Been to Baltimore?

Not Bills related but my wife and I are going to Baltimore next weekend for 5 days. I heard the inner harbor is awesome there. Maybe someday Buffalo's inner harbor will compare.

Anyway if you've been there I would love to hear some suggestions for places to eat or things to view. The O's are playing TampaBay and planned to go see the game. Plus I saw there is an espn zone there.

Thanks.

Don't drink the water.....rumor has it Steroids are in the water. ;)

395323[/snapback]

:D:doh::)

The inner harbor is awesome. Lots to do. Just park and walk and you will find plenty of things to keep you busy.

There's a pretty cool club there too called Bohagers... It's like 15 bucks for cover and all you can drink once inside. :doh:

We used to go for an annual convention at the inner harbor, great place. Lots of shopping and great foods. The aquarium is a must, and I'm not even a big fish/zoo guy, a very impressive aquarium all the same. If you have kids, there is a science center at the opposite end of the walk from the aquarium. Also a good place to check out.

Have fun!

R. Rich would be your expert.

I lived up there a couple of years. In addition to the above, just walking Fells Point on a nice day is good. Lots of little shops, small but nice places to eat, etc.

Plenty of places for decent food. Another spot we used to love for seafood was Moe's Seafood and Pasta factory. Check out the one on Abermarle. Little Italy is right there and has several good, authentic places. There's a Greek Town a little further out with some great food as well. Fort McHenry is there as well, Start Spangled Banner and all that.

One of the bartenders at the ESPN zone is a Bills and Sabers fan. Get into the conversation, and she's liable to comp you one or two. You'll know her by her name tag.

I don't know about anyone else, but 5 days on inner harbor might be a little too much time. There are other things to see and do around the area. Maybe drive to Havre de Grace for a nice relaxing day on the water at the mouth of the bay, or head the other way and walk the mall in DC.

Not Bills related but my wife and I are going to Baltimore next weekend for 5 days. I heard the inner harbor is awesome there. Maybe someday Buffalo's inner harbor will compare.

Anyway if you've been there I would love to hear some suggestions for places to eat or things to view. The O's are playing TampaBay and planned to go see the game. Plus  I saw there is an espn zone there.

Thanks.

395322[/snapback]

Go to the Aqurium and if you like seafood go to the Legal Seafood down there --- both good stuff. Also, if you like baseball check out Camden Yards -- great place for a game.

Last thing --- DON'T EAT AT HARD ROCK CAFE!!!!

Good luck

395336[/snapback]

The Aquarium is a must. Great place!

Legal Seafood is okay, but there's plenty of other places (I'd choose G&M in Linthicum, out by the airport) that have seafood as good, if not better.

I've never been to Camden Yards, as I haven't been a baseball fan for about a decade now.

Hard Rock is overpriced and extremely noisy, but I've been to worse places.

My suggestions?

Eat: G&M, if you like seafood. If you want to eat some place in the harbor, check out the Cheesecake Factory. They have a very good selection and the food is first rate.

Sights: The Inner Harbor, Aquarium, and Science Center are all good places to see, but there are other great sites. The Great Blacks on Wax Museum is nice, but it's not near the harbor (it's close to where my office is). The Babe Ruth Museum isn't that far from the harbor and I hear it's nice as well. There's also Fort McHenry, Fells Point (the Admiral Fell Inn has excellent food!!), or the Power Plant Live (where they have some nice nightclubs and the Improv comedy club, among other places).

If you want, drop me a PM and maybe the wife and I could meet you guys for dinner some evening.

I lived up there a couple of years. In addition to the above, just walking Fells Point on a nice day is good. Lots of little shops, small but nice places to eat, etc.

Plenty of places for decent food. Another spot we used to love for seafood was Moe's Seafood and Pasta factory. Check out the one on Abermarle. Little Italy is right there and has several good, authentic places. There's a Greek Town a little further out with some great food as well. Fort McHenry is there as well, Start Spangled Banner and all that.

One of the bartenders at the ESPN zone is a Bills and Sabers fan. Get into the conversation, and she's liable to comp you one or two. You'll know her by her name tag.

I don't know about anyone else, but 5 days on inner harbor might be a little too much time. There are other things to see and do around the area. Maybe drive to Havre de Grace for a nice relaxing day on the water at the mouth of the bay, or head the other way and walk the mall in DC.

395357[/snapback]

Nobody has mistaken me for any kind of 'expert' on Baltimore, but since I've lived and worked in this area since 1998, I know a few spots.

395357[/snapback]

One day in Baltimore might be a little too much. :doh:

Well, that and the ESPN Zone staff wears a tag with their favorite team. Hers says Sabers. She used to date one of the players.

395382[/snapback]

The few times we've been the the Zone recently, we weren't downstairs long enough to see who was working there. We usually just go upstairs for the arcade part. They've changed their menu a lot, and it's just not the same quality they had when they opened.

The few times we've been the the Zone recently, we weren't downstairs long enough to see who was working there.  We usually just go upstairs for the arcade part.  They've changed their menu a lot, and it's just not the same quality they had when they opened.

395387[/snapback]

Good info. Quality wasn't that fantastic when they DID open, but it wasn't bad. You ever eat at Mo's Rich?

Anyway if you've been there I would love to hear some suggestions for places to eat or things to view. The O's are playing TampaBay and planned to go see the game. Plus  I saw there is an espn zone there.

Thanks.

395322[/snapback]

Have not been since I moved from DC, but just some quick suggestions. Very touristy, but take the water Taxi to the Rusty Scupper for drinks at happy hour. Right on the water. Do not eat there unless you like fried, heavy batter seafood.

Federal Hill is a very cool neighborhood. I would definetely go here (the Market) for a happy hour as well. Used to be only of Fridays, but that may have changed. Good place for some oysters and calms and beers, then walk the neighborhood for a place to eat.

http://www.pps.org/gps/one?public_place_id=343.

A good way to get to many of the places mentioned, including Fells Point, Fort McHenry and Canton is via water taxi. You can walk to Little Italy and Federal Hill from the Inner Harbor.

My wife and I particularly like Fells Point, with its cobblestone streets, small pubs, restaurants and shops.

Good info. Quality wasn't that fantastic when they DID open, but it wasn't bad. You ever eat at Mo's Rich?

395394[/snapback]

I haven't been to Mo's in a while. The last time I was there was for a co-worker's promotion dinner. They had the buffet spread out for us, and they had a live band playing that was pretty decent. One of the guys who was upstairs where our party was got up from his table (where he and a lady friend were dining), took the guitar from one of the musicians who was playing while wandering through the crowd, and started jamming! It was a nice time.

Have not been since I moved from DC, but just some quick suggestions. Very touristy, but take the water Taxi to the Rusty Scupper for drinks at happy hour. Right on the water. Do not eat there unless you like fried, heavy batter seafood.

Federal Hill is a very cool neighborhood. I would definetely go here (the Market) for a happy hour as well. Used to be only of Fridays, but that may have changed. Good place for some oysters and calms and beers, then walk the neighborhood for a place to eat.

http://www.pps.org/gps/one?public_place_id=343.

395399[/snapback]

I have to disagree w/ your take on the Scupper's food. I happen to think they have outstanding food. Their cream of crab soup is the finest I've tasted in the area, and I love their scallops (my favorite seafood item and a MUST if I go out for seafood), which are not breaded or batter fried.

I have to disagree w/ your take on the Scupper's food.  I happen to think they have outstanding food.  Their cream of crab soup is the finest I've tasted in the area, and I love their scallops (my favorite seafood item and a MUST if I go out for seafood), which are not breaded or batter fried.

395488[/snapback]

what do you know about food?