This is absurd.

You know me, I'm a pessimist.

BUT COME ON PEOPLE. This was ONE preseason game. One. And even thought he Bills lost, their D looked spectacular by all accounts. In the NFL all you need is a good D and you'll be in more games than not. And this D is better than good. It's AWESOME. So come on, lace 'em up. This team does no worse than 9-7 this year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes down to this, JSP. Most people are pussies. They have no respect for the fight. At the first sign of anything that doesn't make them happy they immediately start jumping off buildings yelling that life sucks, the team sucks, the world sucks and they'd rather die now than stand up to the fight.

"Ooooh, I don't want to be hurt because I've been hurt before, so I'll just decide my fate now rather than put up a fight."

People are pussies, and preseason is nothing but their personal scratch-n-sniff patch. All they need is something to just brush up against them and you can smell the pussification for miles.

I liked what I saw.

The first string guys won the battle! 

Frankly, I could care less what the final score was.

420292[/snapback]

I just had that discussion with my wife:

"Why do you want to watch the game [rebroadcast at 1pm] if you know they lost?"

"Because it's just preseason, the loss doesn't matter."

"But they still lost."

"Because it doesn't matter; it's a preseason game, and the outcome's far less important than evaluating individual performance."

"You know what their performance was like already: they sucked. They lost."

:(

I just had that discussion with my wife:

"Why do you want to watch the game [rebroadcast at 1pm] if you know they lost?"

"Because it's just preseason, the loss doesn't matter."

"But they still lost."

"Because it doesn't matter; it's a preseason game, and the outcome's far less important than evaluating individual performance."

"You know what their performance was like already: they sucked.  They lost."

:(

420296[/snapback]

Why does your wife try to have a discussion with you about rational decision-making?

Why does your wife try to have a discussion with you about rational decision-making?

420298[/snapback]

Because between the two of us, we might accidentally stumble over a rational decision occasionally.

But consider: I want to watch football this afternoon. She wants me to go with her shopping for shoes. :( How irrational does my decision seem now? :lol:

Uh, wow.

When JSP is the voice of reason :( this board has REALLY gone off the deep end. (Some of you can make deserters look like General Patton).

Buck up people! Jeeze Louise what a bunch of wusses. I thought Buffalo had the best, most knowledgable fans.

Like listening to a bunch of 10 year olds cry because their team had a bad batting practice.

Bills would have beaten this team in the regular season and that ALL THE COUNTS. WINNING: its all that matters. I don't care if the Bills win 2-0 and 6-3 as long as they win.

Think Ravens 2000 and you'll stop wetting your pants every down.

Awesome Defense, better special teams than the Ravens, just as good a RB and QB and WRs.

Grind it out formula. It can work. Have patience and take the gun out of your mouth. Then again, pull the trigger and put us out of our misery.

It comes down to this, JSP. Most people are pussies. They have no respect for the fight. At the first sign of anything that doesn't make them happy they immediately start jumping off buildings yelling that life sucks, the team sucks, the world sucks and they'd rather die now than stand up to the fight.

"Ooooh, I don't want to be hurt because I've been hurt before, so I'll just decide my fate now rather than put up a fight."

People are pussies, and preseason is nothing but their personal scratch-n-sniff patch. All they need is something to just brush up against them and you can smell the pussification for miles.

420288[/snapback]

See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and a$$holes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to f*ck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a$$holes, Chuck. And all the a$$holes want us to sh*t all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get !@#$ed by dicks. But dicks also !@#$ a$$holes, Chuck. And if they didn't !@#$ the a$$holes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your kitty all covered in sh*t!

thanks Team America - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372588/quotes

See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and a$$holes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to f*ck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a$$holes, Chuck. And all the a$$holes want us to sh*t all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get !@#$ed by dicks. But dicks also !@#$ a$$holes, Chuck. And if they didn't !@#$ the a$$holes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your kitty all covered in sh*t!

thanks Team America - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372588/quotes

420309[/snapback]

Thanks for sharing those insights....C ya

420288[/snapback]

You must have been one of the people who inserted this when we were 0-1, while losing to a non-playoff team at home last year.

Or, when we went 0-2, losing to a pathetic team on the road last year.

Or, when we dropped to 0-3 after taking an ass-beating at home by the first good team we played.

Or, 0-4 when we choked away a late game lead for the 2nd time in 4 weeks on the road.

Oh, by the way, we finished 9-7, and missed the playoffs by one game. But don't worry. I'll start the "fight" now, while hoping we can defeat the real "pussies" (Texans) instead of waiting until we are in week 5 this season.

You must have been one of the people who inserted this when we were 0-1, while losing to a non-playoff team at home last year.

Or, when we dropped to 0-3 after taking an ass-beating at home by the first good team we played.

Or, 0-4 when we choked away a late game lead for the 2nd time in 4 weeks on the road.

Oh, by the way, we finished 9-7, and missed the playoffs by one game.  But don't worry.  I'll start the "fight" now, while hoping we can defeat the real "pussies" (Texans) instead of waiting until we are  in week 5 this season.

420328[/snapback]

Don't you know we're DOOMED. I love that. The same people who don't think the preseason has any meaning have been yucking it up to that nonsense the past 3 years, only to find out that the team actually did suck. Then they whine and b*tch and sob and wonder why the Bills didn't identify and address the problem earlier.

I am excited about this team, and IMO, the bar has been raised from fringe playoff possibility to chamionship contender by JP Losmans command of the offense. But they have areas they need to improve greatly if they are to challenge New England.

Because between the two of us, we might accidentally stumble over a rational decision occasionally.

But consider: I want to watch football this afternoon.  She wants me to go with her shopping for shoes.  :(  How irrational does my decision seem now?  :lol:

420303[/snapback]

You sir, are a genius! :lol:

Middle ground here folks....

First, JP is like Billy Madison, he got through a couple of elementary school defenses (Packers and Colts) in pretty good shape. Led us to 5 scores in 6 drives, but he is still learning. The Bears with a healthy Urlacher and that wonderful DL are High School level--they have speed, size, edge rushers, Nathan Vasher who is one of the rising stars at CB in the league and a playmaker in Charles Tillman--we won't see too many defenses like that this year. Not surprised he struggled last night. He wasn't sharp in his decision making but the pocket time was shorter and the receivers a little better covered. A great learning experience in the preseason.

Two things to note--still no turnovers by the QB (INTs or fumbles) and I counted at least 4 plays last night where Drew would have been sacked and JP made a positive play out of it (2 of them were one yard gains--but what the hell). On the downside, the 20 yard sack was a really, really bad play--like the safety the week before that was wiped by the penalty--he's done the same thing twice--hopefully he will learn.

We did get beat alot on the line last night--even when they had 8 in the box and we had 8 blocking on third and shorts. We should not get beat with our line and with Shelton. We need to find some answers for this because we have to be able to run even against good front 7's in order to allow JP the time he needs to learn. This is not just preseason--its worrisome--we got our ass kicked on the majority of 3rd and shorts (not that we had that many).

The D and special teams are simply spectacular -- they are already at championship level....

So yep its the preseason and I think that applies to JP's development but the run game needs attention and the preseason excuse doesn't really hold a lot of water with me--we just need to get better--whether its personnel changes or guys like Bennie Anderson showing up.

Oh, by the way, we finished 9-7, and missed the playoffs by one game.  But don't worry.  I'll start the "fight" now, while hoping we can defeat the real "pussies" (Texans) instead of waiting until we are  in week 5 this season.

420328[/snapback]

Gee, how'd you know I was referring to you?

So after going 0-4 last year, I still had optimism. And we were a rat's asshair away from the playoffs IN SPITE of going 0-4, and we had a great run of wins and that was a whole !@#$load better than a whole bunch of losses...and yet you, I am certain, are the person who picks up the paper, sees there is a chance of flooding, and starts screaming through the forest like your hair is on fire and you ass is catching without realizing you're running past trees that can be turned into a boat.

At least it's easier to find out who's the first to jump ship.

But consider: I want to watch football this afternoon.  She wants me to go with her shopping for shoes.   :(  How irrational does my decision seem now?   :lol:

420303[/snapback]

If you figure out how to add value in the process of women's shoe shopping--would you please let me know. It always seems very much a no win when I participate at any level --i.e. with a 6 year old, or an 11 year old or a 42 year old....

If you figure out how to add value in the process of women's shoe shopping--would you please let me know.  It always seems very much a no win when I participate at any level --i.e. with a 6 year old, or an 11 year old  or a 42 year old....

The only "added value" for me is when we go to a bargain basement shoe place and get decent shoes at clearance prices. Usually the wife does the shoe shopping when we go somewhere we all want to go, and usually doesn't involve me in the decision (and she knows my preference is for her to wear strappy high heels :( ).