Hunter's Field

I was driving toward Buffalo today and someone calling in to WGR said he thought it would be a great idea to name Ralph Wilson Stadium, "Hunter's Field" (Or even "Hunter's Hope Field"). Due to the fact that Ralph doesn't want to sell corporate naming rights, and Erie County decided to name it Ralph Wilson Stadium, and due to all that Jim Kelly and later Hunter Kelly has meant to the community and exemplified Buffalo, I think that would be a terrific idea. Even "Hunter's Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium" if they do not wish to change the entire name. It would help the Hunter's Hope Foundatiom forever.

I was driving toward Buffalo today and someone calling in to WGR said he thought it would be a great idea to name Ralph Wilson Stadium, "Hunter's Field" (Or even "Hunter's Hope Field"). Due to the fact that Ralph doesn't want to sell corporate naming rights, and Erie County decided to name it Ralph Wilson Stadium, and due to all that Jim Kelly and later Hunter Kelly has meant to the community and exemplified Buffalo, I think that would be a terrific idea. Even "Hunter's Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium" if they do not wish to change the entire name. It would help the Hunter's Hope Foundatiom forever.

399915[/snapback]

Dunno...that's public property, and the Kelly family are not the only ones to go through personal tragedy. :(

Dunno...that's public property, and the Kelly family are not the only ones to go through personal tragedy. :(

399916[/snapback]

So because it's public property Rich (Products) is okay but Hunter's (Hope) is not? Ralph could sell the naming rights if he wanted to. He chose not to because he doesn't like the corporate ties to the stadium. That is noble and understandable. Do you really think naming the field after a kid who embodied a heroic fight is a slap in the face of other families that have had tragedies?

SiC, RWS is decidedly not public property. Erie County, etc. may have chipped in, but like someone who gets a gov't grant to start a small business, the building does not then belong to the gov't. Ralph can do what he wants.

Maybe, ala Duke U, they could keep RWS and call the playing area Hunter's Field.... It would be a great thing to do to keep Hunter in our memories, and for broadcast announcers to mention at every game that might prompt/remind people to donate to HH and other charities.

399915[/snapback]

I remember something like this being rumoured a few years ago. Also, a part of the facility was rumoured to be named after Marv Levy...public property or not, I think it would be an great gesture, and would be a permanent reminder of all children who are born suffering.....

I'm going to leave the argument part alone for today, but i would love to see a significant, visible dedication and memorial for jim and hunter kelly at the stadium complex.

399958[/snapback]

I agree, many families have lost loved ones, but WNY and all Bills fans nationwide feel this loss. I would like to see something done, not just this year but for many years to come.

Hunter field would be awesome

Nothing against Hunter (may he R.I.P.) :( , but I'd have to say no.

Even Jim Kelly Stadium wouldn't be as good as the Ralph IMO.

A nice plaque in a visible area would be more appropriate.

400047[/snapback]

I agree with your post. With all respect to the Kelly family in this horrible time, Ralph is the most deserving. I think that a suite should be named after hunter, which would be great! The sport should revolve around the players, coaches and owners. Hunter has nothing to do with football, directly. I'm sure that many will flame me but I’m just looking at this realistically.