Forsberg to the Flyers

plenzmd1

CENTER ICE rocks! I get my Sabres at 7, and the Oilers at 10.

397796[/snapback]

It's even better on the west coast. Saturdays are fantastic. Me and bro in law have a barbacue on saturdays and watch the Leafs at 4pm and then on to the Sharks at 7pm.

For those of us with hate for all things and teams Philly

http://www.phillyteamsblow.com/

only thing they missed was the 8-0 spanking the Sabres put on im

398641[/snapback]

That was a beautiful thing to watch. As was the overtime win in that series where "Curtis Brown [went] top shelf where Mama keeps the cookies!" I was at that one. Good times leaving the arena, good times. :blink:

I might sound like a homer here but I actually think that Darcy is doing the right thing. Letting the "older" players get overpaid by teams such a Philly while the Sabres sit back and watch a large portion of the league overspend is not necessarily saying they are cheap. They are letting the market play itself out. The Sabres have decided to build from within and stick to the youth theory while other teams invest a lot of money for older players that might not be able to play the "new" style of hockey. The Sabres have a lot of young, aggresive and most of all, quick talent on their roster and in the system. They are a team that is built for the "new" style and doesn't necessarily have to go after the older, veteran players that might not be able to keep up as the season progresses. I say stay away from all the elderly big name players and scoop up any young ones that might slip through the cracks.

I might sound like a homer here but I actually think that Darcy is doing the right thing. Letting the "older" players get overpaid by teams such a Philly while the Sabres sit back and watch a large portion of the league overspend is not necessarily saying they are cheap. They are letting the market play itself out. The Sabres have decided to build from within and stick to the youth theory while other teams invest a lot of money for older players that might not be able to play the "new" style of hockey. The Sabres have a lot of young, aggresive and most of all, quick talent on their roster and in the system. They are a team that is built for the "new" style and doesn't necessarily have to go after the older, veteran players that might not be able to keep up as the season progresses. I say stay away from all the elderly big name players and scoop up any young ones that might slip through the cracks.

398658[/snapback]

Is that why their only signing was a 38-year-old blueliner?

Only bustin'. I kind of agree with you actually.

Is that why their only signing was a 38-year-old blueliner?

Only bustin'.  I kind of agree with you actually.

398660[/snapback]

I should have clarified my post by saying that adding a veteran player that the team isn't built around never hurts. A solid veteran on a young team only helps the team get stronger both in the locker room and on the ice.

Here you go fellow Flyers Haters:

Peter Forsberg UFA (Colorado) $5.75 million

Mike Rathje UFA (San Jose) $3.5 million

Derian Hatcher UFA (Detroit) $3.5 million

Keith Primeau $3.42 million

Eric Desjardins $2.28 million

Michal Handzus $2.128 million

Donald Brashear $1.748 million

Mike Knuble $1.52 million

Sami Kapanen $1.52 million

Turner Stevenson $1.254 million

Joni Pitkanen $900,600

Mattias Timander $608,000

Chris Therien UFA (Dallas) $500,000

Jon Sim UFA (Pittsburgh) $450,000

14 Players- $29,078,600

Jeff Carter Signed rookie deal Undisclosed

Mike Richards Signed rookie deal Undisclosed

Jeremy Roenick traded to Los Angeles for future considerations

Restricted Free Agents: Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson, Randy Jones, Freddy Meyer, David Printz, Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp, Wade Skolney.

Unrestricted Free Agents: John LeClair (Bought Out), Tony Amonte (Bought Out/Signed with Calgary), Sean Burke, Jeff Hackett, Claude Lapointe, Vladimir Malakhov (Signed with New Jersey), Marcus Ragnarsson, Alexei Zhamnov (Signed with Boston), John Slaney, Boyd Kane, Neil Little, Ryan Ready, Nick Deschenes, Jeff Smith, Radovan Somik, Peter White.

Flyers are less than $10 million under the salary cap and have 8 players including two goalies to sign.

Restricted Free Agents: Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson, Randy Jones, Freddy Meyer, David Printz, Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp, Wade Skolney.

Freddy Meyer is a hack!

Yeah, none of you will know what I'm talking about, but I couldn't resist.