The NFL and New Orleans

30dive

The National Football League is considered one of the best run business' in the country with that said, has anyone heard if the league has a plan plan for the kind of incident that occured in New Orleans this week? I realize that no one really knows the extent of destruction to the greater New Orleans area, but I would think that the NFL has a backup plan for this type of situation. Any links, rummors, etc?

they figure its only the saints and will anyone really notice?????

The National Football League is considered one of the best run business' in the country with that said, has anyone heard if the league has a plan plan  for the kind of incident that occured in New Orleans this week?  I realize that no one really knows the extent of destruction to the greater New Orleans area, but I would think that the NFL has a backup plan for this type of situation.  Any links, rummors, etc?

422569[/snapback]

As far as where they will play if the Superdome can't be repaired in time,  I believe I iheard last night that they would played somewhere in Texas.

422584[/snapback]

I was just on one of thier fan sites, LSU is one of the possibilities as well as the Alamodome in texas.

Likely not a problem. What was it? 2003, when Soldier Field had a renovation, and the Bears played at a college stadium some 90 miles south?

And IIRC that year, a west coast team ended up playing their opponent at AZ - I forget why that was, tho.

422613[/snapback]

San Diego had a preseason game moved to AZ because of the wildfires last year -- I think.

San Diego had a preseason game moved to AZ because of the wildfires last year -- I think.

422620[/snapback]

Close. San Diego and Miami had a game in SD moved to AZ because of the fires. It was a regular season game; the folks at AZ basically gave tickets away, making it the only time that year the stadium was close to full :lol:

Likely not a problem. What was it? 2003, when Soldier Field had a renovation, and the Bears played at a college stadium some 90 miles south?

And IIRC that year, a west coast team ended up playing their opponent at AZ - I forget why that was, tho.

422613[/snapback]

Yeah, and Seattle played at the Wash. St. fields while their new stadium was being completed.

The only problem with LSU is that they have a natural grass playing field and I can't see them letting an additional football game, the NFL no less, playing on their field. University of Washington has a field-turf surface, much like that of the Bills so it didn't really do any harm.

Play it in OP. It's an official NFL field that will be available that weekend. Sell all the tix and donate 100% of the proceeds to Katrina Reliefs funds.

422671[/snapback]

"We are the world

We are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

So let's start giving

There's a choice we're making

We're saving our own lives

It's true we'll make a better day

Just you and me"

:lol:

"We are the world

We are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

So let's start giving

There's a choice we're making

We're saving our own lives

It's true we'll make a better day

Just you and me"

:lol:

422679[/snapback]

Yeah yeah....I was just trying to get us a ninth home game. :lol:

Yeah, and Seattle played at the Wash. St. fields while their new stadium was being completed.

422668[/snapback]

As a WSU alumn, and at the risk of sounding a bit uptight. The Seahawks played games at the University of Washington, not Washington State. To confuse matters even more, the seahawks training camp is at Eastern Washington University in Cheney, WA

shouldn't we be a bit more sensitive to the destruction caused by this storm instead of worrying about an insignificant football game?  that is the feeling I am getting

422729[/snapback]

That's the other thread.

As a side note, I don't think there is going to be anything happening in NO for weeks, that means neither regular business nor NFL games. :lol:

shouldn't we be a bit more sensitive to the destruction caused by this storm instead of worrying about an insignificant football game?  that is the feeling I am getting

422729[/snapback]

Maybe Spongebob could do a benefit concert........ :lol: