Forsberg to the Flyers

plenzmd1

Been standing by Darcy up until now, but this is getting silly. Dam, just cancel this year as well and give the Cup to the stinkin Flyers. Oh, yea, BTW, pecahead traded to the oilers, who just got Pronger yesterday, and BTW, is a smaller city than Buffalo. Know this belongs on the Sabres board, but dam , this is really starting to bite

Just get rid of the goddamn team if you do not want to compete. Why the fug did we sit out a dam year when nothing is changing. Unbelievable how 3 days ago I was filled with optimism and now I'm looking at who might be avaialable with the first pick next year

I can believe that the hockey season starts tomorrow...oh wait, thats right, it doesn't start until October.

DOOOOOMED!!!!

PS -

JP threw a pick in practice today!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

397707[/snapback]

Dude, not even close to the same.Think the Sabtres are even in the same planet as the Flyers now? Like I said, this morning , yes this morning, I said give Dracy some slack, they are looking to next year when some younger guys become unrestricted. But, it is being reported that in addition to the flyers getting forsberg, they are trading Gagne and someone else for the rights to Thornton. They are kiiling it and being aggresive while Darcy is sitting back waiting for guys who are not gonna be there.

It is apparant he misjudged the market, plain and simple. Now if their plan is to wait to next year, come out and say it, cause I'm telling you the shift from optism to pessimism in three days is gonna doom this team at the box office. Not saying he is wrong waiting for next year, but the fans expected the Sabres to be competitive THIS year, and expectations can kill ya.

Dude, not even close to the same.Think the Sabtres are even in the same planet as the Flyers now? Like I said, this morning , yes this morning, I said give Dracy some slack, they are looking to next year when some younger guys become unrestricted. But, it is being reported that in addition to the flyers getting forsberg, they are trading Gagne and someone else for the rights to Thornton. They are kiiling it and being aggresive while Darcy is sitting back waiting for guys who are not gonna be there.

It is apparant he misjudged the market, plain and simple. Now if their plan is to wait to next year, come out and say it, cause I'm telling you the shift from optism to pessimism in three days is gonna doom this team at the box office. Not saying he is wrong waiting for next year, but the fans expected the Sabres to be competitive THIS year, and expectations can kill ya.

397722[/snapback]

So they become the Washington Redskins of the NHL. All of these names don't mean squat at the end of the day.

According to tsn.ca, the Flyers are over the salary cap right now!

They should be allowed go over the cap regardless. TSN says babber mouth Roenick will be shipped to LA to bring them back under the cap.

Would be nice to at least read that we lost out in biding for someone. However, I haven't read one creditable rumor about the Sabres and free agency.

397722[/snapback]

Believe me I know it can be frustrating, I wish they would have signed a couple of guys so we had something to get excited about. We just aren't in the same position a lot of teams are in though. We already have a bunch of guys under contract for next season. The Sabres have their roster, for the most part. I still have faith that Darcy will bring a couple guys before camp. I never expected a Forsberg or Madano.

Believe me I know it can be frustrating, I wish they would have signed a couple of guys so we had something to get excited about. We just aren't in the same position a lot of teams are in though. We already have a bunch of guys under contract for next season. The Sabres have their roster, for the most part. I still have faith that Darcy will bring a couple guys before camp. I never expected a Forsberg or Madano.

397737[/snapback]

I know your right, and it is frustrating. But I just hate to see one team loading up and the Sabres just not doing anything. Oh well, guess i will save some money by not ordering center ice. Wait whom I kidding, of course I'll order it. Go Sabres!!!!!!

I'm glad the sabres arent overspending, but i would love to even hear a rumor that we are looking at someone...anyone...this sitting still and doing nothing is very frustrating, and its kinda tough to become excited when we've missed the playoffs 3 years in a row, and have done nothing but get rid of decent players (not saying we should've kept satan and sh!tdick, but the point is we lodt them)

This is a typical boneheaded move by Clarke. Forsberg is injury prone and getting older. The trio of slow footed defencemen he just signed (Therion, Hatcher, and Rathje) is ill advised considering that the new NHL is bound to be hard on bad skating defencemen. Take my word for it, Ive seen Rathje up close going to a fair amount of Shark games. He is vulnerable to speedy forwards because his side to side movement is sloth like.

This is a typical boneheaded move by Clarke. Forsberg is injury prone and getting older. The trio of slow footed defencemen he just signed (Therion, Hatcher, and Rathje) is ill advised considering that the new NHL is bound to be hard on bad skating defencemen. Take my word for it, Ive seen Rathje up close going to a fair amount of Shark games. He is vulnerable to speedy forwards because his  side to side movement  is sloth like.

397784[/snapback]

I agree about the big slow footed d-men. Clarke has been a bad GM for too many years to remember. Considering the budget that he has to work with, the Flyers have received very little return on their investment over the years.

Incidentally, here's a nice summary of how Clarke basically gave the Avs two Stanley Cups and ensured more than a decade of frustration in Philly.

So looking down the line, Quebec received Forsberg, Roy, Tanguay, Blake and other key players for Lindros. The Flyers, for their part, got a 1995 Hart Trophy win from Lindros and a trip to the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals, where they were beat by Detroit. They also got their own fair share of headaches from “Big E” (pun not intended), and ended up trading Lindros to the New York Rangers, the team who was ready to deal with Quebec in the first place.

According to tsn.ca, the Flyers are over the salary cap right now!

They should be allowed go over the cap regardless.  TSN says babber mouth Roenick will be shipped to LA to bring them back under the cap.

Would be nice to at least read that we lost out in biding for someone.  However, I haven't read one creditable rumor about the Sabres and free agency.

397728[/snapback]

Technically they're not over. The cap is not on payroll, it's on total money spent over during the season. A team, like say Philly, could have a $40 million payroll for the first half of the season and then unload $4 million worth of players for the second half and they'd be ok. The same could go for a team with a $28 million payroll for the first half of the season. They could add up to $20 million worth of payroll for the second half and still not go over the cap.

I saw this mentioned in an article last week, but I have no idea where it was.

I know your right, and it is frustrating. But I just hate to see one team loading up and the Sabres just not doing anything. Oh well, guess i will save some money by not ordering center ice. Wait whom I kidding, of course I'll order it. Go Sabres!!!!!!

397755[/snapback]

CENTER ICE rocks! I get my Sabres at 7, and the Oilers at 10.