Brady's First Pass Last Night

I put the Saints / Pats game on last night.  I watched Brady's first pass.  Picked off.  Shut the TV.  Smiled.  Went to bed.  I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect night. :devil:

412013[/snapback]

That lob pass to the sideline looked strangely similar to another homo AFC East QB...

Heard this morning he got drilled on one pass.  Anyone see it?  Did it bring tears to your eyes?

412022[/snapback]

I watched the first half. He took a few good shots. :devil:

That first pick was a thing of beauty.

On another note, the Pats D looks very vulnerable to the run. They played their starters for the whole first half and gave up 125 rushing yards, much of it straight up the middle. The patsy trolls will probably mention that Ty Warren wasn't in, but that's a single defensive lineman. The Genius has some work to do. As was discussed by the Fox "analysts", their first few games are against teams with solid running games.

It's only pre-season, but they don't look that spectacular to this armchair drunk.

There was a Flutie sighting. High comedy. He's wearing number 2. :blush:

Does anyone recall how the Pats did last season in the preseason? Does BellyChick have a tendency to take it easy in the preseason? I do find it very interesting that he played most of his starting D the entire first half. He must feel they need some field time.

Oh, and Flutie had a very nice TD pass. Very nice touch, IMHO.

This bringing me right back to last year's 31-3 loss to the Bengals, which resulted in:

- crowing by Stadium Wallers

- a 1-3 Pats preseason

- a 17-2 Super Bowl year

I like where this is going :devil:

412053[/snapback]

Yeah, preseason is so meaningful, as HD has nicely pointed out.

This bringing me right back to last year's 31-3 loss to the Bengals, which resulted in:

- crowing by Stadium Wallers

- a 1-3 Pats preseason

- a 17-2 Super Bowl year

I like where this is going :devil:

412053[/snapback]

No concern at all, huh? 125 rushing yards right down your throat, and the Saints converted 5 of 8 third downs against your varsity squad. Granted, they were without Vrabel, Warren and Phifer, but that's a pretty mediocre display even for the pre-season against a crappy Saints team. That ball doesn't bounce off a shoe and into Harrison's hands, and it would have been an ugly first half for the Patsies.

You keep telling yourself there's no problem, though.

No concern at all, huh?  125 rushing yards right down your throat, and the Saints converted 5 of 8 third downs against your varsity squad.  Granted, they were without Vrabel, Warren and Phifer, but that's a pretty mediocre display even for the pre-season against a crappy Saints team.  That ball doesn't bounce off a shoe and into Harrison's hands, and it would have been an ugly first half for the Patsies.

412066[/snapback]

I would love to agree with you, but the fact is the Patsie's are still the class of the AFC. I hate to say it and I wish it weren't true, but until we beat them (and I believe we will) there's not much we can say. This board puts way too much emphasis on the preseason.

I would love to agree with you, but the fact is the Patsie's are still the class of the AFC.  I hate to say it and I wish it weren't true, but until we beat them (and I believe we will) there's not much we can say.  This board puts way too much emphasis on the preseason.

412073[/snapback]

That goes without saying. They've won it three out of the last four years. But that doesn't negate the fact that THIS year they have zero depth at inside linebacker, and appear to be susceptible to the run.

It's nice to see Tom Brady take a good shot, throw an int.  Maybe that will help his shed his "Golden Boy" image.  He's such a bad@ss isn't he?  He looks so much tougher and meaner this year!

412075[/snapback]

Tom Brady and bad@ss.....seems like an oxymoron, lol..

It's nice to see Tom Brady take a good shot, throw an int.  Maybe that will help his shed his "Golden Boy" image.  He's such a bad@ss isn't he?  He looks so much tougher and meaner this year!

412075[/snapback]

Badass Brady peeled out on his motorcycle after the game to go cruising with Kellen Winslow. :devil:

Also, before we become too critical, let us not forget that our QB gets pumped up listening to Incubus. :blush:

That goes without saying.  They've won it three out of the last four years.  But that doesn't negate the fact that THIS year they have zero depth at inside linebacker, and appear to be susceptible to the run.

412082[/snapback]

I hope so dude, doesn't look like Brown and Beisel have the smarts to learn the defense. So that's a good sign. Nothing i would like better than to take them down on Sunday night primetime football.....

this got me to thinking. more like a day dream, but it made me happy.

brady drops back throws to a WR. picked off by the CB, and is running it back for a TD. a LB blitzed from the oposite side of the field. and after the INT, he continues to run farther and farther in the backfield. brady chases after the CB. trying to take a good angle, but is obviously to slow, and wont catch him, but hes still trying. the blitzing LB is now farther down field than the CB, (like hes going for the TD, but doenst have the ball. noone knows what hes doing..) he turns around. and runs right for brady. the 2 players are now running at eachother full speed. but brady is looking at the CB. the LB slams in to brady, sending him flying like a rag doll as the hit knocked him out. :devil:

the CB gets the TD. and they show the replay of the hit over and over. :blush:

the pats coach is pissed, like the greenbay coach was when Sap hit that guy a few seasons ago. brady is out for the game.

No concern at all, huh?  125 rushing yards right down your throat, and the Saints converted 5 of 8 third downs against your varsity squad.  Granted, they were without Vrabel, Warren and Phifer, but that's a pretty mediocre display even for the pre-season against a crappy Saints team.  That ball doesn't bounce off a shoe and into Harrison's hands, and it would have been an ugly first half for the Patsies.

Just like last year with the Bengals, Belichick is smart enough to not show anything from the gameplan to a team he's going to play later in the year.

"Vanilla" is the key word here.

If the Pats starters only beat the Saints starters by 11 in the regular season, then I'll be concerned.

You guys are making too much out of a preseason game to think that New England will not be good this year. As Hollywood mentioned, they got absolutely crushed last year by the Bengals and everyone thought they were done. This is why they play preseason games, to get the kinks out.

However, it was pretty cool seeing Brady get hammered and throw the pick right off the bat. :devil: