shoveldog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Link - Shoot to Kill

Good to see!  Maybe now, the whiners will stop saying... "where is our gov't, why aren't they doing anything?"

Mods... you can merge this one... I just wanted to make sure everyone who's been crying for action saw this one.

426466[/snapback]

Defense Department alerts and mobilizations for the storm began well before the storm hit. You are still going to get a lot of feedback along the lines of not already being there as the eyewall passed, so no one is doing their job.

I think one of the Katrina responses for most people at this point would be. 1. Look at TV. 2. Walk away.

Here's another quote: This is what our society is all about... handouts and "what is the gov't going to do for me... you owe me more." Ridiculous.

Quoted from here: Link

Keith Brooks left the Superdome two days after he arrived.

"It wasn't fit for a dog in there," he said.

The food was "slop." Officials threw bottles of water for people to catch, he said. He recalled sick, elderly people being ignored and said he saw a 14-year-old girl being raped.

The 40-year-old trash collector said he planned to seek work in Houston and was never going back to New Orleans where he had spent his entire life.

"They didn't treat me right in there. They didn't treat nobody right," he said."

Lenwyn Hollins waited out the storm with his wife and three children in their public housing project because going to the Superdome was "like an insult to us."

"I've lost all trust in New Orleans," he said.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUGGIN KIDDING ME! These are the same people who CHOSE to stay in NO after being ordered to leave. They were the lucky one's who got rescued and evacuated, then have the nerve to say CRAP like this... Let's just line idiots like this up and shoot them too... be done with the whole lot of them. <_<

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUGGIN KIDDING ME!  These are the same people who CHOSE to stay in NO after being ordered to leave.  They were the lucky one's who got rescued and evacuated, then have the nerve to say CRAP like this... Let's just line idiots like this up and shoot them too... be done with the whole lot of them. <_<

426473[/snapback]

not everyone chose to stay

not everyone chose to stay

426477[/snapback]

These people obviously did. They were capable, working adults. They could have left when ORDERED to evacuate. Yet, they whine and complain about conditions and the way they were "handled" during their rescue? Bullcrap!

We just had a big DCom brief with city officials and the military bases here. They are going to use Oceana as a drop point for donations of food/water and hump them via C130. Which is HUGE HELP! And get this, people are bitching here because "there will be more jet noise"...

The DOD had a plan for relief but NOBODY thought it was going to be this bad. Remember, that storm hit Florida and started to die down people just wrote it off. As soon as it hit the Gulf it turned into a monster and hit the coast 2 days later. NO TIME! The Navy got underway the day after the storm. All the big decks are going to run their vamp plants 24/7. Is it enough? No. People down there are not helping the cause. Shootings, rapes, looters, gangs, price gougers, idiots rushing lines for the buses, ETC... There are a TON of supplies sitting at the old Meridian, MS Naval Base but there is NOT enough Helo's to run the food/water in UNTIL the Amphibs make it into the Gulf. There are guys running stolen Uhauls charging 1000 per person for rides out of the city and they are just dropping them off 10 miles down the road making matters worse. Those people with no food or water then walk back, many not making it back from the heat. There are bodies all over the highway now and the Army's truckers have to stop to move them off the road. Many of the people could not get out of the city due to not having a car/truck. But... 85% of the ones who stayed there knew this could be a "chance" to rob and mob and are now paying the price for staying. With the military in there now, things should get going unless the Media makes them look like bad guys to add to the drama.....

But if that was were I lived and my home was there, I would of stayed and got my family out. Who here has ever lost EVERYTHING to a natural disaster? Or worried about people taking EVERYTHING you busted your butt to earn. Ever deal with Federal Grants or insurace after a disater? You get 25% of total home value and, if your lucky, you insured all your belongings on the inside of the home......

My bet is most did not!

We just had a big DCom brief with city officials and the military bases here.  They are going to use Oceana as a drop point for donations of food/water and hump them via C130.  Which is HUGE HELP!  And get this, people are bitching here because "there will be more jet noise"...

The DOD had a plan for relief but NOBODY thought it was going to be this bad.  Remember, that storm hit Florida and started to die down people just wrote it off.  As soon as it hit the Gulf it turned into a monster and hit the coast 2 days later.  NO TIME!  The Navy got underway the day after the storm.  All the big decks are going to run their vamp plants 24/7.  Is it enough?  No.  People down there are not helping the cause.  Shootings, rapes, looters, gangs, price gougers, idiots rushing lines for the buses, ETC...  There are a TON of supplies sitting at the old Meridian, MS Naval Base but there is NOT enough Helo's to run the food/water in UNTIL the Amphibs make it into the Gulf. There are guys running stolen Uhauls charging 1000 per person for rides out of the city and they are just dropping them off 10 miles down the road making matters worse.  Those people with no food or water then walk back, many not making it back from the heat.  There are bodies all over the highway now and the Army's truckers  have to stop to move them off the road.    Many of the people could not get out of the city due to not having a car/truck.  But... 85% of the ones who stayed there knew this could be a "chance" to rob and mob and are now paying the price for staying.  With the military in there now, things should get going unless the Media makes them look like bad guys to add to the drama.....

426490[/snapback]

That is probably the most intelligent thing I've seen you write in all your time here. I don't think people have much comprehension of what the conditions are like for those trying to get in and help. An aviation battalion out of this area is flying in as we speak. A friend of mine is one of the pilots. They will be working out of the NO naval air station.

Here's another quote:  This is what our society is all about... handouts and "what is the gov't going to do for me... you owe me more."  Ridiculous.

Quoted from here:  Link

The food was "slop." Officials threw bottles of water for people to catch, he said. He recalled sick, elderly people being ignored and said he saw a 14-year-old girl being raped.

The 40-year-old trash collector said he planned to seek work in Houston and was never going back to New Orleans where he had spent his entire life.

"They didn't treat me right in there. They didn't treat nobody right," he said."

Lenwyn Hollins waited out the storm with his wife and three children in their public housing project because going to the Superdome was "like an insult to us."

"I've lost all trust in New Orleans," he said.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUGGIN KIDDING ME!  These are the same people who CHOSE to stay in NO after being ordered to leave.  They were the lucky one's who got rescued and evacuated, then have the nerve to say CRAP like this... Let's just line idiots like this up and shoot them too... be done with the whole lot of them. <_<

426473[/snapback]

I saw an interview on Fox yesterday with two SURVIVORS and they did nothing but B word about the Superdome situation.

The one lady complained about how bad the smell was, how nurses were just ignoring everyone, AND COMPLAINED THAT THE FOOD ( MRE'S) WAS NOT HOT!!!!!!

I turned to my wife and said something to the effect - These A**HOLES should be kissing the ground the stand on. THEY ARE ALIVE !!!! Let something like that happen here in Buffalo and my whole family survive and then tell me that I will be without HOT FOOD for a few days..I would rejoice!

Unreal...

Sooner than later this will become a race issue and a bash Bush festival because you know everything in the universe that is wrong is his fault.

I also heard the mayer of NO on the radio this morning do nothing but B word about how slow the federal response is, especially in sending troops. Does this MORON realize that if troops are just sent in without any support ( food, tents, communication centers established, etc ) that they will be part of the problem, not the solution??

That is probably the most intelligent thing I've seen you write in all your time here. I don't think people have much comprehension of what the conditions are like for those trying to get in and help. An aviation battalion out of this area is flying in as we speak. A friend of mine is one of the pilots. They will be working out of the NO naval air station.

426495[/snapback]

Hey bud,

Im a better person than most know me for on this board. I just dont care what people think of me. This is a message board on the internet. NOT REAL LIFE like some treat it.... As long as my family is fed and Im doing my job to keep my country safe, im happy.

I hope to drink beers and meet all of you very soon.

426495[/snapback]

Ditto.

I keep saying it: this isn't like deploying help into a city. It's like deploying help into a swamp. New Orleans is gone. Maybe it'll come back...but right now, it's ceased to exist. This is a vastly different situation from even the tsunami devastation, where it was possible to support people in-place. In NO, it took three days to reopen a single runway at the airport...and people are wondering why supplies haven't been flown in?

We just had a big DCom brief with city officials and the military bases here.  They are going to use Oceana as a drop point for donations of food/water and hump them via C130.  Which is HUGE HELP!  And get this, people are bitching here because "there will be more jet noise"...

The DOD had a plan for relief but NOBODY thought it was going to be this bad.  Remember, that storm hit Florida and started to die down people just wrote it off.  As soon as it hit the Gulf it turned into a monster and hit the coast 2 days later.  NO TIME!  The Navy got underway the day after the storm.  All the big decks are going to run their vamp plants 24/7.  Is it enough?  No.  People down there are not helping the cause.  Shootings, rapes, looters, gangs, price gougers, idiots rushing lines for the buses, ETC...  There are a TON of supplies sitting at the old Meridian, MS Naval Base but there is NOT enough Helo's to run the food/water in UNTIL the Amphibs make it into the Gulf. There are guys running stolen Uhauls charging 1000 per person for rides out of the city and they are just dropping them off 10 miles down the road making matters worse.  Those people with no food or water then walk back, many not making it back from the heat.  There are bodies all over the highway now and the Army's truckers  have to stop to move them off the road.    Many of the people could not get out of the city due to not having a car/truck.  But... 85% of the ones who stayed there knew this could be a "chance" to rob and mob and are now paying the price for staying.  With the military in there now, things should get going unless the Media makes them look like bad guys to add to the drama.....

But if that was were I lived and my home was there,  I would of stayed and got my family out.  Who here has ever lost EVERYTHING to a natural disaster?  Or worried about people taking EVERYTHING you busted your butt to earn.  Ever deal with Federal Grants or insurace after a disater?  You get 25% of total home value and, if your lucky, you insured all your belongings on the inside of the home......

My bet is most did not!

426490[/snapback]

This should be pinned. Nice job.

Here's another quote:  This is what our society is all about... handouts and "what is the gov't going to do for me... you owe me more."  Ridiculous.

Quoted from here:  Link

426473[/snapback]

well, gee, i'm glad that keith did something to help. !@#$. <_<

well, gee, i'm glad that keith did something to help.  !@#$.  <_<

426531[/snapback]

Does Louisiana have good smaritan laws. If so he just incriminated himself and is awaiting a bunk with Bubba. Stupid SOB, how can anyone just sit there and watch.

People suck.

Does Louisiana have good smaritan laws.  If so he just incriminated himself and is awaiting a bunk with Bubba.  Stupid SOB, how can anyone just sit there and watch. 

People suck.

426536[/snapback]

for once we agree.

Does Louisiana have good smaritan laws.  If so he just incriminated himself and is awaiting a bunk with Bubba.  Stupid SOB, how can anyone just sit there and watch. 

People suck.

426536[/snapback]

hes a dick for not helping. but i dout most would do anything in that situation. if i had a gun than no problem. but i dout he did. and i dout there was just 1 guy there. this is why we need guns in america. to keep stupid !@#$ers from doing stupid !@#$ing things.

Link - Shoot to Kill

Good to see!  Maybe now, the whiners will stop saying... "where is our gov't, why aren't they doing anything?"

Mods... you can merge this one... I just wanted to make sure everyone who's been crying for action saw this one.

426466[/snapback]

Wow, that's just great. It's about 72 hours late but hey...

hes a dick for not helping. but i dout most would do anything in that situation. if i had a gun than no problem. but i dout he did. and i dout there was just 1 guy there. this is why we need guns in america. to keep stupid !@#$ers from doing stupid !@#$ing things.

426543[/snapback]

the gun issue is a debate in which i have no interest participating. i'll only say this -- any grown man who would see a 14-year-old girl being raped and do nothing is not worth the dirt under my fingernails.