USA Today article on Bills D

Rico

USA Today

So I'm reading this on the plane yesterday, great big article and all, but look who this reporter is getting quotes from:

"We really think we have the makings to be one of those defenses that can be talked about for a long time," safety Coy Wire says. "There is no reason we can't be a dominating defense, one of those defenses people fear. But we have a lot of work to do to get to that point."

As for lack of recognition, that fuels the Bills' fire.

"Not only in people's eyes but in our eyes, we haven't accomplished anything yet," Wire says. "The respect still isn't there. So we'll continue to work to be the best because we feel that's what we are."

WTF??? :devil: Who's this "we" he's talking about? :lol::lol::)

USA Today

So I'm reading this on the plane yesterday, great big article and all, but look who this reporter is getting quotes from:

WTF??? :devil: Who's this "we" he's talking about?  :lol:  :lol:  :)

415921[/snapback]

The kicker was the very FIRST quote in the article was from CW. Did somebody not tell the reporter that not only is he not a starter, but he may not even make the team.

USA Today

WTF??? :devil: Who's this "we" he's talking about?  :blush:  :lol:  :lol:

415921[/snapback]

Well he is a smart guy isn't he? He went to Stanford, which is a hard school to get into. He got to the NFL becuase of his toughness and intelligence.

Well he is a smart guy isn't he?  He went to Stanford, which is a hard school to get into.  He got to the NFL becuase of his toughness and intelligence.

416216[/snapback]

I'm guessing you are being serious so I'll respond as if you are. At some point, his football playing skills need to kick in.

If he makes the team it'll be for special teams only. I wouldn't mind CW being quoted in an article about how great the Bills' ST units are. But to quote him in an article about the defense is ridiculous.

And the other thing is that the writer calls Vincent a cornerback, leading the casual reader to actually believe that Wire is the other starting safety in the secondary along with Milloy. If Pedulla had done even five minutes of research he'd know that Vincent and Milloy are the starting safeties.

The kicker was the very FIRST quote in the article was from CW.  Did somebody not tell the reporter that not only is he not a starter, but he may not even make the team.

415989[/snapback]

the reporter talked to CW because everyone else on the defense was actually practicing. CW was on the sidelines working on his air tackles. :devil: