Ebay ? What would you do?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, except that if you leave a neg feedback you have to be prepared to receive a sour grapes negative on your feedback.

412265[/snapback]

That's what it all comes down to... if you don't care about getting a negative in return, go ahead and blast him. If getting a negative would bother you, just chalk it up to a lesson learned & walk away.

NM: "I'm a Postal Worker."

GC: "Postal Worker? Aren't they the guys that go crazy and shoot people?"

NM: "Sometimes."

GC: "Why is that?"

NM: (yelling) "Because of the mail, the more you get it out the more it comes in, and then its publishers clearing week...."

CK: (yelling) "NEWMAN!!!"

It sucks, but I would leave no feedback. If you give a negative, be prepared to get negative feedback from the seller. At least you got your money back without any hassle.

That's the thing that I hate about Ebay's feedback system. Even if a guy rips you off, he can leave you a negative with impunity. I had a customer who didn't pay nor respond to many emails and I finally left him a negative. All I ended up with was a negative back from the idiot. Ebay will do nothing to correct it.

Just be glad that you got your money back.

It sucks, but I would leave no feedback.  If you give a negative, be prepared to get negative feedback from the seller.  At least you got your money back without any hassle. 

That's the thing that I hate about Ebay's feedback system.  Even if a guy rips you off, he can leave you a negative with impunity.  I had a customer who didn't pay nor respond to many emails and I finally left him a negative.  All I ended up with was a negative back from the idiot.  Ebay will do nothing to correct it.

Just be glad that you got your money back.

412419[/snapback]

There is a way around that. There's a time limit, at which time neither party can any longer leave feedback. I don't remember exactly, but it's something like 60 days. If you time it right, you can leave the crappy feedback at the last minute for the bastard who screws you out of stuff and won't reply to emails, and they have no recourse or opportunity to leave you feedback.

I have a friend who claims to have done this.

There is a way around that. There's a time limit, at which time neither party can any longer leave feedback. I don't remember exactly, but it's something like 60 days. If you time it right, you can leave the crappy feedback at the last minute for the bastard who screws you out of stuff and won't reply to emails, and they have no recourse or opportunity to leave you feedback.

I have a friend who claims to have done this.

412485[/snapback]

It might work; otherwise I would leave neutral feedback because he did refund most of your money.

Mikee

To me it seems odd that he refunded your money before game time. If he in fact has mailed them out it seems he would wait to make sure they didn't arrive before providing a refund.

I would wait and see if the tickets ever show up in the mail... even if they arrive after the game. If they show up, he is out the money and the tickets and was really being pretty honest with you. I wouldn't post positive comments, but there are things a heck of a lot more deserving of negative comments on ebay. I'd let it end with no feedback.

Maybe I'm misreading it, but it sounds like it simply got lost in the mail and there's no guarantee that Priority Mail would've gotten there either.  I know that there's been a few people I've sent DVDs to who say they've never received them!

I would either leave positive feedback or no feedback.  The guy kept in communication with you, sent you the tickets, you just never got them -- lost in the mail, most likely.

Shipping charges on eBay are NOT simply how much it costs to slap a stamp on it, regardless of whether you feel it should be or not.  In fact, most places online charge more than plain shipping prices as well.  Wasn't there a thread about Ticketmaster charging $2/ticket to EMAIL it?

CW

412047[/snapback]

Ticketmaster charged $1.75 to e-mail 6 tickets to a Monday Night practice.

Yes, it is shipping and handling but certified mail is half what Cindy paid, so that is no excuse.

If I was thinking about buying tickets from someone, they were asking $5 for S&H, and they used standard mail, I would want to know that about the seller. Especially on something that is time sensitive, like tickets to an event.

That is what feedback is for.

You mailed me DVDs(thanks again) and they got here with no problem. If they got lost, I would not have been angry, but I kind of "know" you. :)

I don't understand why all the votes here for negative feedback. The p.o. has lost stuff on me. They are very mediocre. If he didn't give the money back, then yeah, leave negative feedback. But, he gave the money back, so what did he do wrong?

I don't understand why all the votes here for negative feedback.  The p.o. has lost stuff on me.  They are very mediocre.  If he didn't give the money back, then yeah, leave negative feedback.  But, he gave the money back, so what did he do wrong?

412818[/snapback]

I'd say if you plan on charging $5 for shipping and handling there is an implied contract that you will be doing more than Putting a 37 cent stamp on a 3 cent envelope, but most of the shipping and handling fees are a way for people to guarantee a certain $$$ for the item in case it goes cheap.

About negatve feedback yeah it is a pain. I have an issue right now with a person waited just past 70 days to leave him negative feedback when he welched ohn shipping an item, since every week for 5 weeks he kept telling me it was on the way then stopped communication. Used square trade and he didn't answer them either. Since he is a power seller on ebay even with a a ecent history of negative feedback they are doing nothing so time for the fraud complaint. Gott ado what you gotta do.

He went wrong with the failure to deliver the goods. Not in Saturdays mail either.  At least it didn't cost me anything.

412947[/snapback]

No, the USPS failed the deliver the goods. He did what was under his control. He has no control over them. And, when you said you didn't get them, he gave you your money back. Also, under his control. So, he's out what he paid for the tickets because of the USPS, and you want to leave him a negative feedback. I've got 100% feedback on ebay, and if somebody left me my first negative because the USPS failed to deliver, and after I refunded the money, and after I've been very friendly about it, I would be pretty unhappy about it, and think that person is a real a-hole. Since I know you are not, 89, I would strongly suggest that you not do that.

No, the USPS failed the deliver the goods.  He did what was under his control.  He has no control over them.  And, when you said you didn't get them, he gave you your money back.  Also, under his control.  So, he's out what he paid for the tickets because of the USPS, and you want to leave him a negative feedback.  I've got 100% feedback on ebay, and if somebody left me my first negative because the USPS failed to deliver, and after I refunded the money, and after I've been very friendly about it, I would be pretty unhappy about it, and think that person is a real a-hole.  Since I know you are not, 89, I would strongly suggest that you not do that.

413037[/snapback]

If you were stupid enought to ship time sensitive event tickets via the USPS, you deserve at least a negative feedback.

No, the USPS failed the deliver the goods.  He did what was under his control.  He has no control over them.  And, when you said you didn't get them, he gave you your money back.  Also, under his control.  So, he's out what he paid for the tickets because of the USPS, and you want to leave him a negative feedback.  I've got 100% feedback on ebay, and if somebody left me my first negative because the USPS failed to deliver, and after I refunded the money, and after I've been very friendly about it, I would be pretty unhappy about it, and think that person is a real a-hole.  Since I know you are not, 89, I would strongly suggest that you not do that.

413037[/snapback]

Agree 100%, or in football talk... 110%. I hate people that over charge for shipping, but thats the way it is sometimes.

I know it doesn't help now #89--but if he is a ticket broker, see if he will send you tickets (priority mail) for your friends to a future game without charging you shipping and at the same bid price. That would kind of make this right in my mind.

After you get the future game tickets--give him positive feedback and describe how he rectified the situation.

Sorry your friends won't get to see the game live.

Personally I think we need a silent thread for the lost tickets, plus someone needs to bitchslap anyone who personally thinks it is okay to charge someone $5 to ship something that otherwise costs 37 cents. And we further should bitchslap anyone who thinks it's okay simply because other people do it.

Personally I think we need a silent thread for the lost tickets, plus someone needs to bitchslap anyone who personally thinks it is okay to charge someone $5 to ship something that otherwise costs 37 cents. And we further should bitchslap anyone who thinks it's okay simply because other people do it.

413095[/snapback]

Pretty simple concept - free market - don't like the overall cost of a product, don't bid. No one's holding a gun to your head to place a bid on an item which clearly states the overall shipping charge. If enough don't purchase your auctions, they'll get the message. If you do bid, then don't B word afterwards.

This of course has nothing to do with #89 - I'm sorry the tickets didn't work out for you.