Dr. Z takes a shot at Eli Manning

The_Real

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...390/1007/SPORTS

"They can scale things down for him and not make it too hard, and he can run and scramble out of trouble," Zimmerman said. "I have a good feel about him. There are some young quarterbacks I don't like. I don't like (the Giants) Eli Manning. But this young kid looks like he has some possibilities."

That is pretty wierd to hear Dr.Z say he doesn't like a player. Wonder if they have some bigger issues.

Hmmmm....

I seem to remember Dr. Z saying last season he didn't like the way Manning said before last year's draft that he would refuse to play for San Diego, forcing the trade with the Giants for Philip Rivers.

How was it a hissy fit? I think it was about as forward, direct and non-dramatic (is that a word?) as you can get.

399657[/snapback]

If Manning's decision to force a trade between NY and SD had somethng to do w/ his statement, then it is a hissy fit. Why exactly doesn't he like Manning? Poor mechanics? Trouble reading the defense? Poor decision making under pressure? He didn't care to offer any reasons.

If Manning's decision to force a trade between NY and SD had somethng to do w/ his statement, then it is a hissy fit.  Why exactly doesn't he like Manning?  Poor mechanics?  Trouble reading the defense?  Poor decision making under pressure?  He didn't care to offer any reasons.

399700[/snapback]

Well I think that the SD/NYG reason is a perfectly acceptable reason to dislike Eli (that's why I don't like him).

BUT, I totally agree with you in the context of the article. He was noting JPs positives as a football player and then contrasting it with his disdain for Eli. Unless that disdain was football related, then I don't really think it serves any purpose in the article other than to state a random opinion. I just tend to see hissy fits as more meladramatic and whiny...

JMO...

If Manning's decision to force a trade between NY and SD had somethng to do w/ his statement, then it is a hissy fit.  Why exactly doesn't he like Manning?  Poor mechanics?  Trouble reading the defense?  Poor decision making under pressure?  He didn't care to offer any reasons.

399700[/snapback]

Probably because of his first name. It's rumored that Dr. Z thinks the cotton gin was the beginning of the end of Western Society.

Eli is scum. He ended up making the right decision for himself in the long run but the way he did it is just crap.

Eli is somewhat lucky that Drew Bree's did so well since now nobody is talking about it.

Eli is scum.  He ended up making the right decision for himself in the long run but the way he did it is just crap.

Eli is somewhat lucky that Drew Bree's did so well since now nobody is talking about it.

399772[/snapback]

You did NOT just apostrophe dude's name. SHAME! :(:(

Dr. Z did not write this article. He is quoted in an article written by the D&C sports writer. He said this in passing in an interview, the way you or I might say something like it in a conversation.

Also, as I said I don't KNOW that Dr. Z dislikes Manning for this reason. It's just something I seemed to remember.

Dr. Z did not write this article.  He is quoted in an article written by the D&C sports writer.  He said this in passing in an interview, the way you or I might say something like it in a conversation.

Also, as I said I don't KNOW that Dr. Z dislikes Manning for this reason.  It's just something I seemed to remember.

399977[/snapback]

???

I didn't say this was about an article that Z wrote. Actually in the first post I posted the link and the comments.

Where are you going with this?

??? 

I didn't say this was about an article that Z wrote.  Actually in the first post I posted the link and the comments. 

Where are you going with this?

400007[/snapback]

Sorry. I was responding to R. Rich, not you.