Breaking News: Major World Exclusive

The game between the Buffalo Bills and the Chicago Bears tonight is a....................

Drumroll..................

PRESEASON game!!!

Take a deep breath. ...all is NOT lost....step away from the bottle of Jack!!

:D

419987[/snapback]

Thank you for that post. Wisdom shall prevail!!!

While it is disconcerting that the offense stunk tonight, there is no reason to declare the season over.

Personally I'd rather there would be problems like this in the preseason than during the regular season. That way the team and coaches can evaluate what problems there may be, and do their best to correct them.

Personally I think the Bills are going to be very good this year, and I think they will make the playoffs. Read that last sentence carefully, I said playoffs, not win the division. I do not believe that the Bills will be perfect this year. They will lose games, they might even get embarrassed in a couple of games. Let's face it, even the Bills Super Bowl Teams had their off days in the regular season.

There is no need to panic from my point of view. Our defense was outstanding tonight yet again. Be patient all of you. The Bills will be ready on September 11.

During the Kelly-era I don't think the Bills ever won a preseason game on purpose.  They don't mean a thing.

420020[/snapback]

Nothing against the Kelly-era, but IMO, it's probably OK to set the sights on actually winning a Super Bowl instead of using that bunch of incredibly talented underachievers as a frame of reference. A soft preseason was IMO a contributing factor to a team that played soft when it met an opponent that approached their skill level.

Nothing against the Kelly-era, but IMO, it's probably OK to set the sights on actually winning a Super Bowl instead of using that bunch of incredibly talented underachievers as a frame of reference.  A soft preseason was IMO a contributing factor to a team that played soft when it met an opponent that approached their skill level.

420355[/snapback]

Thats ridiculous to think thats the Bills only met opponents who approached their skill level when they reached the Super Bowl. Would a "soft" team comeback against the Oilers or had the ability to beat the Broncos in a 10-6 defensive struggle and a game won on an interception when the team was geared to score points? Jesus would a "soft" team even made the Super Bowl three years in a row? And to say the preseason had anything to do with them losing Super Bowls is one of the most outrageous i have ever heard. Giants - the Tuna outcoached Levy. Redskins - one of the best teams I have ever watched in my young life. Cowboys I - the 'girls were just a superior football team. Cowboys II - damn if only Thurman had had a few more carries in the preseason maybe he wouldn't have fumbled! Underachievers? My god I forgot how many other teams have been to four straight super bowls...it would have been nice to win one but that team was still amazing. Sorry your post sucked.

For some it's the draft, for others maybe it's mini-camp, some folks don't get that fire in their belly going until the start of training camp in July. However, I don't truly begin to feel like it's football season until we get the always stimulating "it's only pre-season" vs. "we're doomed" debate. Thanks everyone, now I'm really ready for some football!

What has me concerned is how the offense seemed to gradually get better between game 1 and game 2. Last night in game 3, when the starters play the most, our offense sucked dirt chute. JP looked okay, but his 50% completion rating won't win many games.

Only pre-season, but aren't teams supposed to improve rather than take steps backwards? Chicago has a tough D, but come on, it's still Chicago. From what I recall, Houston's D has been pretty tough.

:(

I'm sure that's it... Mularky told the offensive line to collapse like a deck of cards every time McGahee had the ball so that Houston didn't get any crazy ideas.

420030[/snapback]

Just go ahead and drink the grape kool-aid! PLEASE

Jeff