An observation : run defense

eSJayDee

One of my concerns about losing AW was his great run support.

I believe TV was our leading tackler today.

One particular play that stood out.

Taylor breaks an off-tackle run, Wire (who was unblocked) misses him & despite being blocks by a TE, TV manages to drag him down by the feet. If not for that tackle, it likely would have been a ~70 yd TD run.

TV looked great period, be it against the pass or the run.

Wire, on the other hand was suspect on the passing game (altough it was expected) but I was suprised to see him taking poor angles against the running game. Either he was late or going on another direction.

One of my concerns about losing AW was his great run support.

I believe TV was our leading tackler today.

One particular play that stood out.

Taylor breaks an off-tackle run, Wire (who was unblocked) misses him & despite being blocks by a TE, TV manages to drag him down by the feet.  If not for that tackle, it likely would have been a ~70 yd TD run.

29959[/snapback]

I saw Wire whiff on that play and I pointed it out to anyone within shouting distance. :devil:

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that one of your CB's is a leading tackler. That means the RB's are getting into the secondary and that is definitely NOT a good thing!

Several if not most of his tackles were short passes of very little significance completed against him where he was right on the man after the catch and knocked him OB or straight down. That one tackle on the Wire whiff did indeed save a score, however. TV had a very solid first game for the Bills.

IMO, it's impossible to imagine that Nate didn't know it was fourth down. In the huddle I can't believe TV or Spikes or Sam Adams or Fletcher or someone wasn't screaming "We need to make one play!"