Sabres to Bills: Your percentage interest

The_Real

55/45 Bills is mine.

Everyone says that this is Bills country and rightfully so. My curiousity is how close is the comparison to you. I love the Bills and Sabres just about equally with a slight edge to the Bills. Yet, once football season is over I get really excited to concentrate on hockey.

Does one really dominate the other to you? If so, why.

For me, as much as i love hockey, the Bills dominate until after football season...i follow the sabres in the early goings like any fan, but most of my energy is devoted into the Bills...

416413[/snapback]

As I've gotten a little older I have found myself really enjoying hockey games. It's not to say Football doesn't rule my life from September to January, I just really like the game of hockey.

Plus, guys can beat the sh-- out of each other when ever their team needs a boost. I love that about hockey. Could you imagine the Bills down by 7 late in the third quarter and we put Takeo on the field to pound someone?

That would be really fuggin cool.

T_R

75/25 Bills.

Always lived and died with the Bills. Sabres were great when we had LaLine with Patty and Mogilny, and some great playoff series with the Bruins. But besides the Cup run and the series against the Leafs, Sabres just haven't done it for me. I love the team and going to games, and I like the arena, but they're missing something...

Plus, you know when the Bills win, football is the national sport (sorry baseball) and the country will hear all about the Bills and Buffalo. Hockey in recent times feels almost like gymnastics on a relevance scale.

75/25 Bills. 

Always lived and died with the Bills.  Sabres were great when we had LaLine with Patty and Mogilny, and some great playoff series with the Bruins.  But besides the Cup run and the series against the Leafs, Sabres just haven't done it for me.  I love the team and going to games, and I like the arena, but they're missing something...

Plus, you know when the Bills win, football is the national sport (sorry baseball) and the country will hear all about the Bills and Buffalo.  Hockey in recent times feels almost like gymnastics on a relevance scale.

416427[/snapback]

I think Baseball has had a major resurgence in the last couple of years. Statistically almost every major league ball park is up in attendance. I'd have to say Baseball might have pulled right up next to football. When you think great rivalry in pro sports what do you think of?

New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox would likely be the number one answer and that alone has generated a TON of interest nationwide.

55/45 Bills is mine.

Everyone says that this is Bills country and rightfully so.  My curiousity is how close is the comparison to you.  I love the Bills and Sabres just about equally with a slight edge to the Bills.  Yet, once football season is over I get really excited to concentrate on hockey. 

Does one really dominate the other to you?  If so, why.

416405[/snapback]

I think ya go month by month

Sept - 100% Bills

Oct - 100% Bills

Nov - 90% Bills n10% Sabres

Dec - depends on Bills record but more like 70 Bills 30% Sabres

Jan - depends if Bills in playoffs if so 100% Bills else 100% Sabres

Feb - Apr 100& Sabres

I think Baseball has had a major resurgence in the last couple of years.  Statistically almost every major league ball park is up in attendance.  I'd have to say Baseball might have pulled right up next to football.  When you think great rivalry in pro sports what do you think of?

New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox  would likely be the number one answer and that alone has generated a TON of interest nationwide.

416437[/snapback]

Yep, and I attribute the resurgance in baseball to 1. 1998 HR race 2. BoSox/Yanks rivalry 3. The wild card being added. Without the wild card there would be less interest this time of year in many cities.

The one thing I'd like to see changed is making the first round a best of seven not five, you play 162 games to get to that point why make a short series in a game that is defined by consistency?

My interest in the Sabres is 0. I've never been a hockey fan, but I know a few folks who live and die by it. Same with golf. Whatever floats your boat is fine by me. I primarly follow the sports I played growing up, those being baseball and football.

50.01% Bills and 49.99% Sabres. :devil:

55/45 Bills is mine.

Everyone says that this is Bills country and rightfully so.  My curiousity is how close is the comparison to you.  I love the Bills and Sabres just about equally with a slight edge to the Bills.  Yet, once football season is over I get really excited to concentrate on hockey. 

Does one really dominate the other to you?  If so, why.

416405[/snapback]

Oh, for me, it is definitely the Bills, but I still love the Sabres...part of my problem with the Sabres is, living in a non-hockey town, it is nearly impossible to follow the NHL, even though the Dallas Stars play just down the road.

I have been getting the Center Ice package the last few years, and enjoying it. Truthfully though, since I am an hour earlier than Buffalo, a lot of the games during the week start so early, I miss the first half, or miss them entirley. I definitely make more of an effort not to miss them once football season is over...

I will say, I went home to Buffalo (the city of Buffalo) about 5 weeks ago, and I was a little taken aback by how little excitement I was picking up about the Bills, and how much hockey talk I was hearing. Granted, it was the week the NHL lock out ended, but I heard very little about the Bills. Just bad timing I guess...

I think Baseball has had a major resurgence in the last couple of years.  Statistically almost every major league ball park is up in attendance.  I'd have to say Baseball might have pulled right up next to football.  When you think great rivalry in pro sports what do you think of?

New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox  would likely be the number one answer and that alone has generated a TON of interest nationwide.

416437[/snapback]

Both major and minor league baseball set attendance records in 2004. Baseball is extremely popular again.

No sport is every going to dominate American life the way baseball used to back in the 40's and 50's but that has more to do with the internet, movies, cable TV, and about a million other things people could be doing for entertainment.

EDIT: oh, right now I'd say 75-25 Bills but it used to be about 50-50 just a few years ago....

I would say 55/45 in favor of the Bills. But then i try and question my time between the Sabres Message board and here, and its like 99/1... I think football is just a lot more interesting on a daily basis year round except for the week leading up to the trade deadline in hockey.

I would be a lot more interested in the Sabres if I felt they had a playoff caliber team. Unfortunatly, Darcy and Co. have lost their two best players, and replaced them with a rookie, and an aging defenseman with a heart condition.

Bills 90/Sabres 10