Willis seems to average 1 scare a game.

Watching him since the Miami game last year, it seems he gets dinged about once a game with a scare. I know he always returns, however theres gonna be a time he doesnt. Everytome the guy carries the ball....I think wether we admit it or not....theres alot of Bills fans holding their breath.

do you all feel its a coincidence or just that he's injury prone/never fully healed after that injury?

Watching him since the Miami game last year, it seems he gets dinged about once a game with a scare. I know he always returns, however theres gonna be a time he doesnt. Everytome the guy carries the ball....I think wether we admit it or not....theres alot of Bills fans holding their breath.

do you all feel its a coincidence or just that he's injury prone/never fully healed after that injury?

407716[/snapback]

Are you Rudy incognito?

You've noticed that too, eh? That's why I'm watching the battle for #2 RB so closely...and also why I argued against trading Henry during the season last year (before HIS injury made that a moot point). I like Joe Burns, but I have no desire to see him start at RB again.

What I think: Willis has proven his toughness by coming back not once, but twice, from ACL injuries. But I get the idea that he'll come off the field for any minor tweak, almost like he needs the docs to reassure him he's OK before he goes back in the game and starts pounding on the defense again.

Remember how slowly Thurman used to get up from a tackle sometimes? Not so different than that, I think.....

I have to admit that I was pretty scared when Willis went hobling off the field I ran the play back on slo mo on my TIVO a number of times, and it was clear that he was hit on the outside of his right knee and that it buckled from he force quite substantially to the inside. I was thinking the worst, and was quite happy to see him return for another drive and have a nice run ta boot.

Wow the guy goes out one play to have his leg checked on you all think the worst.

407926[/snapback]

I don't think it's necessarily everyone thinking the worst, it's just that I would have to agree, I do hold my breath every time Willis carries the ball.

The bottom line is this...we know our defense is going to be superb. But offense has to put points on the board for us to win...

Whether we care to admit it or not, this is the truth. Forget JP Losman, and how important it is for him to blossom. Our season will only go as far as the surgically repaired knee of Willis McGahee....

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Pats fan yesterday, and we were talking bills/pats. He says to me....i bet thats comforting having an rb with a surgically repaired knee whose name sounds kinda like "My Lame knee."

Never thought of it that way and it struck me funny but hope its just his name and not in his durability lol. :)

407716[/snapback]

Paranoia, the destroyer.

Paranoia, the destroyer.

People cannot get over the fact that Willis went through the surgery of the knee. Everytime he starts to limp people wonder if it was his bad one. I am sure we will see the clip of his injury every sunday over and over again.

The key word here is WAS.

Willis isn't concerned about his knees so we shouldn't either.

Thurman came out every game at least once or twice to get a breather, fix a ding, etc.... it is just part of the position he played.

Willis's durability shouldn't be an issue at all. By all accounts his knees should be stronger now then they were before he got hurt.

You would be stupid not to take Willis in your fantasy draft.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Pats fan yesterday, and we were talking bills/pats. He says to me....i bet thats comforting having an rb with a surgically repaired knee whose name sounds kinda like "My Lame knee."

Never thought of it that way and it struck me funny but hope its just his name and not in his durability lol.  :doh:

408126[/snapback]

I'm always look to revise this classic post whenever the riddler shows up! :):lol:

The thing with Mcgahee is the injury concern will always be there, however like a previous poster pointed out it's offset by his td per game average 1.45 tds per game. I'm sure Raven fans get stressed out everytime they see jamal lewis run post surgery as well as colts fans with edge. Willis is Willis and Ya'll gonna see him in a minute.... ya'll gonna see him in a minute! :doh: