If you don't like Gandy yet

AKC

They look bad tonight, no doubt...but dont phone it in after a preseason game.

427436[/snapback]

I'm gettin close to phoning it in after 4 pre-season games. Every game has gotten worse to this point. :P

I'm about to phone in the Sabres season also and they haven't even had training camp yet. :doh:

I'm gettin close to phoning it in after 4 pre-season games.  Every game has gotten worse to this point.  :P

I'm about to phone in the Sabres season also and they haven't even had training camp yet.  :doh:

427440[/snapback]

We do have our own first round pick next year, right?

Both sides for the most part let up on the play.  I was at the game, and yeah a few were pushing but most knew it was called dead and I wouldn't take any meaning from one player overwhelming the other on that play.

427813[/snapback]

Had we been blessed in the immediate past with a LT who might on occasion show up 20 yards downfield run blocking for his running backs I might find some common ground on you with the play being flagged, but since Jonas was hardly one to help downfield in the running game I'll still hold some delight in seeing Gandy still wheeling that deep into a play.

I've yet to see the guy lose a scrap. That was a 2man play tonight and the back chased him in like he was following a Sherpa.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed our LT would make our LG look like Larry Smith.

I've been happy with Gandy's performance in the preseason.  My concern is with Bennie Anderson.  Especially for all the hype, he seems to be the weak link on this line.

Dave.

427808[/snapback]

I'm in LA so I havent seen the lions game yet, but based on the first 3 preseason games, Bennie is the weak link. His man is almost always in the play. Gandy has been fine, and dare i say, good.

Hoping that mcgahee left, mcgahee rt, works well for us starting on Sept 11. We really need to take the pressure off JP, and 3rd and long will make for a realllll long season. Although, I wont complain about JP as he learns the NFL, b/c even Vince Feragammo would be better then watching a helpless Bledsoe.

I'm in LA so I havent seen the lions game yet, but based on the first 3 preseason games, Bennie is the weak link.  His man is almost always in the play. Gandy has been fine, and dare i say, good. 

428146[/snapback]

Bernie gets the start because he is healthy but like last year I think Tucker will be starting soon. The line became more solid when Tucker came in and if not fot his offseason back surgury I think he would be starting. Maybe like Marcus Price last year the Bills value their swing man more than other teams.

I've been happy with Gandy's performance in the preseason.  My concern is with Bennie Anderson.  Especially for all the hype, he seems to be the weak link on this line.

Dave.

427808[/snapback]

Thank you! Up until this thread, it seemed like everyone around here had been overly obsessed with bashing a backup safety (Wire) and a backup WR (Reed) while letting our starting LG fall under the radar. But BA may end up doing more damage to the Bills' playoff chances this season than any backup will do. Next to Lindell, he's got to be our worst starter.

I never understood Bennie's "hype" in the first place. The Ravens didn't want him because he sucked at pass protection and commited too many penalties. And now that he's in Buffalo, he's added "poor run blocker" to his pathetic resume. He's had 4 preseason games to show his worth, but each game he's actually gotten worse instead of better.

My prediction: Preston or a healthy Tucker will replace this giant turd by October.

Thank you! Up until this thread, it seemed like everyone around here had been overly obsessed with bashing a backup safety (Wire) and a backup WR (Reed) while letting our starting LG fall under the radar. But BA may end up doing more damage to the Bills' playoff chances this season than any backup will do. Next to Lindell, he's got to be our worst starter.

I never understood Bennie's "hype" in the first place. The Ravens didn't want him because he sucked at pass protection and commited too many penalties. And now that he's in Buffalo, he's added "poor run blocker" to his pathetic resume. He's had 4 preseason games to show his worth, but each game he's actually gotten worse instead of better.

My prediction: Preston or a healthy Tucker will replace this giant turd by October.

428234[/snapback]

"There are better (and cheaper) LG options still out there for our offense. I'll name one right now: Bennie Anderson, UFA from the Ravens. He'd be perfect for us."

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=277929

you seemed to get the "hype" back in march.......

i trashed bennie when we signed him and took a serious flaming on this board for it from the homers......."TD knows best, your just a fan, he's the expert, stop the crusade"......anyway, he was tossed out of baltimore for a reason.......the ravens showed no interest in resigning him and replaced him with a cheaper more talented player.......ironically, vincent would have looked much better in our lineup and given his connections to mularky i'm still shocked we never pursued him.......

it's discouraging to see the way anderson has performed this pre-season but i'm far from surprised........i'm also not surprised at the number of folks who flamed me for voicing a negative opinion on the move back in march now turn around and voice their own negative opinion on anderson......the signing was a screw-up and disappointing given the number of other options the bills had to address the position.....