THIS IS WAR!!

Justice

I need to get this s**t off of my chest.

This also goes out to any trouble making bastards that cheer louder for #10 than #7 every single time Holcomb makes a play. I don't have a problem with cheering him on BUT, you guys are the same dudes that didn't give RJ a chance from DAY ONE (he's from California, he didn't buy a house in Buffalo), just like you're doing to JPL.

Some of you people make up your mind to like or dislike somebody right away. Give JP a chance. He deserves the right. The guy has been busting his a** all off- season and what am I hearing ALREADY. The guy is rusty, he looks nervous, his throws aren't accurate. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, WAAA, WAAA, WAAA. Just shut up and let the guy play. Stop planting your seeds of negativity into the guy's head. Give the guy a WEEK at least. Did you master your job the first day? NO. So give the guy some leeway.

Even if we suck this year. Let JP play through it. It will only make us better in the future.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read intently till i got to the part about RJ. I think you have to realize that there are just going to be people on this board who will watch and wait for the first mistake by the starter and then find the first good thing the backup does on the field, only to declare the backup better than the starter. It's a simple formula that you'll just have to learn to live with.

First off, lighten up Francis.

Second off it was stupid for the management and coaches to name Jp the starter before the year, especially if he sucks the place up and Holcomb beats him in every aspect of the game. If that happens the caches would have to look stupid and start Holcomb or risk a riot on the part of the fans.

That said, I sure the hell hope Losman does well, but I hope Matthews and Holcomb do well just in case. But clearly I want Loman to win the job on his own merits.

This also goes out to any trouble making bastards that cheer louder for #10 than #7 every single time Holcomb makes a play. I don't have a problem with cheering him on BUT, you guys are the same dudes that didn't give RJ a chance from DAY ONE (he's from California, he didn't buy a house in Buffalo), just like you're doing to JPL.

Some of you people make up your mind to like or dislike somebody right away. Give JP a chance. He deserves the right. The guy has been busting his a** all off- season and what am I hearing ALREADY. The guy is rusty, he looks nervous, his throws aren't accurate. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, WAAA, WAAA, WAAA. Just shut up and let the guy play. Stop planting your seeds of negativity into the guy's head. Give the guy a WEEK at least. Did you master your job the first day? NO. So give the guy some leeway.

Even if we suck this year. Let JP play through it. It will only make us better in the future.

394945[/snapback]

Thanks for letting me know what my opinion should be. Maybe you could have told me what to think before I went out and bought my Holcomb jersey.

"I think you have to realize that there are just going to be people on this board who will watch and wait for the first mistake by the starter and then find the first good thing the backup does on the field, only to declare the backup better than the starter."

Then the backup fails, and they scream for the starter. Some people are never satisfied......

First off, lighten up Francis.

Second off it was stupid for the management and coaches to name Jp the starter before the year, especially if he sucks the place up and Holcomb beats him in every aspect of the game.  If that happens the caches would have to look stupid and start Holcomb or risk a riot on the part of the fans. 

That said, I sure the hell hope Losman does well, but I hope Matthews and Holcomb do well just in case.  But clearly I want Loman to win the job on his own merits.

394948[/snapback]

I agree. JP didn't want to the starting job handed to him either. They're (the management) putting way too much pressure on the kid.

That said, I sure the hell hope Losman does well, but I hope Matthews and Holcomb do well just in case.  But clearly I want Loman to win the job on his own merits.

394948[/snapback]

I've got no doubts that losman will be at least an adequate starting QB. He's going to struggle during the beginning of training camp as he works out his first year kinks. Kelly holcomb is not a 16 game starting qb, so KH starting over JP won't really be an issue. Good thing for us that the NFL network will be showing the scrimmage live on friday. we can all set our tivos and critique them afterwards.

394945[/snapback]

Well said. I cant stand the posters who insist that JP must play like a HOFer from day 1 in camp or else they consider him a bust. JP is going to need time to develop and he will have bumps in the road along the way. Infortuantely, there will always be those people who will ditch at the first sign of trouble and call for his head.

JP is AWESOME!

I think each member of the board should pitch in 10 cents and get him a gift subscription to Playgirl sent to his downtown condo. Gotta keep the best QB in the league happy!

394956[/snapback]

Maybe you can pull the "invite a friend" coupon out of one of yours... 0:)

394945[/snapback]

Thanks for putting me right. Now can you tell me what I'm supposed to think about Roscoe Parrish? 0:)

No, I'd prefer a lengthy one.  Please keep in mind, when giving me the opinions I'm supposed to have, that I prefer them to be detailed and well thought out.

395002[/snapback]

Well there goes any chance of me speaking for you... 0:)

Second off it was stupid for the management and coaches to name Jp the starter before the year...

394948[/snapback]

Two things immediately come to mind why I think this was a positive thing to do, one it frees JP up to learn the offense - and it puts KH in the position of mentor along with Shane Matthews. They understand their role is to assist him and help him see things out there, in short to develop as quickly as possible, rather than setting them up in an adversarial relationship in which they are keeping the things they see to themselves in order to win the starting job.

The second thing is, from a GM standpoint, creating a buzz about JP is going to help sell season tickets. They had to justify to the fans the reason for getting rid of Drew Bledsoe was that they had something better for gameday.

Just my thoughts.

No, I'd prefer a lengthy one.  Please keep in mind, when giving me the opinions I'm supposed to have, that I prefer them to be detailed and well thought out.

395002[/snapback]

Roscoe is too short

Roscoe is too light

Roscoe is too fast (ball can't catch up to him)

Roscoe has bad hair

Roscoe went to The U

Roscoe dropped a ball once somewhere

Roscoe has the uber agent in his corner

Roscoe might replace Clements on PR duty

Roscoe needs to improve on his route running

Roscoe can only play in the slot

Roscoe ate a piece of Big Mike's chicken--then he ran away like a little girl

Roscoe is bowlegged

Roscoe is knock kneeeeed

Roscoe looks too good in tight pants

Roscoe can't block

Roscoe once tripped over the 27 yard line

Roscoe once dated a 15 year old girl

That's all I got on him.

395002[/snapback]

Sorry - it was a poor attempt - "short", as in "Roscoe is a short person". :P

Why are you geting involved in this "Am too!!! Are not!!!" thread in the first place? 0:):lol:

Ha ha ha - good one, Beerball :P

Edited by stuckincincy