12 on the field so they get 5 yds and one more play (0:01 remaining). They line up for a 60 yd FG (durrrh? <_< ) and right before they are about to kick it, Wanny calls another TO and realizes Jason Elam is not his kicker and they might as well try to throw for the endzone.

It was priceless and to all of you miss Wanny and all that he brings, I'd suggest you check out a few Pitt games. It will warm your heart :doh:

Thank you.

It's his first year at Pitt. Look at their schedule, they will end up with a winning record.

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

9-3-05 NOTRE DAME

9-10-05 at Ohio

9-17-05 at Nebraska

9-24-05 YOUNGSTOWN STATE

9-30-05 at Rutgers (Fri.)

10-8-05 CINCINNATI

10-15-05 SOUTH FLORIDA

10-22-05 SYRACUSE

11-3-05 at Louisville (Thur.)

11-12-05 CONNECTICUT

11-24-05 at West Virginia (Thur.)

It's his first year at Pitt.  Look at their schedule, they will end up with a winning record. 

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE 

9-3-05 NOTRE DAME 

9-10-05 at Ohio 

9-17-05 at Nebraska 

9-24-05 YOUNGSTOWN STATE 

9-30-05 at Rutgers (Fri.)

10-8-05 CINCINNATI

10-15-05 SOUTH FLORIDA 

10-22-05 SYRACUSE

11-3-05 at Louisville (Thur.)

11-12-05 CONNECTICUT

11-24-05 at West Virginia (Thur.)

429530[/snapback]

Ahh--the new "power house" big east football schedule. Pitt could end up going undefeated the rest of the way. As for ND, it's going to be lights out at the Big House this Saturday. :huh:

I'm at Pitt alum, and I couldn't watch the game without getting nausea. To be honest I really thought Wannstedt could bring credibility to our football program. He was outcoached from kickoff to the final whistle. I am thoroughly pissed.

Your home opener, and you stink up the joint like that, in a game where home field advantage is by far the most advantageous of all the other sports...

I miss Walt Harris.

Although all of the experts are saying that UC will finish last in the conference, I think that it's foolish to disregard them.

Don't get me wrong, they played Eastern Michigan last week, but they put up nearly 500 yards of offense. Give them time to click (this is one of the youngest teams in D1), and this could be a solid team.

I'm a Buckeye fan by birth, but as a UC student, I'm forced to put some faith in Mark Dantonio.

Thank you God.

I really love winning both ends of a doubleheader..Charlie Weis no longer with the Pats and now directing the Irish...That was a wonderful offensive performance--the best in a long, long time for Irish....Brady Quinn ran that offense to perfection...watch the Pats draft him in round 2 or 3 in 2007.

JR--don't count those chickens just yet -- I think Saturday is going to be one heck of a game.

Thank you God.

I really love winning both ends of a doubleheader..Charlie Weis no longer with the Pats and now directing the Irish...That was a wonderful offensive performance--the best in a long, long time for Irish....Brady Quinn ran that offense to perfection...watch the Pats draft him in round 2 or 3 in 2007.

JR--don't count those chickens just yet -- I think Saturday is going to be one heck of a game.

429681[/snapback]

I agree. Any Michigan/ND game is going to be tough--especially now that the Irish have Weis. I fear that bumbling Lloyd Carr is going to be easily outcoached on Saturday--but I'm hoping Michigan's superior talent carries the day. I think it's going to be a shootout.

I agree. Any Michigan/ND game is going to be tough--especially now that the Irish have Weis. I fear that bumbling Lloyd Carr is going to be easily outcoached on Saturday--but I'm hoping Michigan's superior talent carries the day. I think it's going to be a shootout.

429965[/snapback]

I was at the Big House for the 38-0 disaster 2 years ago. Walking into that stadium was unreal. ND is pretty intense, but when you enter at what you think is ground level and then realize there are 60 rows below you and like 50 more on top, you almost get dizzy. Besides the game though, Ann Arbor was a great road trip. Had so much fun that weekend.

And you're right....it will be lights out :D

How those Canes looking?

*snorts*

430380[/snapback]

Well, the offensive line looks like the Bills last year, and their offense apparantley is being called by Kill-drive. Wright is a Losman clone and the defense is OK. I just wish they had played a cupcake like all the other colleges this week-end.

Well, the offensive line looks like the Bills last year, and their offense apparantley is being called by Kill-drive.  Wright is a Losman clone and the defense is OK.  I just wish they had played a cupcake like all the other colleges this week-end.

430410[/snapback]

As a Penn State fan, I have no delusions.

Tough one for the Miami work-release team.

Oh well, there's always next year :D

Nice job squeezing a win out of USF. Who's up next week? St. Marys of the blind?

Nice job squeezing a win out of USF. Who's up next week? St. Marys of the blind?

430417[/snapback]

Thus I said no delusions.

:doh:

It seemed like it was a Big 10-MAC showdown week.

I was really rooting for Bowling Green in Wisconsin. Their QB is amazing.

Thus I said no delusions.

:doh:

It seemed like it was a Big 10-MAC showdown week.

I was really rooting for Bowling Green in Wisconsin. Their QB is amazing.

430423[/snapback]

Sorry to take this in a different direction, but did you notice any of the fan reaction shots last night? Lots of purdy girls in Fla. :D , and many were wearing the same tee shirt. It had a website on it but I can't remember the address. The last part was twinz.com, I think, but I had difficulty focusing on account of the proximity to boobies.

Lots of purdy girls in Fla. :

I did notice the one FSU chick that was only wearing what looked like a bra.

I'll have to use the zoom function on the dvd...........before throw it out.