Leaving on vacation

aussiew

Go to Fadós Irish Pub....I was there this past weekend and the place was top notch as far as decor/entertainment.....and beer :lol:

395893[/snapback]

That is a great place! It is authentic and parts were moved to Chicago from Ireland.

Back in 1998 we went for the Bloomsday (June 16th) reading of Joyce's Ulysses.

Well, all was fine and dandy. My wife was almost 9 month's (about 2.5 weeks away from her due date) pregnant with our first child... Half way through my salmon and third Harp she announced "I think my water broke." She went to the bathroom with the friend she was with and back real soon... In the meantime knowing my dinner was gonna be cut short, proceeded to finish such a fine dinner REAL fast!

Good thing the pub was darkly lit... Maybe the stain on on the seat is still there? Of course when I went to get the car, I had old blankets! :doh::)

A real fine place... Real fine to me!

:):lol:

Guess I'll have to hold down Texas all by myself this week. 

You must be doing a good job Beerball. Texas is still there.

We've partied all we can here in the Windy City - I'd forgotten what a great place this is. We head north to Green Bay tomorrow morning.

:)

We've partied all we can here in the Windy City - I'd forgotten what a great place this is. We head north to Green Bay tomorrow morning.

398942[/snapback]

We'll be watching for you!

398942[/snapback]

Years ago my friends and I used to call people like you "a pisser." It was a compliment.

You're a pisser, Gidge.

OK - it's almost midnight and we went to Fado's. Nice - but a little quiet for two old chicks lookin' for excitement. So we went over to the Redhead Piano Bar on Ontario. It was a blast. Lot's of sing-a-long stuff.

Now gotta' pack and I've had way too many vodkas.