Hockey is Off ESPN

plenzmd1

There are still a core of US cities that care. BOS, BUF, CHI, PHI, NYR, NYI, NJD, DET, MINNY, AVS, LA, SJ.

Apparently, people would rather watch reality, poker, cop/sci dramas, and eating contests. Hockey is the fastest sport there is without machines. The Total Best!

411638[/snapback]

You Forgot TAMPA - You know........ The Team That WON the last STANLEY CUP!!!

OLN is on our standard basic cable.    :lol:

411501[/snapback]

Not only is OLN on Baltimore County's standard basic cable,

it is on channel 2. :)

And I still stand by my earlier prediction,

Survivor re-runs will get better ratings than the NHL. :blush:

Comcast will most likely make OLN a basic package channel for all outlets. They need to get into as many households as possible to get ad revenue up and to keep the NHL when the deal is up in two years.

This is a big move by Comcast to step up against the market controlling ESPN. I read an article from Canada a few weeks back saying ESPN could awaken a giant if they pass up on hockey.

In the end, if all works out, OLN will turn into ESPN-type channel and that will drive the prices of cable and satelitte down because ESPN charges ridiculous rates that are passed on to you and me.

410806[/snapback]

That ain't the half of it... know any bar owners? Cost 'em $800 a month for the rights to play ESPN in their establishment.

Please, hockey is penny-ante in MOST of the US of A. In many markets it rates lower than SOCCER even in TV ratings.

411078[/snapback]

So? That's mostly because most of the US of A is filled with mouth breathers who're too stupid to get what a great game hockey is. Screw them - it's their loss.

...or you could just get DirecTV... :lol:

Hey, I have to, it's in my title :)

CW

411242[/snapback]

Directv was my first choice but the installer came out and took one look and said that he couldn't get through my trees. The Dish installer at least walked my property and found a place in the back on a pole where he could get a signal.

I'm pretty sure if you live in Buffalo you can get the Canadian channels with a decent ant. At least see some hocky & some Sabre games, am I right?

411307[/snapback]

Partially right. You can pick up Canadian channels over the air, but the Sabres games are not broadcasted over the air. Empire was only available on cable or dish, the same with MSG.

The Sabres would love to broadcast into Canada but no local station will give up their primetime lineup for 80 games a season.

Yes, that's true -- I lived in Niagara Falls growing up, and I got channels 5, 9, and ... 22?  I don't remember, but there were 3 of them.  I used to watch the Eskimos win the Gray cup all the time. :lol:

CW

411353[/snapback]

You're 2/3 right Fez. I grew up in Grand Island and we could get 3 canadian channels, as well...5, 9, & 11 (not 22). I remember watching cartoons (specifically, 'Spiderman') as well as the CFL. Great stuff! :)

You're 2/3 right Fez. I grew up in Grand Island and we could get 3 canadian channels, as well...5, 9, & 11 (not 22). I remember watching cartoons (specifically, 'Spiderman') as well as the CFL. Great stuff!  :lol:

411796[/snapback]

I *loved* the original Spiderman. Wish I could see some of those original episodes again...

There was also a show that I used to watch, but I don't remember what it was called. There was this kid, and he talked to a ball of light or something, and it helped him solve problems... That's about all I remember. It was called Chokey or something. Can't remember the details, any help? :)

CW

I *loved* the original Spiderman.  Wish I could see some of those original episodes again...

There was also a show that I used to watch, but I don't remember what it was called.  There was this kid, and he talked to a ball of light or something, and it helped him solve problems...  That's about all I remember.  It was called Chokey or something.  Can't remember the details, any help? :lol:

CW

411800[/snapback]

I loved the original 'Spiderman' series, too. So much, in fact, that I bought the complete 6 disc DVD set on Amazon.com for my 3 and 5 year old boys ( :) ) who are huge superhero fans. They love these Spidey episodes, too...and they bring back many fond memories for yours truly. If you're interested, the box set is called "Spider-Man, The '67 Collection". It contains all 52 episodes that ran on Saturday morning from 1967-1970.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...870345?v=glance

Sorry that I can't help you with Chokey as I don't remember seeing that (either by the name or description).