Roscoe's return

Given the utter lack of information we've received from One Bills Drive about Roscoe's injury/condition, I've had to piece together certain things. Some of the sources are taken on faith but with the knowledge that they more or less support each other. I have used the report from that KFFL/Louisianna report and a couple "my friend is a..." sources and basically have determined that Roscoe did indeed break his wrist, had pins inserted, and will probably end-up missing the first 3 games (as per Roscoe, per the source). If this is true, I can live with him missing 3 games. It still sucks overall though.

Believe it or don't. Just wanted to help out.

Dear MadBuffaloDisease,

In response to your question: sometime between now and the end of the season. Or not. A definite maybe. But we're not telling.

Sincerely,

Bills Management

--------------------------------

:devil:

To stop being silly for a second...

The injury happened August 10th; if he's ready to go in week 4 - the New Orleans game on October 2 - that would put it in the middle of a 6-8 week timeframe. Seems like that's roughly the same amount of time Lawyer Milloy missed last season (although his was a broken forearm, not a wrist...)

JP hasn't gone deep in the preseason yet...I say this continues until the first play of the opener when JP throws a 70-yard TD bomb to Parrish as he blows by the Houston secondary. That would be premium. :devil:

Realistically, I say he gets the cast off before the opener to let Houston game plan for him a bit, but he doesn't return until week 3 at home.

JP hasn't gone deep in the preseason yet...I say this continues until the first play of the opener when JP throws a 70-yard TD bomb to Parrish as he blows by the Houston secondary.  That would be premium.  :devil: 

Realistically, I say he gets the cast off before the opener to let Houston game plan for him a bit, but he doesn't return until week 3 at home.

416449[/snapback]

oh, ye of little faith...do you think McGee is only going to return the opening kick out to the 30 against houston?

Dear MadBuffaloDisease,

In response to your question: sometime between now and the end of the season. Or not. A definite maybe. But we're not telling.

Sincerely,

Bills Management

--------------------------------

:blush:

It should have been signed "Baghdad Mike." :devil:

To stop being silly for a second...

The injury happened August 10th; if he's ready to go in week 4 - the New Orleans game on October 2 - that would put it in the middle of a 6-8 week timeframe. Seems like that's roughly the same amount of time Lawyer Milloy missed last season (although his was a broken forearm, not a wrist...)

Yeah, that was part of my guesstimate. I just haven't seen a concrete number and thought I'd throw one out.

Wrist is a fragile part of the body, and it's very easy to break again once you have already broken it.  I say he comes back week 10 after the bye week, but I hope my gut feeling is wrong.

416532[/snapback]

Do you mean that he would break it again before coming back? Or just that he'd be held out that long to avoid a re-break?

Pins are often used to stabilize fractures as well as clean breaks. Given the time frame we are discussing chances are it was a fracture. Pins allow for the fracture to heal faster than a cast alone.

In the end I think this will be no big deal.

Gupta R, Raheja A, Modi U. "Colles' fracture: management by percutaneous crossed-pin fixation versus plaster of Paris cast immobilization." Orthopedics. 1999 Jul;22(7):680-2.

Colles' fracture is the most common fracture seen in orthopedic practice. This prospective, randomized study of 50 patients evaluates the efficacy of maintaining reduction and consequent functional end results of two treatment methods, ie, percutaneous crossed-pin fixation followed by plaster of Paris cast immobilization with the wrist in functional position versus conventional plaster of Paris cast immobilization. The anatomical and functional end results were significantly better with percutaneous crossed-pin fixation.