Depth Chart Updated

Link

I've copied the O and D below. The players in bold are the guys I think will get cut. Italics means practise squad.

WR: Eric Moulds | Sam Aiken | George Wilson | Roscoe Parrish | Tony Brown 

LT: Mike Gandy | Jason Peters | Greg Jerman

LG: Bennie Anderson | Justin Geisinger | Lawrence Smith

C: Trey Teague | Duke Preston | Jasen Esposito

RG: Chris Villarrial | Ross Tucker | Geir Gudmundsen

RT: Mike Williams | Dylan McFarland | David Pruce

TE: Mark Campbell | Tim Euhus | Ryan Neufeld | Rod Trafford | Kevin Everett* | Brad Cieslak

QB: J.P. Losman | Kelly Holcomb | Shane Matthews | Tory Woodbury | Kevin Thompson  

FB: Daimon Shelton  | Jon Goldsberry | Joe Burns | Ryan Neufeld    

HB: Willis McGahee | Joe Burns | Shaud Williams | Lionel Gates | ReShard Lee 

WR: Lee Evans | Josh Reed | Jonathan Smith | Drew Haddad | Will Peoples

LE: Chris Kelsay | Ryan Denney | George Gause

LT: Sam Adams | Justin Bannan | Lauvale Sape

RT: Ron Edwards | Tim Anderson | LaWaylon Brown

RE: Aaron Schobel | Uyi Osunde | Constantin Ritzmann

SLB: Jeff Posey | Josh Stamer | Wendell Hunter

MLB: London Fletcher | Mario Haggan | Liam Ezekiel

WLB: Takeo Spikes | Angelo Crowell | Daryl Towns

LCB: Terrence McGee | Jabari Greer | Therrian Fontenot | Rob Lee | Lawrence Richardson

SS: Lawyer Milloy | Coy Wire | Marvin Ward | Daniel Ledger    

FS: Troy Vincent | Rashad Baker | Justin Leonhard

RCB: Nate Clements | Kevin Thomas | Eric King | Evan Oglesby

Add Lindell, Moorman and Dorenbos and that's what I think will be our 53 come opening day...

Oh and Kevin Everett will be on the PUP for a long while and then maybe Neufeld will have to be cut to make room for him if he comes back this season

How can they still mark Joe Burns as our main backup when he's been working with the 3rd team and has been terrible so far? Shaud Williams is definitely number 1 right now and Gates and Lee have done much better than Burns IMO.

no backup for schobel?

the RB decision is going to be very difficult. also, you have them keeping only 9 O-linemen...i think they have to go with 10. unless he completely flops, i see them keeping geisinger -- followed by smith.

nice list to work from...good job.

no backup for schobel?

the RB decision is going to be very difficult.  also, you have them keeping only 9 O-linemen...i think they have to go with 10.  unless he completely flops, i see them keeping geisinger -- followed by smith.

397973[/snapback]

He's been pretty bad so far. I see him making the practice squad.

no backup for schobel?

the RB decision is going to be very difficult.  also, you have them keeping only 9 O-linemen...i think they have to go with 10.  unless he completely flops, i see them keeping geisinger -- followed by smith.

397973[/snapback]

I personally think we'll have at least 3 if not 4 TE's on the roster (Neufeld being versatile enough to fill a couple of spots) so we'll not have room for 10 OL.

Geisinger is a shot to make the team that I was 50/50 on - but I think he;s cut and brought back to the PS most likely. Our spare OL will be on the PS so we can chop and change who we have alll season.

As for Schobels backup - I think Denney will backup both DE positions - we went into last season with only 3 DEs - so I can see us doing it again - which would create a roster spot for another OL - but I think more likely is that Gause or Ritzmann will make the team to backup AS... I opted for Gause for now - I think he;s got size that Ritzmann doesn't, but depending on performance I guess Ritzmann could take it.

Interesting - good work.

I think they keep one more RB - probably Burns (he surprises us every year by making the team), and release Jonathan Smith, who has become expendable with Parrish.

I also think Leonhard somehow makes it (perhaps on the PS), and Ezekial makes the practice squad.

There is no way Bannan makes the team, IMO.

The list also looks pretty good to me. It does raise a couple of marginal questions though:

1. The Bills off-season interest in Anthony Thomas at back-up RB (a battle we lost to Dallas) is an indicator to me of the correct import we put in having a plan B if WM goes down. It is interesting to me you feel Rashard Lee (the booby prize when Dallas signing Thomas made him available) is going to get cut. He certainly will get a chance to stick and the pre-pre talk about him has been good. I'm curious to hear any camp observations on his play and will be watching RB for fallout when the exhibitions happen. Since you cut Burns as well (unlikely as the braintrust seems to like his ST work and they made a proactive decision to resign him when he was gone as a Bill briefly this off-season. I'd be surprised if it played out this way unless Shaud Williams showed an awful lot this pre-season.

2. It would be unusual for the Bills to cut draft choice Geisinger completely this early. He clearly would represent a big mistake by the braintrust unless he at least makes the PS this year.

3. Agreed Bannan likely to be gone but this mostly says good things about Edwards and Anderson stepping up.

4. Agreed that I think we may go with Schobel alone on the depth chart at RDE, but again this speaks highly for the most part of the work that Denney is and has done rather than a belief that Schobel is the new Bruce.

5. It does not look good for Smith's hopes of making the team if he is back to G on the depth chart. The switch to having him as a T (where he ended up on the depth chart and playing toward the scuttlebutt that he was strangely better at pass pro than run blocking and this switch occured in the real world also as he lined up at T in the last game or two.

In general though I think your guesstimate is a correct one.

The list also looks pretty good to me. It does raise a couple of marginal questions though:

1. The Bills off-season interest in Anthony Thomas at back-up RB (a battle we lost to Dallas) is an indicator to me of the correct import we put in having a plan B if WM goes down. It is interesting to me you feel Rashard Lee (the booby prize when Dallas signing Thomas made him available) is going to get cut.  He certainly will get a chance to stick and the pre-pre talk about him has been good. I'm curious to hear any camp observations on his play and will be watching RB for fallout when the exhibitions happen.  Since you cut Burns as well (unlikely as the braintrust seems to like his ST work and they made a proactive decision to resign him when he was gone as a Bill briefly this off-season. I'd be surprised if it played out this way unless Shaud Williams showed an awful lot this pre-season.

I hear what you are saying - but Burns doesn't appear to be gaining any favour from the camp reports - whereas people have been fast to praise Gates and Williams. Lee on the other hand has appeared to have a fairly quiet camp to this point. I've not read anything to now to suggest the braintrust want to hang on to him with the emergence of Gates looking good. I just get a feeling Lee may not stick.

2. It would be unusual for the Bills to cut draft choice Geisinger completely this early.  He clearly would represent a big mistake by the braintrust unless he at least makes the PS this year.
Yeah my bad - I think he makes the PS really.

3.  Agreed Bannan likely to be gone but this mostly says good things about Edwards and Anderson stepping up.
I think Bannan makes the squad based on his versatility. That and the heavy DL rotation means we need 4 tackles.

In general though I think your guesstimate is a correct one.

398013[/snapback]

Thanks!

Is the Justin Bannan/Offensive Guard experiment officially over???

I think he makes the team regardless, he has proved to be a TEAM player, willing to do what the coaches ask of him. If he is that coachable, they will find a place for him as a backup. What some people lack in pure talent, they more than make up for in smarts.

I agree. If Shelton goes down Neufeld can fill the FB spot.

398124[/snapback]

Special teams have allowed him to hang around. As long as there is someone who can fill his role I would agree. I think his time is up. Plus they can stick the rook on the practice squad if he shows any potential.

Special teams have allowed him to hang around.  As long as there is someone who can fill his role I would agree.  I think his time is up.  Plus they can stick the rook on the practice squad if he shows any potential.

398126[/snapback]

Who asked you? Fag.

:lol: j/k

Good list except Wilson, Ward, and Osunde have all been performing well in camp.  One of them may make the team, somehow.

398142[/snapback]

Yes those three are having a solid camp. Uyi Osundi may make the team. Wilson grabs everything tossed his way also.