Gotta Admit, JP's Performance is Concerning...

I am worried about JP as well. Careers are made and lost on first practices after being named starters. All the great ones...Starr, Montana, Elway, Manning..all had great first practices after being named the starter.

JP is already behind....Collins, Johnson, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, Flutie--add the name Losman to the pile of unsuccessful Kelly replacements. Into the abyss...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those hours he's been putting in...all the talk of him hanging out with Wyche and working around the clock and carrying a briefcase, and WHAT?

Some see an amazing catch by Parrish and I see a poorly thrown ball by a guy who shouldn't be throwing a ball that poorly.

And two picks? And four sacks? Where's the elusiveness? Where's the strong arm? Where's the JP we've all been waiting for? This kids getting some big bucks and he better start getting it together now because we don't have any time to waste.

It's bad enough we've got a left tackle getting spun around like a NYC subway turnstile. J Mac better have something up his sleeve at that spot because it's obvious JP has enough problems trying to throw a football in practice, let alone worrying about his blind side all season.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

I am worried about JP as well.  Careers are made and lost on first practices after being named starters.  All the great ones...Starr, Montana, Elway, Manning..all had great first practices after being named the starter. 

JP is already behind....Collins, Johnson, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, Flutie--add the name Losman to the pile of unsuccessful Kelly replacements.  Into the abyss...

394515[/snapback]

And they say sarcasm doesn't translate well on a message board. :D

All those hours he's been putting in...all the talk of him hanging out with Wyche and working around the clock and carrying a briefcase, and WHAT?

Some see an amazing catch by Parrish and I see a poorly thrown ball by a guy who shouldn't be throwing a ball that poorly.

And two picks? And four sacks? Where's the elusiveness? Where's the strong arm? Where's the JP we've all been waiting for? This kids getting some big bucks and he better start getting it together now because we don't have any time to waste.

It's bad enough we've got a left tackle getting spun around like a NYC subway turnstile. J Mac better have something up his sleeve at that spot because it's obvious JP has enough problems trying to throw a football in practice, let alone worrying about his blind side all season.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised that some lamebrain would already be willing to throw JP to the curb after just a couple of practices but I am.

You need a valium, because maybe, just maybe, JP was a little overhyped. I bet he overthrows a lot of receivers this year and throw many god awfuls picks. But then again, that's part of being a rookie QB (and he's really a rookie). Let him learn, make his maistakes and hopefully learn from them. All good QB went through a nasty learning curve.

god, after day of camp!

It's moulds that I'm worried about.  I haven't read one positive comment about his perfomance.  Plenty about Evans and #11, but nothing about Moulds.  Someone even mentioned Reed having a great practice.  Moulds has lost it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted.

394488[/snapback]

I don't think his 88 catches from last year merit any special consideration this year. Look for him to be back on special teams.

It's too early to say anything, of course.

But I'd really rather he looked great than looked average.  But he doesn't seem like a practice kind of player anyway.

394485[/snapback]

And if he looked great, someone wound be moaning about the defense!!! Oh my, a second year QB, (really a rookie), is beating the crap out of our defense...oh where oh where is Pat W. we're doooomed!!

Relax boys and girls or you'll never make it to preseason... :D

Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised that some lamebrain would already be willing to throw JP to the curb after just a couple of practices but I am.

You need a valium, because maybe, just maybe, JP was a little overhyped.  I bet he overthrows a lot of receivers this year and throw many god awfuls picks.  But then again, that's part of being a rookie QB (and he's really a rookie).  Let him learn, make his maistakes and hopefully learn from them.  All good QB went through a nasty learning curve.

god, after day of camp!

394519[/snapback]

No. He is not a rookie.

Labz, I'm surprised atchoo. It was one practice. His first as The Man. How many first time starters looked brilliant in their first camp, let alone their first practice as #1?

You're smart. You know better than to start worrying NOW.

He looked great in preseason LAST YEAR. Right now he also has other players making mistakes, too. He'll improve as they play. He's a gamer. I bet he'll always perform better in games than in practice.

Give the kid some time before you start worrying. He's going to make his mistakes and some of them will be doozies. But I believe we'll all agree at the end of the season that he gave us a better chance to win games than Drew.

And he'll be better than any of THIS year's rookie QBs, which will further add weight to the "The trade for JP was brilliant" theory, to which I subscribe.

Have a beer, Labz.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. And we all know it's Ralph Wilson's fault.

If he wasn't so boner-mad in love with Bledsoe all along maybe DonnaHo would have drafted a real Quarterback instead of this stupid kid who never played the position since his Pop Warner days.

Oh the humanity!

Ralph, please sell the team to your business friends in Salt Lake City now! Save us the embarassment, the humiliation and yes, abject horror of another non-playoff season.

Please. We're begging you! Do it for our sake. I just can't take another incomplete pass. Not one! 0:)

Labz, I'm surprised atchoo. It was one practice. His first as The Man. How many first time starters looked brilliant in their first camp, let alone their first practice as #1?

You're smart. You know better than to start worrying NOW.

He looked great in preseason LAST YEAR. Right now he also has other players making mistakes, too. He'll improve as they play. He's a gamer. I bet he'll always perform better in games than in practice.

Give the kid some time before you start worrying. He's going to make his mistakes and some of them will be doozies. But I believe we'll all agree at the end of the season that he gave us a better chance to win games than Drew.

And he'll be better than any of THIS year's rookie QBs, which will further add weight to the "The trade for JP was brilliant" theory, to which I subscribe.

Have a beer, Labz.

394558[/snapback]

I'm surprised at you, too, bro. I thought for sure by now you'd recognize my sarcasm. 0:)

I couldn't agree more. And we all know it's Ralph Wilson's fault.

If he wasn't so boner-mad in love with Bledsoe all along maybe DonnaHo would have drafted a real Quarterback instead of this stupid kid who never played the position since his Pop Warner days.

Oh the humanity!

Ralph, please sell the team to your business friends in Salt Lake City now! Save us the embarassment, the humiliation and yes, abject horror of another non-playoff season.

Please. We're begging you! Do it for our sake. I just can't take another incomplete pass. Not one!  0:)

394569[/snapback]

I agree with this, lets just hope day 2 of practice turns this around, if the guy still looks rusty on day 3 of practice I will sell my tickets.