New Sabres Uniforms in 2006-2007

I didn't actually hear this, but got this from a Sports logo message board:

When he and GM Darcy Regier were on WGR 550 in Buffalo this morning, Larry Quinn stated that the team will be wearing new uniforms for the 2006-2007 season, and they will NOT be just the old blue and gold jerseys, but a completely new concept that will be unveiled sometime this season.

When he and GM Darcy Regier were on WGR 550 in Buffalo this morning, Larry Quinn stated that the team will be wearing new uniforms for the 2006-2007 season, and they will NOT be just the old blue and gold jerseys, but a completely new concept that will be unveiled sometime this season.

402219[/snapback]

Did he say "NOT just the old blue and gold...but a completely new concept..." or did he say "Not blue and Gold". To me, there's a difference. Reading it the way you typed it, I would imagine that blue and gold is returning, but in a new modern design.

My $.02

I agree with you Realist, we're getting back the blue and gold, just not the exact same jerseys. I want it that way.

I kind of hope we get a cool new logo, with my more of a navy and metallic gold. Kind of how the Rams went from royal blue and yellow to navy blue and gold.

402219[/snapback]

They can do so much more with fabrics and stitching these days, it only makes sense to update the blue and gold.

Just so long as they keep it simple and classy overall. Horizontal lines always work.

Sabres Uniform Thread From A While Ago

I said this months ago and some didn't believe my sources. Shame on you!

To calm some of your fears, they are going back to blue and gold but a more modernized version. So it won't be bright blue and piss yellow like before. It's going to look great!

I can't wait to get my #27 Teppo jersey in it! :D

Gee...what a surprise. Yet another "new" design. Time to crank up the merchandising revenues with a brand new jersey. Of course, who would by it if it were the black and red. So, bring back some jazzed up version of our old favorite, and soak everyone all over again.

That being said...where and when can I get mine!?!

Wow, a Numminen #27 avatar already?

402265[/snapback]

Yeah, I had an 87 Crosby avatar, but when we didn't get the number 1 pick, I said I'd change it to our first free agent. I was kind of hoping it'd be someone a little younger, and better, but I'm a man of my word.

BTW, if you guys get a jersey when they are released, who you gonna get? I'm planning on a Vanek.

For christsakes, why can't they do one smart thing and bring back the blue & gold?  Why would they want to give the fans what they want?

402224[/snapback]

Cause those old unis were ugly as sin (especially the all-blue road ones). I'd like to see a switch back to blue and gold, but not to the original design...

My vote would be the (boring) black/red/grey colors with the old sabres cross swords logo. that would be a very happy middle ground, just so that the don't have to repaint the arena and everthing.

402269[/snapback]

I think a new paint job is in order, IMO. They might stucco the boards as well. Just for checking purposes. :D