• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pump at my house is now 2.59/ gal

That means it now costs 10.00 to buy 4 gallons of gas....GRRRRR

:D

406036[/snapback]

its about the same here.

but its still better than in other countries. there is a reason they ride bikes to work.

Why don't we just take the DAMN oil already!

406039[/snapback]

Terrible. Anyways, I moved next the the subway, and actually use the buffalo subway (the one that goes to nowhere). I can go for sometimes a full week without driving my car. Its great. Maybe this gas thing will improve our very lacking public transporation.

it did here in carlisle pa also...my favorite excuse is that it's all china and india's fault....as though their consumption doubled in the last year.

we are paying a war premium due to a skittish market afraid of supply disruptions. nothing more, nothing less.

Why don't we just take the DAMN oil already!

406039[/snapback]

Exactly. I love all the people who said "We went to war to steal Iraq's oil, nothing more!" Well, if that were the case, shouldn't gas be around 99 cents a gallon again...? :D

CW

Exactly.  I love all the people who said "We went to war to steal Iraq's oil, nothing more!"  Well, if that were the case, shouldn't gas be around 99 cents a gallon again...?  :D

CW

406111[/snapback]

Especially since the slapping silly of Kuwait, the UAE, Qatar, Baharain, and Oman would have been pretty easy.

1 gallon is 4 litres i think right

therefore

in montreal at the moment gas is 1.08 per litre

thats 4.32$ canadian per gallon

minus the exchange rate

and you still got about 3.80$ a litre

and you're !@#$ing complaining???

Four quarts to a gallon. A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. or 128 oz. Four liters around 135 oz. or about 5% more than a gallon. Thus for comparison's sake you can drop your price another 19 cents to $3.61 US dollars for gas in Montreal. Still, we have no right to complain if we compare our price to yours.

Four quarts to a gallon.  A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. or 128 oz.  Four liters around 135 oz. or about 5% more than a gallon.  Thus for comparison's sake you can drop your price another 19 cents to $3.61 US dollars for gas in Montreal.  Still, we have no right to complain if we  compare our price to yours.

406221[/snapback]

and they say its going up to about 1.20$ by the end of the summer :S

and they say its going up to about 1.20$ by the end of the summer :S

406222[/snapback]

It wouldn't suprise me if gas costs about $1.20/gallon by the end of summer...next year.

The Christmas season is going to bi*** slap these oil prices back to reality. That's the point of no return. I think sales for the holiday season are going to be sharply down this year. That's going to pull the rug out from under this economy and demand (and prices) will fall apart.

Say hello to a major recession. Due date? Early '06. I guess the good news is that it'll take care of the fuel costs.

It wouldn't suprise me if gas costs about $1.20/gallon by the end of summer...next year.  

The Christmas season is going to bi*** slap these oil prices back to reality.  That's the point of no return.   I think sales for the holiday season are going to be sharply down this year.  That's going to pull the rug out from under this economy and demand (and prices) will fall apart.  

Say hello to a major recession.  Due date?  Early '06.  I guess the good news is that it'll take care of the fuel costs.

406226[/snapback]

yes but wouldnt you say generally that people are more wealthy now (as a whole) than they were before

i know i can

5 years ago gas was 56 cents a litre canadian and i was driving a dodge neon and i could have barely afforded it

now gas is 1.08 a litre and im driving a gas guzzler (caravan) and yes i could afford it but its tight on my wallet

by having a major recession yes prices do go down but it causes people not to be able to afford anything ,which makes prices drop even further to the point that it practically becomes a collapse

i wouldnt be surprised if the next great depression would be on its way

*knocks on wood*