Why aren't we air dropping supplies in NO?

Well here's your quote:

"Am I the only one that heard the reports of rescue and assistance teams being assembled in Baton Rouge on Saturday and Sunday?"

So help me out here, are you talking about???  Find me a number of the number of NG and SnR mobilized and I'll shut up.

425658[/snapback]

In other words, you didn't hear it so it didn't happen. Just started following the story yesterday?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We can play the blame game later.  Right now, they need to figure out a way to get food and water to these people.  If they can get empty busses to the Superdome to load people, why can't they get truckloads of water to the same place?

As for the people who did not evacuate, I'm sure that a lot of them were too poor or frail to go anywhere.  The Superdome was billed as the main shelter, so I don't think that we can blame people for going there before the storm.

As frustrating as it is to watch on tv, it must be a million times more frustrating to be there and have no communications telling you when to expect food, water, or a ride out.

425642[/snapback]

So right, so right.

The problem they are saying is that more people are showing up at the Superdome.

Well, Mr. Sec. Where to you want them to go?

:blink:<_<

Uhhh...maybe they don't have the water available?  Same with this looney airdrop idea...you can't deliver what you don't have available. 

And I know the next question would be "Why weren't they prepared with stocks of water?"  Because no one stocks much of anything anymore...and even if they did, it'd probably be in a warehouse in Oregon and take just as long to get to NO as it would to order it from a regional bottler.

425653[/snapback]

Fair enough.

Show me the proof, show me ONE article??  I'll be waiting..........

425669[/snapback]

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=3774633&nav=0RY4dpvR

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/c..._csm/akatrina_1

"And FEMA, the federal disaster-response agency, moved its search-and-rescue teams - as well as stockpiles of ice, water, and food - as close as safety would permit."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS01/508280312

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../508290329/1011

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/490972...ss=okl&psp=news

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=79244

note to self...never challenge the Monkey.

Uhhh...maybe they don't have the water available?  Same with this looney airdrop idea...you can't deliver what you don't have available. 

And I know the next question would be "Why weren't they prepared with stocks of water?"  Because no one stocks much of anything anymore...and even if they did, it'd probably be in a warehouse in Oregon and take just as long to get to NO as it would to order it from a regional bottler.

425653[/snapback]

There are distribution centers all over the country that supply grocery stores, Wal-marts etc. I know because I used to work for one. I remember sending truckloads of water and ice to the Gulf coast from our Alabama warehouse immediately after several hurricanes. The breakdown of I-10 to the east of NO restricts them to deliveries from the west. But there are Major wholesale grocery distribution facilities in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas that could have truckloads there in less than a day. They might have to curtail water shipments to their own stores to divert to NO but I'm sure that Wal-Mart stores in TX could just explain to their customers that bottled water is unavailable as it is being diverted to the damaged areas.

Still why are they even rescueing people the last couple of days only to put them  one spot where they can die en mass?

I rather die on my roof.

:blink:  <_<

425687[/snapback]

C'mon...do you think those people exausted and risking their own lives in rescue efforts have some sort of ulterior plan? Fact is, it's beyond the power of any governenment entity to solve the stupidity and just plain bull-headedness of a sector of the population.

There is nothing on Earth that is perfect..

Still why are they even rescuing people the last couple of days only to put them  in one spot where they can die en mass?

I rather die on my roof.

:blink:  <_<

425687[/snapback]

:lol::P<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<

There, have I covered your next 8 posts? God you're becoming nauseating.

Grats to FEMA for being prepped. BTW, the Red Cross is NOT a government agency.

Ok, so it appears that FEMA was actually preparing before the disaster, kudos to them.  Other than that, all I see is a few phone calls from the President to the respective Governors, not a whole lot of action, just a lot of talk.  Pretty weak given the magnitude of the situation.

Grats to you for digging this up.

425702[/snapback]

Given the magnitude of the situation in hindsight. And did you notice that some of the articles I included written the day of the storm said New Orleans dodged the worst of it? But they were supposed to know it was going to be this bad, even though in hindsight they didn't think it was anyway? :blink:

Grats to FEMA for being prepped.  BTW, the Red Cross is NOT a government agency.

425711[/snapback]

"FEMA, meanwhile, had moved generators, ice, water, and food into the region for deployment after the storm. FEMA also brought in urban search and rescue teams from Tennessee, Missouri, and Texas, and set them up in Shreveport, La. Similar teams from Indiana and Ohio were staged in Meridian, Miss.

FEMA also deployed 18 disaster medical assistance teams to staging areas in Texas, Alabama, and Tennessee."

I think that about says it all...

which is why I urge getting the facts before forming an opinion. :blink:

Grats to FEMA for being prepped.  BTW, the Red Cross is NOT a government agency.

425711[/snapback]

No sh--, buckwheat. I linked to stories that demonstrated preparations by government agencies at state and federal levels throughout the region. Just because they list the Red Cross or christian charities doesn't mean I thought those were government. :blink:

"FEMA, meanwhile, had moved generators, ice, water, and food into the region for deployment after the storm. FEMA also brought in urban search and rescue teams from Tennessee, Missouri, and Texas, and set them up in Shreveport, La. Similar teams from Indiana and Ohio were staged in Meridian, Miss.

FEMA also deployed 18 disaster medical assistance teams to staging areas in Texas, Alabama, and Tennessee."

I think that about says it all...

which is why I urge getting the facts before forming an opinion. :blink:

425722[/snapback]

Which, by the way, I believe is more medical assistance teams than were sent after the fact to the areas hit by all four major hurricanes last year. The preparation for this, in many ways, is greater than the response to last year's storms.