Anyone pulling for Lefty?

Zona

Not sure where your resentment for Mickelson is coming from but he's got a tour record that most tour players would be happy to retire with.  By your measure, he's a failure because he's not ranked #1, that's just absurd.  You need to research his rankings as well, I believe he's been ranked #2.

As for labeling him a choke artist, I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.  There are some rather good golfers on tour and sometimes they just play better!  He's let a couple get away from him but he's far from a "choke artist".

The announcers have a "love fest" for him because he is one of the least pretentious, most accomodating guys on tour.  He's also a HUGE NFL fan.

407705[/snapback]

Well in my opinion he comes across as a pompous ass, and a lot too contrived. IMHO he is one of the least likeable players on the tour because of the "show" he puts on.

So what if he is a football fan. So am I, doesn't make me anymore likeable. :(:)

No, he is just a little too "funny" for me.  Can't stand Phil and his sh-- eating grin.  Plus the fact that he and a lot of folks that try to pass him off as the best golfer.  The guy has lucked into one major and pretty much been a choke artist his whole career. He has never even broken into the top 3 players in the world, and never been the #1 golfer.  He reminds me too much of the love fest that announcers have for people like Michael Vick.

407639[/snapback]

what a suprise...VA talking nonsense

Two clutch birdies on 18 in two separate majors should pretty much eliminate the whole idea of Phil being a choker.

Trivia: At what age did Ben Hogan win his first major?

Answer: 34

I see the retards are out today. 

Morning tatertot.  Did you have a good weekend?

407824[/snapback]

actually it was a great weekend..had a great time with many friends and family...probably something you cannot relate to....so before I go back to work...let me get your over-rated list straight...Phil Mickelson and Cal Ripken Jr...any other superstars that need to be added to your list...

I don't root for Phil. Right now, I wouldn't even say he's in the top three golfers in the PGA.

I'd rank them:

1) Tiger - Can't stand the guy, but it's a fact.

2) Vijay - If he could just putt, he'd be #1.

3) Goosen - Say what you willa bout him, the man has icewater in his veins.

Mickelson would make my top 10 but that's it.

Well in my opinion he comes across as a pompous ass, and a lot too contrived.  IMHO he is one of the least likeable players on the tour because of the "show" he puts on. 

So what if he is a football fan.  So am I, doesn't make me anymore likeable.  :(  :)

407710[/snapback]

I know a lot of guys who know Phil Mickelson (who either played golf quite a bit with him, went to ASU with him, know him from Phoenix or have spent some substantial time with him). In all my years I have never heard one bad word about him, and he's known around town as an absolutely great, nice guy. He is, however, also known as dumb as a bag of hammers, which may account for the sh---eating grin. He is not thought of as being pretentious in any way, and actually is known to be quite humble.

Mickelson has more wins that Goosen, and has the same # of majors. I think Retif is good, but he just doesn't have the wins that Mickelson has.

I don't disagree with you #1 and #2.

I don't root for Phil. Right now, I wouldn't even say he's in the top three golfers in the PGA.

I'd rank them:

1) Tiger - Can't stand the guy, but it's a fact.

2) Vijay - If he could just putt, he'd be #1.

3) Goosen - Say what you willa bout him, the man has icewater in his veins.

Mickelson would make my top 10 but that's it.

407849[/snapback]

Mickelson has more wins that Goosen, and has the same # of majors. I think Retif is good, but he just doesn't have the wins that Mickelson has.

I don't disagree with you #1 and #2.

407875[/snapback]

That and he's a lefty. I can't stand golfing with left-handers. :)

You have to love Phil's game. He is always trying to score. When the obvious choice is to lay-up Phil is thinking, "How close can I get to the pin?" How can you not love that approach to the game when it works. In football terms, he goes for it on 4th down more than any other.

You have to love Phil's game. He is always trying to score. When the obvious choice is to lay-up Phil is thinking, "How close can I get to the pin?" How can you not love that approach to the game when it works. In football terms, he goes for it on 4th down more than any other.

407957[/snapback]

That probably has something to do with the "bag of hammers" reference in a prior post! :)

I got a kick out of his kids celebrating on the 18th green, and enjoy the "family man" aspect of the way he carries himself. If he knew how to play smart golf, he'd be more effective, though...