Buffalo Blues on NFL Network

Thailog80

They just did a great story on Bob Kalsu. Its on until 7pm.

411597[/snapback]

They just did a story on Bledsoe coming to Buffalo right before that. Shame it never worked out, it realy would have made a great story. Oh well.

I always liked Tim Russert.  I just found out he's a Bills fan.  have good instincts.

411761[/snapback]

Then you have to read 'Big Russ and Me'

Who was the jackass at the end that said Buffalo didnt deserve to win any of the superbowls because they never really played anyone during the regular season? That would be fortunate indeed to play what like 70 games of sub-par compettion in 4 years.

Who was the jackass at the end that said Buffalo didnt deserve to win any of the superbowls because they never really played anyone during the regular season?  That would be fortunate indeed to play what like 70 games of sub-par compettion in 4 years.

411915[/snapback]

Rick Reilly, I think. Yeah, I was pissed, too. After almost a full hour of pro-Buffalo (the city, and fans) stories, they slide that tool into the documentary. Totally uncalled for, IMO. He writes for SI.

!@#$ Reilly and everyone else.

Rick Reilly, I think.  Yeah, I was pissed, too.  After almost a full hour of pro-Buffalo (the city, and fans) stories, they slide that tool into the documentary.  Totally uncalled for, IMO.  He writes for SI. 

!@#$ Reilly and everyone else.

411927[/snapback]

Thought it was a cool show. Part I loved was MaGuire talking bout the old days at the Rockpile. Couple of things from that. One, they showed the scramble in the end zone after field goals and extra points. God, my brother and I always wanted to go down there, but the old man always said it was to dangerous. That sure looked like fun!!!

Two, talked about bringing kegs into the stands. I tell people all the time , and they think i'm full of chit, that we used to bring beer balls into Rich, but we needed to have a ticket for it. This back in the days of 45,000 in attendance being a strong day!!

Thought it was a cool show. Part I loved was MaGuire talking bout the old days at the Rockpile. Couple of things from that. One, they showed the scramble in the end zone after field goals and extra points. God, my brother and I always wanted to go down there, but the old man always said it was to dangerous. That sure looked like fun!!!

Two, talked about bringing kegs into the stands. I tell people all the time , and they think i'm full of chit, that we used to bring beer balls into Rich, but we needed to have a ticket for it. This back in the days of 45,000 in attendance being a strong day!!

411955[/snapback]

It was a great hour of TV (minus the Bledsoe stuff, which was a bit too heavy on the Pats footage, I might add). The Kalsu segment had me choked up.

Who was the jackass at the end that said Buffalo didnt deserve to win any of the superbowls because they never really played anyone during the regular season?  That would be fortunate indeed to play what like 70 games of sub-par compettion in 4 years.

411915[/snapback]

Just off the top of my head, I remember the Bills beating a 10-0 Giants team, a very good 49er team in the "no punt game," an undefeated Rams team (with Riech at the helm) on Monday night and the Dolphins (who were pretty decent then) twice a year. Let's see, they also beat Elway's Broncos in the playoffs, Montana's Chiefs, the Raiders (who were among the fastest teams of all time) more than once, and (forgive me for typing this twice) they owned Marino.

It was a great hour of TV (minus the Bledsoe stuff, which was a bit too heavy on the Pats footage, I might add).  The Kalsu segment had me choked up.

411958[/snapback]

If ever I was undecided whose throwback jersey I would get- It would now be Kalsu.

411915[/snapback]

What's always conveniently left out of these arguments (NFC superiority) is that starting in 1988, and not including the superbowls, the Bills absolutely DOMINATED the NFC for about 6 or 7 years. I mean Kelly, Thurman, and the gang whooped up on them and treated the NFC like they were the Bills B word. The Bills had a couple of losses in season-ending meaningless games (after clinching home field) against Lions and Redskins, when they rested the starters for the most part. Take away those losses and the Bills hardly lost to NFC teams in the regualr season.

If 2004 is any indication, history may be repeating itself. 4-0 last year against the NFC.

The saddest part about the Bills' superbowl history is that we all know that the 1990 Bills were a better team than the 1990 Giants. Hell, they beat them in their own stadium a few weeks prior to the superbowl. Maybe the worst thing that could have happend to the Bills was to kick the living crap out of the Raiders in the champeenship game. They got overconfident. We'll never know, but I still have to think that if the Bills played the Giants 5 times, the Bills would win at least 3 of those games - probably 4. SB XXV was their best chance. The next year, Washington was in a zone, hitting on all cylinders. And then came the Cowboys, who were just hitting their peak and reaping the rewards of the great drafts of 1989 and 1990.

Side note - I know Parcell's is a good coach and all, but really, what has he accomplished since, without Belichek on his staff? I think Belichek's genius was the biggest reason the Giants won.

That's a great show and Russerrt's book is definitely worth the money and time.  Especially for those who have left town.

411917[/snapback]

I gave the book to my Dad for Father's Day this year. Dad's not a Bills fan (he doesn't really like football anymore, after years of rooting for the Redskins), but he likes Russert, and I knew he'd enjoy the book.

Mike

Dude, if ya got Tivo, but it in a wishlist with the auto record option. No worries then about setiing the tivo

412196[/snapback]

Problem is - the NFL Network lumps all the titles of shows. Try typing in "Buffalo" or "Bills" and get nothing, but hit preseason football and 30 shows are returned.

Problem is - the NFL Network lumps all the titles of shows. Try typing in "Buffalo" or "Bills" and get nothing, but hit preseason football and 30 shows are returned.

412211[/snapback]

But I think if you put in Buffalo Blue in the wishlist it should catch it, and make sure you put Buffalo and Bills in the same wishlist, its finding all of the games and shows for me, thats how I first saw this is my to do list.

scribo Posted Today, 07:32 AM

QUOTE(dib @ Aug 19 2005, 05:58 AM)

Just off the top of my head, I remember the Bills beating a 10-0 Giants team, a very good 49er team in the "no punt game," an undefeated Rams team (with Riech at the helm) on Monday night and the Dolphins (who were pretty decent then) twice a year. Let's see, they also beat Elway's Broncos in the playoffs, Montana's Chiefs, the Raiders (who were among the fastest teams of all time) more than once, and (forgive me for typing this twice) they owned Marino.

I'll add on to this list, remember the 1990 game against Buddy Ryan's Eagles? Everyone remembers the TD pass from Cunningham to Barnett, which was a great play, but in the end the Bills were the victors in that one.

The Bills went into Giants stadium and beat the Giants that same year.

In 1992 I was at the "No Punt Game" in SF, the 49'ers were an outstanding team.

The Bills were down by 11 points at halftime in that game and they still came back and won.

Same year, the Bills had to come back in the second half against a very good Saints team in New Orleans. Thats when the Saints had Swilling, Jackson, Mills, & Johnson as their LB's.

Nobody even seems to remember in 1993 that the Bills beat the Cowboys in Dallas, 13-10. Remember Matt Darby?

Nobody even seems to remember in 1993 that the Bills beat the Cowboys in Dallas, 13-10. Remember Matt Darby?

412228[/snapback]

If memory serves me, they were w/out Emmitt Smith for their first two games (both losses). He came back to lead them to the Super Bowl title and win the MVP in the process.

If memory serves me, they were w/out Emmitt Smith for their first two games (both losses).  He came back to lead them to the Super Bowl title and win the MVP in the process.

412240[/snapback]

You got it R.Rich. Their first loss was to the Skins on Monday night season opener, Richie Pettibons first game at HC. DC was going wild talking bout going to the bowl, jsut later amended that from Super to Toilet

R. Rich Posted Today, 11:30 AM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Aug 19 2005, 12:18 PM)

If memory serves me, they were w/out Emmitt Smith for their first two games (both losses). He came back to lead them to the Super Bowl title and win the MVP in the process.

Correct, Emmit Smith was holding out during that period of time. At the same time the stupidity of Jerry Jones in not wanting to pay Emmit the big money is hardly the fault of the Bills.

Since you bring this point up, I will then go to the 1996 season. The Cowboys played at Buffalo, with Emmit Smith, and the Bills won the game 10-7. Oh BTW, Todd Collins was the QB in that one.