My constant Bledsoe Bashing & "Statue" comments

Foxboro Mike

I'm pretty sure that my opinion of Drew Bledsoe is pretty well-known on Two Bills Drive. Is this an understatement? :doh:

I started a thread critiquing Bledsoe this AM that was greeted with a lot of consternation and knashing of teeth. My comments were meant to be light-hearted, to ignite a spirited debate on the board, and to tweak the Bledsoe apologists a little (hey, I'm being honest). My goal wasn't to offend, I swear. I love the good-natured back and forth and ripping on each other's teams, as well as the good, solid football talk. :lol: Part of the fun of being a sports-fan is busting on the opposition, IMO.

Even I can see at this point that my opinions regarding Drew are tired and have run its course.

So, for those of you who despise my Drew-bashing (and me), here it is: Consider my Drew-Bashing a thing of the past; I'm on Twelve-Step Statue recovery program. I'm admit I've been excessive in my vocal critique of 'ol #11, and I pledge to not unnecessarily or gratuitously slander Bledsoe going forward in any way. Any criticism of him will be valid, straightforward and as gentle as possible, I promise.

I hope you'll allow me these last words on the subject, if only to get it out of my system:

Statue, Albatross, Cerebral, patpatpatshufflesack.

My pledge starts... NOW.

I only hope the Dead Horse Beaters Club can forgive me. :D

McGahee's ACL became Foxboro Mike, I can do it againTo quote Rocky IV: If I can change, you can change, anyone can change!!!" :)

Edit: Whoops, need to change my signature too.

Edited by Foxboro Mike

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Your toughest times may lay ahead, at the point when someone else here starts a thread criticizing DB and the temptation you will face to chime in will be great. Do not give in, you must resist my son and take the high road. Now go say a few Hail Mary's. All is forgiven. :doh:

Could you cut that twelve-step program down to like, a five, or three step? I mean, it is Drew you know. A statue and all. He has been taught to get off those programs quicker.

29723[/snapback]

I was thinking maybe an alarm clock could go off when it was time for me to stop...?

Hey, even you have to admit that DB taking 1 sack, on purpose no less, was quite an accomplishment. Still, the same results at the end of the day, another L.

You may want to find someone other than "whatchutalkinbout Willis" to disrespect. He is starting to look better and better each time he touches the rock. You may have no ammo going against him. God, I hope I didn't just jinx him.

Anyhow, good luck with your future bashings, whoever you choose. :doh:

I think part of your recovery could be looking at DB's play from yesterday's game and analyzing it as a football fan instead of a Drew Basher. I'm confident this would help you because there really isn't anything negative you could say about his play yesterday :-)

thats no fun. I think you should continue to trash Bledsoe. We hate Brady regardless of his performance. Why shouldn't you hate Bledsoe?

And yeah, half the fun of this board is talking to different people and having a debate as to the merits of patpatpat sack versus marciamarciamarcia overrated...

thats no fun. I think you should continue to trash Bledsoe. We hate Brady regardless of his performance. Why shouldn't you hate Bledsoe?

And yeah, half the fun of this board is talking to different people and having a debate as to the merits of patpatpat sack versus marciamarciamarcia overrated...

29747[/snapback]

Be careful, don't want to get the troll-bait mad...

:doh::):lol:

patpatpat sack versus marciamarciamarcia overrated...

------------------------------------------------

classic....we should get T shirts made that say this for the pats v. bills game.

29773[/snapback]

I think everyone going through the gate that day should get a cut-out of Marcia Brady's face so that we can hold it up to cover our faces every time TB is on the field. That would get on NFL Prime Time.

I think everyone going through the gate that day should get a cut-out of Marcia Brady's face so that we can hold it up to cover our faces every time TB is on the field.  That would get on NFL Prime Time.

29788[/snapback]

Now that's actually funny!

Rayzer, my man: up for a little Bills/Pats bet, in the spirit of old-school WWF?

A "Loser Leaves TBD Forever Bet", which of course means only until the week of the 2nd Bills/Pats game. :doh: Whaddaya think?

Rayzer, my man:  up for a little Bills/Pats bet, in the spirit of old-school WWF?

A "Loser Leaves TBD Forever Bet", which of course means only until the week of the 2nd Bills/Pats game.  :doh:  Whaddaya think?

29794[/snapback]

No way Mike, I might find myself pulling for the Pats. :)

Rayzer, my man:  up for a little Bills/Pats bet, in the spirit of old-school WWF?

A "Loser Leaves TBD Forever Bet", which of course means only until the week of the 2nd Bills/Pats game.  :)  Whaddaya think?

29794[/snapback]

Sounds good, I'm taking the Pats. :doh: