So now we have 70 players

Thailog80

My best guess at the next 5:

Rod Trafford

Jasen Esposito

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

Cieslek is showing some ability to get open, keep him around another week and ditch Trafford. Esposito hasnt shown a thing. If Woodbury couldnt take the 3rd QB job from Matthews, Thompson sure as heck wont. Oglesby hasnt done much...and it was a toss-up between who goes between Richardson and Fontenot, but I thought Fonny was having a stronger camp.

Rod Trafford

Jasen Esposito

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

Cieslek is showing some ability to get open, keep him around another week and ditch Trafford.  Esposito hasnt shown a thing.  If Woodbury couldnt take the 3rd QB job from Matthews, Thompson sure as heck wont.  Oglesby hasnt done much...and it was a toss-up between who goes between Richardson and Fontenot, but I thought Fonny was having a stronger camp.

421096[/snapback]

I think you've nailed it right on the mark. I don't think Cieslak gets cut.

Rod Trafford

Jasen Esposito

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

Cieslek is showing some ability to get open, keep him around another week and ditch Trafford.  Esposito hasnt shown a thing.  If Woodbury couldnt take the 3rd QB job from Matthews, Thompson sure as heck wont.  Oglesby hasnt done much...and it was a toss-up between who goes between Richardson and Fontenot, but I thought Fonny was having a stronger camp.

421096[/snapback]

can't thompson stay on because he is exempt from europe?

Rod Trafford

Jasen Esposito

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

421096[/snapback]

I think Esposito will stick through the first round of cuts, unless they're trying to sneak him onto the practice squad. He has been playing center with the second team, and looks like the team's second best center (Preston has been playing RG next to him, and has been at center late in each game after Esposito).

My guess is:

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

plus two of thes guys:

38- Thierrian Fontenot

54- Wendell Hunter

LB 50-Ezekiel, Liam

FB 44-Goldsberry, Jon

OT 61-Jerman, Greg

Rod Trafford

Jasen Esposito

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

421096[/snapback]

I think Esposito's had a pretty good camp, especially since they moved him to C when Preston's been lining up at guard.

I'd keep Trafford over Ceislak, myself. Trafford's a good movement/h-back kind of guy who might be better for a more mobile QB like JP than the more stationary Cieslak. Jason Peters can play the blocking TE roll, which it appeared the Bills were working on in the Bears game.

can't thompson stay on because he is exempt from europe?

421113[/snapback]

He has that exempt status if we choose to keep him on, but to me there really is no point. Its not like he is going to win the 3rd QB job no matter what he does against the Lions, so why keep him around? I'd just cut him now, maybe give him a shot with some other squad.

Rod Trafford

Jasen Esposito

Kevin Thompson

Lawrence Richardson

Evan Oglesby

421096[/snapback]

I concur. The final 12 will be interesting.

No, thats Joe Burns...i cant really figure out why hes on the roster year after year...backup FB is all i could come up with...

421373[/snapback]

It's because he excels on both kick/punt coverage and blocking on return teams.

No, thats Joe Burns...i cant really figure out why hes on the roster year after year...backup FB is all i could come up with...

421373[/snapback]

No. He's actually the long lost love child of Montgomery Burns...Monty has some serious clout. :P