Am I the only one whos is scared...

Maybe we should try and sign Koren Robinson for the minimum to play the 3rd reciever role.  At least untill Parish gets back.  I know he has drinking problems and everything, but honestly, what would we loose?

409523[/snapback]

I've have seen Drew Hadad practice and he has great hands and runs very nice routes. (I don't know if he is as "quick as Reed... but even a Turtle is faster then Reed when Reed drops the pass.)

Everyone play nice

Haddad won't be the #3 receiver. He may stick on the team if he can do return duties; I think that's all that's kept him in the league, but he's not great at that either IMHO...

CW

Haddad isnt making the team, unless Roscoe goes on IR. He had 3 catches the other night, the longest being the tip off the ball that should have been intercepted. In fact, either he or Aiken ran a wrong route there because they were within a couple yards of each other and had 4 defenders wrongly around the ball.

Haddad isnt making the team, unless Roscoe goes on IR.  He had 3 catches the other night, the longest being the tip off the ball that should have been intercepted.  In fact, either he or Aiken ran a wrong route there because they were within a couple yards of each other and had 4 defenders wrongly around the ball.

409624[/snapback]

Your glass is half empty!!!! LOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!

Who was the other receiver a few years back that you guys were pining over and then he got cut because basically he sucked? I think its great that you look for the long shots and root for them, but With Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Aiken, Smith and probably Reed thats 6 receivers. Plus with our return guys being Parrish, Clements, Mcgee, and Burns or Gates as the other back guy on KO's, Haddad will not make the team. It's a nice story and makes it interesting since he is a local college kid.

I heard reports on the radio that Haddad was taking snaps as the number 3 receiver with the first teamm offense yesterday. I personally think that the guy deserve a chance to prove himself as a possession receiver.

Haddad = Wayne Chrebet. I'll take it. Personally, I'm scared to death of going into the season with Josh Reed as the #3 receiver. Gimme a guy with heart and confidence over a guy like Reed any day. We've had worse than Haddad at the #3 spot and still performed ok - i.e., Jeremy McDaniel.

Haddad = Wayne Chrebet.  I'll take it.  Personally, I'm scared to death of going into the season with Josh Reed as the #3 receiver.  Gimme a guy with heart and confidence over a guy like Reed any day.  We've had worse than Haddad at the #3 spot and still performed ok - i.e., Jeremy McDaniel.

409666[/snapback]

JM was 6 inches taller and 30 punds heavier, could get off the line and catch. His problem was he could figure out how to adjust routes or even run the right route. :D

Everyone play nice

Haddad won't be the #3 receiver.  He may stick on the team if he can do return duties; I think that's all that's kept him in the league, but he's not great at that either IMHO...

CW

409614[/snapback]

Yep, with another smurf (Roscoe) already penciled in at #3, Haddad's a long, long, long shot to make the team. Leonhard's a better punt return option as well, so Drew's a nice story, but that's all...

He is 5'11''. I don't consider that a "smurf". An inch taller than Lee Evans.

Remember, last year, when they needed to bring in a WR from the practice squad, Haddad was the first choice over Jonathan Smith. He tweaked a hamstring after a few games and was released and re-signed.

I am not impressed with Aiken or Smith. I remember mistakes and/or penalties by both of them in previous pre-season games.

Haddad does the little things right and he catches the ball. I think he is more than fodder like Wilson and Peoples.

Nonetheless, what I like about this regime is they will make the right decisions most of the time and I am comfortable with that be it whomever makes the roster.