I'm psyched

Yoho

In the same light, troops heading over to Europe to fight in WWI also had similar hopes.  Of course then reality sets in and all of a sudden in week 7 it's "not so fun anymore." 

Real fans care more about the actual results during the season, not all the hype in the offseason.

405599[/snapback]

Just scratched you off my Christmas card list. :D

Just great. I lived down the block from a Bills' legend, and I never even knew it. I think they lived on Woodmere on the opposite end of Millwood from me, but I never went to their house. I would just see Lenora in school and around the neighborhood from time to time riding her bike. I was in Lenora's grade in middle school. I remember her as an all around sweetheart of a girl.

406126[/snapback]

I lived in the house right across the street from them on Woodmere until I was 9 years old. For most of my available memory, Tom had already separated from his wife and did not live on Woodmere, so they must have separated early in my life.

I'm a few years younger than Lenora, a little bit younger his son Tom.

I lived in the house right across the street from them on Woodmere until I was 9 years old. For most of my available memory, Tom had already separated from his wife and did not live on Woodmere, so they must have separated early in my life.

I'm a few years younger than Lenora, a little bit younger his son Tom.

See, I didn't even know they had separated. I was in homeroom with Lenora in middle school, I'm sure we had some classes together, but I don't recall. Maybe she was in Mr Fronczek's chorus with me too? That was a lot of fun. Man, just too long ago.

I have a lot of fond memories of that neighborhood when I was 12/13/14/15 - little league football practice (Green Acres!) and ice skating over at Brighton park, playing tennis or launching home-made rockets over at the Glendale school grounds, etc. My friend and I would walk down Greenhaven to the Library, and if the creek/ditch was frozen enough, change into our skates and skate through the weeds all the way down to the trestle at Ellicot Creek Rd, put our boots back on to cross the trestle, and play pick-up hockey games at the pond right on the other side in the park. Sounds like you moved before you had a chance to see some of the houses on Parker Blvd on the edge of the golf course covered in snow drifts in the '77 Blizzard - that was a sight.

Then I became a teenager and lost my mind when HS started, and was not the kind of kid you would want your kids hanging around with. Never saw Lenora again. Oh well. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.