Anderson Cooper

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

is really throwing himself into this story ( Katrina ). He's the new Geraldo!

CNN's coverage is great!!!!!

426241[/snapback]

Watching him light up that Senator was interesting. " Excuse me, but I'm hearing you thanking these politicians for their help, yet behind me is a dead elderly woman who has been rotting on this street curb for 48 hours now because no one has showed up here, rats are eating her now."

Watching him light up that Senator was interesting.  " Excuse me, but I'm hearing you thanking these politicians for their help, yet behind me is a dead elderly woman who has been rotting on this street curb for 48 hours now because no one has showed up here,  rats are eating her now."

426255[/snapback]

A classic! She was pissed because he put her on the spot! But...her father was the mayor of NO, at one point!

Watching him light up that Senator was interesting.  " Excuse me, but I'm hearing you thanking these politicians for their help, yet behind me is a dead elderly woman who has been rotting on this street curb for 48 hours now because no one has showed up here,  rats are eating her now."

426255[/snapback]

No schitt? On live TV?

From what i heard, he had a meltdown on the screen.

If he was on the scene, why didn't he and his cameraman load her up on their truck and take her out of there?

Sorry, worry about the dead later. The living is priority #1 now. Sounds callous, but is the truth.

From what i heard, he had a meltdown on the screen.

If he was on the scene, why didn't he and his cameraman load her up on their truck and take her out of there?

Sorry, worry about the dead later. The living is priority #1 now. Sounds callous, but is the truth.

426263[/snapback]

It was a Democratic Senator that he went off on. I'm sure that will change your thoughts on the matter.

Not verbatum, but that was the jist.  A Senator speaking out her ass,  a dead woman, a curb, 48 hours and rats were all involved.

426265[/snapback]

That's gotta be the closest a politician has gotten to a dead body since McCain almost got blown up on the Forrestall.

I've been having my own trauma watching MSNBC. Normally I can't stand Joe Scarborough, but tonight I'm actually agreeing with him.

Ahhhh...Tucker Carlson is on now....sweet relief. Back to your regular twisted programming.

I am awakening to that fact as we speak. This whole "emergency response" is disgusting. No more excuses, our government is failing us.

426374[/snapback]

It seems more and more people are taking that attitude. I've a feeling the fallout is going to be a sight to behold.

-------------

NO flooded on TUESDAY. IT IS THURSDAY. 48 HOURS. It takes time to move things . Ever hear of a word called logistics? Can't use the transporters on the !@#$ING ENTERPRISE to get stuff there.

-----------------

All you --------------- can do is complain about something you know nothing about.

Drop water on them?

Get more busses- From where?

Fly stuff in- where do the planes land?

-------------------

-------------

NO flooded on TUESDAY. IT IS THURSDAY. 48 HOURS. It takes time to move things . Ever hear of a word called logistics? Can't use the transporters on the !@#$ING ENTERPRISE to get stuff there.

-----------------

All you --------------- can do is complain about something you know nothing about.

Drop water on them?

Get more busses- From where?

Fly stuff in- where do the planes land?

426423[/snapback]

Sorry, my details are a little hazy (heard this on the news coverage while at work), but apparently, one of Bush's people, two and a half years ago, predicted something like this was likely to happen, should New Orleans ever be hit dead on by a hurricane. He made the deadly mistake (as it turns out) in saying that the likelihood was growing stronger, as a result of global warming. The Bush adminstration does not acknowledge "global warming" as anything but a theory, likely a "wackey" one at that. This particular person sited a hurricane hitting New Orleans as the most dangerous natural disaster that could befall the United States. Recommendations were made as to how to prepare for this immenent disaster, but they fell mainly on deaf ears...

I understand Wacka, your frustration with people who are growing increasingly disillusioned by the government, but you of all people, calling people out for "saying the same old crap soundbites over and over again" is kind of dark funny.

At the very least, we should all be concerned that no preperation of any kind was ever made for this kind of event. Why not have a reserve of bottled water stored somewhere that is least likely to be hit by terrorism, or natural disaster. Christ, we do it for our precious oil, why not water, the most essential thing of all? Sorry man, not trying to pick a fight with anyone, and I hate the fact that something like this is automatically a political issue (it shouldn't be). I also realize that there is no way to prepare for every possibity, but it seems like nobody had an idea of how to deal with this. It kind of makes you wonder at times what the point is of having a Department of Homeland Security.

426255[/snapback]

gotta give him props on that one. Making a name for himself as compared to Larry King who is asking Jesse what the deal is