I'm psyched

Yoho

Every year at this time, I am absolutley convinced that this is the year. No matter how bad we have been, I have been able to conjure up a scenario that takes the Bills over the top.

" Maybe Ferragamo will regain his form with the Rams and Terry Miller is the real deal."

"Maybe Dan Darragh will be the next small college QB to make it big time in the NFL and Mini-Max Anderson will show what he has shown in pre-season"

"Maybe Rob Johnson and Travis Henry are our version of Payton Manning and Edgerin James"

They haven't all worked out, but it sure is fun looking at the season though these rose-colored glasses. I feel sorry for those of you that can not conjure up a scenario where we go all the way this year. You may think of yourselves as realists, but you are missing out on a lot of the fun.

Every year at this time, I am absolutley convinced that this is the year.  No matter how bad we have been, I have been able to conjure up a scenario that takes the Bills over the top.

" Maybe Ferragamo will regain his form with the Rams and Terry Miller is the real deal."

"Maybe Dan Darragh will be the next small college QB to make it big time in the NFL and Mini-Max Anderson will show what he has shown in pre-season"

"Maybe Rob Johnson and Travis Henry are our version of Payton Manning and Edgerin James"

They haven't all worked out, but it sure is fun looking at the season though these rose-colored glasses.  I feel sorry for those of you that can not conjure up a scenario where we go all the way this year.  You may think of yourselves as realists, but you are missing out on a lot of the fun.

405441[/snapback]

Yep, with ya 100%. Mini-Max, Bobby Burnett, who in the heck can stop Jim Nance etc., and the Magician (still the greatest athlete to wear a Bills uniform IMO).

Cookie's "Lookie Lookie" pink Caddy convertible.. :P

Ritchie Lucas and his lost contact lens. Ernie Warlick doing a sports report on B&W tv and hitting the counter and busting up a bottle of the sponsor's product (Simon Pure beer) as he made a point with those huge hands of his.. Tom Day visiting Buffalo public grade schools and hoisting us 90-pounders in the air with one hand,

What fun - no endless we-are-getting-screwed hand wringing, no in-depth analysis or finding fault down to the atomic level.

Just rah if we won and boo if we lost and well just you wait till next Sunday... :D

Ernie Warlick doing a sports report on B&W tv and hitting the counter and busting up a bottle of the sponsor's product (Simon Pure beer) as he made a point with those huge hands of his.. Tom Day visiting every one of the 88 Buffalo public grade schools.

405560[/snapback]

Funny you should mention that...I was just recently back in Buffalo for a few days and spent an afternoon with Tom Day's family (it was his ex-wife's birthday), and wouldn't you know it, Ernie Warlick came over for a few minutes. He still remembered me from when I was a little boy. What a great guy.

Day's nickname was "Tippy", IRRC.

Nice to hear about Ernie Warlick. He bought a long-defunct Henry's Hamberger franchise on Main Street after he retired from the Bills. If ancient memory serves, it was a succesfsul venture - good location and folks knew it was Ernie's place. He was a well-liked man in town for good reason. His good heart was bigger than his big hands.

Day's nickname was "Tippy", IRRC.

Nice to hear about Ernie Warlick. He bought a long-defunct Henry's Hamberger franchise on Main Street after he retired from the Bills. If ancient memory serves, it was a succesfsul venture - good location and folks knew it was Ernie's place. He was a well-liked man in town for good reason. His good heart was bigger than his big hands.

405568[/snapback]

Tippy's right...his son and I were going through some of his old memorabilia when I was back. He had some great pictures of his dad in action, a couple with him sacking Joe Namath. Very cool stuff. He also had some great pics of OJ back in the day, too.

Every year at this time, I am absolutley convinced that this is the year.  No matter how bad we have been, I have been able to conjure up a scenario that takes the Bills over the top.

They haven't all worked out, but it sure is fun looking at the season though these rose-colored glasses.  I feel sorry for those of you that can not conjure up a scenario where we go all the way this year.  You may think of yourselves as realists, but you are missing out on a lot of the fun.

405441[/snapback]

"maybe man-boobs is the second coming of bill parcells." :P

great post. couldn't agree with you more (i did, after all, predict 16-0 in LA's pick'em contest). go bills! :D

405441[/snapback]

In the same light, troops heading over to Europe to fight in WWI also had similar hopes. Of course then reality sets in and all of a sudden in week 7 it's "not so fun anymore."

Real fans care more about the actual results during the season, not all the hype in the offseason.

Tippy's right...his son and I were going through some of his old memorabilia when I was back. He had some great pictures of his dad in action, a couple with him sacking Joe Namath. Very cool stuff. He also had some great pics of OJ back in the day, too.

Did Tom Day have a daughter by the name of Lenora?

In the same light, troops heading over to Europe to fight in WWI also had similar hopes.  Of course then reality sets in and all of a sudden in week 7 it's "not so fun anymore." 

Real fans care more about the actual results during the season, not all the hype in the offseason.

405599[/snapback]

Thanks for explaining who the "real fans" are. I guess the thousands of dollars over the years that I have spent watching Bills games does not count. Sorry but I love the off season and the hope for "maybe next year". Maybe you can explain for me, if I am not a "real fan", what am I?

Thanks for explaining who the "real fans" are.  I guess the thousands of dollars over the years that I have spent watching Bills games does not count.  Sorry but I love the off season and the hope for "maybe next year".  Maybe you can explain for me, if I am not a "real fan", what am I?

405674[/snapback]

Your too optimistic for this site, you must go!! The real fans whine about every little thing that happens and respond with posts like "Doomed" or "JP is gay." If your not going to attempt to be a comedian with no sense of humor, then as stated earlier "you must go."

But Seriously, I cannot wait for the 11th!! Looking forward to a great year. And if not, I'll still be at the Ralph in December rooting for my team like a real fan....

Did Tom Day have a daughter by the name of Lenora?

405609[/snapback]

Yes, she was there too. His other daughter, Michelle, was there as well. We all knew each other growing up. Cool family.

In the same light, troops heading over to Europe to fight in WWI also had similar hopes.  Of course then reality sets in and all of a sudden in week 7 it's "not so fun anymore." 

405599[/snapback]

:P:D:(

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight,

Schlimiel, schlimazel, hasenpfeffer, incorporated.

We're gonna do it!

Give us any chance we'll take it,

Read us any rule, we'll break it.

We're gonna make our dreams come true.

Doin' it our way!

Nothing's gonna turn us back now,

Straight ahead and on the track now.

We're gonna make our dreams come true,

Doin' it our way!

There's nothing we won't try,

Never heard the word "impossible."

This time there's no stopping us,

We're gonna do it!

On your mark, get set, and go now,

Gotta dream and we just know now.

We're gonna make that dream come true.

And we'll do it our way, yes, our way,

Make all our dreams come true.

And we'll do it our way, yes, our way,

Make all our dreams come true

For me and you.

Yes, she was there too. His other daughter, Michelle, was there as well. We all knew each other growing up. Cool family.

Just great. I lived down the block from a Bills' legend, and I never even knew it. I think they lived on Woodmere on the opposite end of Millwood from me, but I never went to their house. I would just see Lenora in school and around the neighborhood from time to time riding her bike. I was in Lenora's grade in middle school. I remember her as an all around sweetheart of a girl.

Yet another reason to regret my wasted youth. :D