Bush blew a great opportunity to be a true leader

Poor Shrub! Come ON, he was on VACATION! Stupid natural disaster, interrupting his VACATION! Some nerve. Why should he have considered that a category 5 hurricane might to bad things to his beloved Southland? Any more than he should have considered reading a memo about planes flying into the WTC.

Ahh but tomorrow he's gonna grab his bullhorn and go to the devasted area and rally those poor folks, facing months of homelessness, bankruptcy, cholera...oh yeah. And they're gonna feel good.

To be honest this disaster is OBVIOUSLY something we were totally unprepared for and I am depressed at our inability to react quicker. I cannot imagine the horror those people are facing. My friends have family missing and it's heartbreaking. Bush is ineffective, clueless and a dweeb but he is still a human being and I'm sure he's probably frustrated too. He's just not one of us, never was and never will be. He and his compatriots have no notion of the fact that many people toil their whole lives and are only a breath away from disaster. And he never will understand it unless his trust funds are looted by some of his robber baron cronies.

But much as I would love to, I can't find anything to blame on him in this one. Not yet anyway.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I bother trying to explain things like this to you.  I'm not counting myself AMONG the elites.  I'm saying that they heap scorn on you for the ease with which they can get you to focus on petty concerns such as partisan politics while they continue to loot our country.  Think of that the next time you're filling up.

425763[/snapback]

Your tap dance lessons have paid off.

Poor Shrub!  Come ON, he was on VACATION! Stupid natural disaster, interrupting his VACATION!  Some nerve.  Why should he have considered that a category 5 hurricane might to bad things to his beloved Southland?  Any more than he should have considered reading a memo about planes flying into the WTC.

Ahh but tomorrow he's gonna grab his bullhorn and go to the devasted area and rally those poor folks, facing months of homelessness, bankruptcy, cholera...oh yeah.  And they're gonna feel good.

To be honest this disaster is OBVIOUSLY something we were totally unprepared for and I am depressed at our inability to react quicker.  I cannot imagine the horror those people are facing.  My friends have family missing and it's heartbreaking.  Bush is ineffectively, clueless and a dweeb but he is still a human being and I'm sure he's probably frustrated too.  He's just not one of us, never was and never will be.  He and his compatriots have no notion of the fact that many people toil their whole lives and are only a breath away from disaster.  And he never will understand it unless his trust funds are looted by some of his robber baron cronies.

425808[/snapback]

Didn't you bother us with some story about birds and a bridge in Seattle last month? :blink:

You have to take into account that even if you take New Orleans out of the equation this would still be the worst natural disaster in the hisory of the United States. People seem to think it is all about NO but that is where the coverage is focused. There are towns in Mississippi that are just gone.

425796[/snapback]

Yes...and it's happened before. I don't recall Nixon dropping everything before Camille hit, or Bush I for Andrew or Hugo, or Clinton for Floyd.

I also don't recall anyone complaining last year when Bush didn't drop everything to prepare for the four hurricanes that ripped apart Florida.

Lots of insults, but nothing addressing the point from the zombies. 

This is not about politics or policies, it's about whether the president understands a great PR opportunity & seizes the moment, energizing the American public.  It doesn't matter who or what party the president is.  In the same vein, there should be (the rich) senators & congresspeople doing their best to both contribute & let the public know they have. 

I don't know whether he contributed anything or not, that's not the point.  The point is a leader contributes & announces it to get the public excited about it.

425807[/snapback]

But he's NEVER been an inspiring president who seizes the moment and energizes the public. Why are you acting so surprised now?

But he's NEVER been an inspiring president who seizes the moment and energizes the public.  Why are you acting so surprised now?

425817[/snapback]

Because at some point I'd think he or one of his advisors would realize a great opportunity & a chance at a legacy when his presidency is over.

Because unlike those trolls who can only throw stupid insults, I want to believe that he can rise up and show greatness by his actions.

Every leader has a chance every now & then to face a moment that he will always be remembered and admired for. I'm not partisan between elections & I actually want the president to do great things. I'm more surprised that nobody thought of doing something symbolic of leadership before President Bush addressed the public.

Poor Shrub!  Come ON, he was on VACATION! Stupid natural disaster, interrupting his VACATION!  Some nerve.  Why should he have considered that a category 5 hurricane might to bad things to his beloved Southland?  Any more than he should have considered reading a memo about planes flying into the WTC.

Ahh but tomorrow he's gonna grab his bullhorn and go to the devasted area and rally those poor folks, facing months of homelessness, bankruptcy, cholera...oh yeah.  And they're gonna feel good.

425808[/snapback]

I'm glad SOMEBODY gets it.

To be honest this disaster is OBVIOUSLY something we were totally unprepared for and I am depressed at our inability to react quicker.  I cannot imagine the horror those people are facing.  My friends have family missing and it's heartbreaking.  Bush is ineffective, clueless and a dweeb but he is still a human being and I'm sure he's probably frustrated too.  He's just not one of us, never was and never will be.  He and his compatriots have no notion of the fact that many people toil their whole lives and are only a breath away from disaster.  And he never will understand it unless his trust funds are looted by some of his robber baron cronies.

425808[/snapback]

Jesus H. Christ, the POTUS is NEVER on vacation. He can stay in the White House or in Crawford but he's always on duty. Presidents never get the day off.

You couldn't take a day off from your shrill, stupid posts for even one day? Maybe a week in light of the worst natural disaster in a century?

Yeah, we all know you hate Bush. Your life's work is apparently expressing your hatred of him. But give it a break this week.

But much as I would love to, I can't find anything to blame on him in this one.  Not yet anyway.
You won't blame him but you will take the opportunity to B word about him for about 3 paragraphs for no reason. Classy.

Yes...and it's happened before.  I don't recall Nixon dropping everything before Camille hit, or Bush I for Andrew or Hugo, or Clinton for Floyd.

I also don't recall anyone complaining last year when Bush didn't drop everything to prepare for the four hurricanes that ripped apart Florida.

425815[/snapback]

I agree. The only real issue I have is I am honestly shocked that he has not offically addressed the nation yet......and by address the nation I mean a primetime address.

I agree. The only real issue I have is I am honestly shocked that he has not offically addressed the nation yet......and by address the nation I mean a primetime address.

425866[/snapback]

I agree because the Emily Post rule for a President to address the public in prime time after a natural disaster is three days or less. Jesus what do you folks base this stuff on???

Jesus H. Christ, the POTUS is NEVER on vacation.  He can stay in the White House or in Crawford but he's always on duty.  Presidents never get the day off. 

You couldn't take a day off from your shrill, stupid posts for even one day?  Maybe a week in light of the worst natural disaster in a century?

Yeah, we all know you hate Bush.  Your life's work is apparently expressing your hatred of him.  But give it a break this week.

You won't blame him but you will take the opportunity to B word about him for about 3 paragraphs for no reason.  Classy.

425862[/snapback]

Oh chill out. Are you so stupid you don't know the difference by now when I'm serious, or not? Did you ignore the previous statements? Did you not notice that it was SOMEONE ELSE not me who started all this about "Bush bad".

Talk about blinded by hatred. You'll die young if you don't learn to deal with it. Bush is a loser but what's going on in N.O. isn't his fault. His reaction is nothing more than expected. Read whatever you want into that statement. I guess if you think he's doing a great job, then you should be happy. If not, I really don't give a rat's ass.

Can the President do ANYTHING as a private citizen?  My impression was always that whoever holds the office can't so much as cut a check to the Red Cross, but has to staff it out...

425588[/snapback]

Reagan would occasionally write personal checks to welfare recipients who sent him letters bitching how he cut welfare funding

I agree because the Emily Post rule for a President to address the public in prime time after a natural disaster is three days or less.  Jesus what do you folks base this stuff on???

425877[/snapback]

This is a pretty unique circumstance, though. People are geting bombarded with horrifying images of people starving to death, widespread looting and lawlessness, stories of rescue ops ended because of violence, pictures of grief-stricken widows hunched over next to dead spouses. People want to know why they aren't seeing any help for these people.

Not everyone in america undestands what it entails in getting aid to these people. It's his freaking job to lead the country through times of crisis, make people understand that everything in the governments power is being done. He's dropping the ball on this one.

It's his freaking job to lead the country through times of crisis, make people understand that everything in the governments power is being done.  He's dropping the ball on this one.

425898[/snapback]

And quick..why did we invade Iraq?

I've said this many, many times in the past four years: this administration's marketing and PR sucks. Never has an administration been in such dire need of a Madison Avenue company's help before. He's dropping the ball...just like he's dropped the ball every other time he's been required to explain complex national policy to the public. Again...why is everyone surprised?

Oh chill out.  Are you so stupid you don't know the difference by now when I'm serious, or not?  Did you ignore the previous statements?  Did you not notice that it was SOMEONE ELSE not me who started all this about "Bush bad".

425883[/snapback]

"Someone else started it....."

Yeah, and you dove right in with your usual nonsense.

And quick..why did we invade Iraq? 

I've said this many, many times in the past four years: this administration's marketing and PR sucks.  Never has an administration been in such dire need of a Madison Avenue company's help before.  He's dropping the ball...just like he's dropped the ball every other time he's been required to explain complex national policy to the public.  Again...why is everyone surprised?

425903[/snapback]

That doesn't make it OK. I can't believe that the bar has been set so low for this man that his defense in all of these instances is "Shucks, It's just Dubya being Dubya."

How hard is it to just go on TV and talk to the american people? His "low flyover" of some of the affected areas of the south sure was inspiring. Did he have the pilot dip the wing on the way by?