Drew Haddad the new Lou Piccone?

Im pulling for him to make the squad. He is undersized and doesnt have great speed.

408644[/snapback]

yeah, me too. we need more guys like that on the team. i was starting to think that this season would be unfair to the other teams if all the bills were big and fast.

:):doh:

This is Haddad's fifth year of bouncing around the NFL. He just turned 27 yesterday and has ONE career catch in the NFL. He is one of those guys who always looks good in training camp, but seems to be spinning his wheels in terms of moving up the ladder. I am not sure what his shortcomings are other than a lack of size, but there has to be a reason why he is not becoming a regular season contributor.

I watched the preseason game last night and was impressed with this Drew. He runs good routes and doesn't drop any balls. We need to keep this kid and give him old #89.

408557[/snapback]

Looks like Lou Piccone? Are you serious, or are you damning him with faint praise?

Everybody loved to party with Lou, but .....

Nate Turner, Brian McClure, Antonio Brown....Drew Haddad...what do they all have in common? All looked like future hall of famers on Bills preseason squads. All failed to make the final cuts. All failed to have an impact anywhere in the NFL....unless you count McClure starting one game as the Bills "scab team" QB in 1987. If memeor serves, we beat the Giants in that rain soaked affair, in over time, 6-3...ah the memories.....

Nate Turner, Brian McClure, Antonio Brown....Drew Haddad...what do they all have in common?  All looked like future hall of famers on Bills preseason squads.  All failed to make the final cuts.  All failed to have an impact anywhere in the NFL....unless you count McClure starting one game as the Bills "scab team" QB in 1987.  If memeor serves, we beat the Giants in that rain soaked affair, in over time, 6-3...ah the memories.....

408872[/snapback]

I thought the Lou Piccone reference would bring backthe memories - but Brian McClure? NICE!

And if I remember, Lawrence Taylor played for the G men in that game.

Nate Turner, Brian McClure, Antonio Brown....Drew Haddad...what do they all have in common?  All looked like future hall of famers on Bills preseason squads.  All failed to make the final cuts.  All failed to have an impact anywhere in the NFL....unless you count McClure starting one game as the Bills "scab team" QB in 1987.  If memeor serves, we beat the Giants in that rain soaked affair, in over time, 6-3...ah the memories.....

408872[/snapback]

yes, you are correct...i was disappointed no one recalled this game when i brought it up yesterday. those were the days.

I thought the Lou Piccone reference would bring backthe memories - but Brian McClure? NICE!

And if I remember, Lawrence Taylor played for the G men in that game.

I believe he did. I remember one of the sportswrites (King?) writing a piece about one of the "scabs" playing in that game and how he got to face LT.

Looks like Lou Piccone? Are you serious, or are you damning him with faint praise?

Everybody loved to party with Lou, but .....

408760[/snapback]

But what??? Lou was not a superstar, don't look for his bust if you go to Canton. He was however a player, always gave maximum effort and produced.

But what??? Lou was not a superstar, don't look for his bust if you go to Canton. He was however a player, always gave maximum effort and produced.

408935[/snapback]

Production was about 6-12 catches a year. Effort was there. But I seem to recall Lou mostly in mop-up duty, with a rare third down appearence. He was usually good for 2 first downs a year and maybe had 6 or 7 career touchdowns over a decade. Don't get me wrong, I liked Lou, and so did most nightclub owners, but would you keep Josh Reed around for 6-12 catches a year?

Piccone played six seasons with the Bills, totaling 81 receptions and six touchdowns. His work ethic and contribution on special teams made him a fan favorite.

"I reflected, I guess, that blue collar, work hard… People called me an overachiever. I guess there’s something to be said for that, (but) you’re not an overachiever if you don’t have the work ethic. I don’t know if it’s hard to shine on a losing team or it’s easy to shine on a losing team. But the one thing I know, I was a certain type of ballplayer. I really enjoyed to play on a winning team or a losing team. I always tried to aspire to that I was going to be a personal winner on the field. Regardless whether you win or lose, you have to do your job and do the best that you can do at your position. You can build a career no matter where you are or no matter what the record is."

Production was about 6-12 catches a year. Effort was there. But I seem to recall Lou mostly in mop-up duty, with a rare third down appearence. He was usually good for 2 first downs a year and maybe had 6 or 7 career touchdowns over a decade. Don't get me wrong, I liked Lou, and so did most nightclub owners, but would you keep Josh Reed around for 6-12 catches a year?

408946[/snapback]

If you ever saw Sweet Lou play you would know he never ever dropped a pass thrown to him, unlike Reed. In the dictonary under the word reliable there should be a picture of Piccone.