Should there be a 2nd Memorial day instituted

Adam

Should September 11th be a 2nd Memorial Day  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should September 11th be a 2nd Memorial Day

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I would like to see everyone be with family and friends on 9/11 every year, and EVERYTHING close down.

I think it would be very good to reflect on those lost on that day, and to renew our anger and determination against those who caused the tragic event- an anger that must never die.

I think it would be very good to reflect on those lost on that day, and to renew our anger and determination against those who caused the tragic event- an anger that must never die.

407035[/snapback]

I don't see why this can't be done for 2 minutes per week. Hey! Let's call it the "Two Minutes Hate." Orwellian society indeed.

Here's your Victory Gin, guys. Drink up!

NO.

Sorry to say, but 9/11 doesnt "deserve" a holiday. In the history of this Country, it actually ranks pretty LOW on the scale of events that really had an impact on its history should be honored with a holiday.

A "day of rememberence" is just fine. "Holidays" are typically more for celebrations, anyways. To comemmorate GOOD, not remember bad.

Are you kidding? Every single holiday we currently have is a day of great american pride or celebration. Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Labor Day, Independance Day, MLK, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, etc.

We are not celebrating the terrorists (which is what a 9-11 day would do). It would help them achieve their objective of destroying our economy.

We already have a day to honor those who died defending our country, and a day to remember all those who died in service to our nation. Those who parished shall be remembered during these times.

Why not a pearl harbor memorial day? The answer is simple. This is America. We celebrate the good and remember the bad.

I would like to see everyone be with family and friends on 9/11 every year, and EVERYTHING close down.

407035[/snapback]

Every day somebody dies. So let's make every day Memorial Day. :blink:

No, I think we should celebrate May 1st as VI Day, "Victory in Iraq Day". We are already two behind, the first being May 1, 2003 when the President declared an end to major combat operations in Iraq under the "Mission Accomplished" banner.