The Bills don't pay thier players...

stevestojan

The problem with the Bills? We don't sign our players. We don't pay the star players the money they "deserve"* (*by deserve, i am referring to how these players perform compared to their NFL counterparts).

Why would someone ever come to the Bills, or ever STAY with the Bills when we don't keep our playmakers?

We have this reputation of "come here, we'll win one", but we NEVER pay our players what they are worth...

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

"Why come to Buffalo"? So you can have a breakout year and we'll trade you to a team that's willing to pay for you...

427930[/snapback]

You forgot Peerless and hopefully soon you'll have forgotten Lindell.

Dave.

The problem with the Bills? We don't sign our players. We don't pay the star players the money they "deserve"* (*by deserve, i am referring to how these players perform compared to their NFL counterparts).

Why would someone ever come to the Bills, or ever STAY with the Bills when we don't keep our playmakers?

We have this reputation of "come here, we'll win one", but we NEVER pay our players what they are worth...

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

"Why come to Buffalo"? So you can have a breakout year and we'll trade you to a team that's willing to pay for you...

427930[/snapback]

Everyone of those guys is a perfect example of cutting a guy at the perfect time....especially Cowart - Flecther has been a machine since replacing that loser -and he came cheaper too.

TD is not always perfect - but every time he has let a player walk it was the right move - let someone else overpay for Winfields 5 picks in 4 years

Everyone of those guys is a perfect example of cutting a guy at the perfect time....especially Cowart - Flecther has been a machine since replacing that loser -and he came cheaper too.

428362[/snapback]

That's going a bit far. Cowart was a dominate player before the injury, almost on the level of Ray Lewis. Calling him a "loser" because he got injured (on a cheap shot none-the-less) is pretty pathetic.

That's going a bit far.  Cowart was a dominate player before the injury, almost on the level of Ray Lewis.  Calling him a "loser" because he got injured (on a cheap shot none-the-less) is pretty pathetic.

428406[/snapback]

you are right - Cowart was dominant before he got hurt and only became a "loser" when he became a Jet...that was a cheap shot - but the fact remains it was a smart move letting him go and Fletcher has been a great addition, at a lesser cost

Wow, that post was made at 2:30 this morning. I was bombed, and I'm shocked that there weren't many typos. Anyway, I'm sticking to my story... :)

428317[/snapback]

Add Nate to the list. Even if we tag him he will be playing somewhere else in '06 :P

Although I'd have liked to keep some, everyone on your list was overpaid by another team. I don't mind TD being shrewd(frugal) so that we don't get into salary cap trouble. Nate is the next one up and again I'd like to keep him but not for an $18 million signing bonus. Maybe that would fly on a 7 year contract.

TD is not always perfect - but every time he has let a player walk it was the right move - let someone else overpay for Winfields 5 picks in 4 years

428362[/snapback]

The one player where I see he was wrong was Christie except he hobbled. He was going to be out a few games so he PUP'ed him trying to get him back cheap. Christie is still kicking and doing better than current kicker.