Teague - 72

Villarrial - 76

Williams - 72

The only ones in the 80's. We have noone in the 90's:

Clements is the highest at 89

Spikes - 87

Adams - 86

Shobel - 82

Things do not look so good on paper if this is how we are ranked.

Okay I'll ask.........Who the heck is New Sports Inc, and why should I care how they rank guys? :blush:

393064[/snapback]

They are an independant ranking system that evaluates all players in the league. They tend for the most part to be fairly accurate, and give a pretty good assessment of each player.

What is the significance of Sports Inc.? Are they like the magazines that rate draft prospects on the franchise player to camp fodder scale?

Who is the highest rated player in the league?

393063[/snapback]

Highest rated is Manning at 98

At 97 is Moss, Brady and Ray Lewis.

They are an independant ranking system that evaluates all players in the league.  They tend for the most part to be fairly accurate, and give a pretty good assessment of each player.

393067[/snapback]

Well nothing against New Sports Inc, but I think Madden came closer than these clowns.

Well nothing against New Sports Inc, but I think Madden came closer than these clowns.

393072[/snapback]

It's Sports, Inc. The new was capitalized since it was at the beginning of the sentence.

Oh and this folks have a pretty good rep. Much better then the popularity contest that is Madden.

So I must wonder what flaw it is of McGahee's that keeps him at 78?

Do they factor in experience into the rating heavily or something?

393122[/snapback]

Here is the details on Mcgahee:

He must improve in the passing game. He has soft hands and is a threat in space after the catch, but he is not a smooth route runner. He doesn't do a good enough job of consistently separating. He lacks awareness as a blocker and doesn't seem to be confident in his assignments. He needs to shows better leverage at the POA and be more aggressive as a pass blocker. However, his blend of power and straight-line speed is outstanding. He has exceptional initial quickness and shows explosive burst through the hole. He is a slashing runner with very good patience. His vision is excellent. He bounces his runs outside quickly and he has a noticeable second-gear in the open field. Is slippery in a crowd and does a good job of keeping his legs driving. Always seems to be falling forward at the end of runs. He pushes the pile in short-yardage situations. Has excellent vision and feel near the goal line. Does a decent job of protecting the football.

Also they knock him down based on a concern of Durability.

BTW he is rated the #12 back in the league with LT, Lewis and Alexander 1,2 and 3 which I can't argue with.

It's Sports, Inc.  The new was capitalized since it was at the beginning of the sentence.

Oh and this folks have a pretty good rep.  Much better then the popularity contest that is Madden.

393073[/snapback]

When I've subscribed to ESPN insiders in the past, I've always found the player evaluations by Scouts Inc., to be both in-depth and pretty accurate. I'm not saying they are right on the money for every single player, but those who have never seen their work, shouldn't just trash them.

From the Bills, here are some selections:

Losman - 68

Mcgahee - 78

Mcgee - 69

Moulds - 74

Evans - 72

Our Oline is

Gandy - 70

Anderson - 72

Teague - 72

Villarrial - 76

Williams - 72

The only ones in the 80's.  We have noone in the 90's:

Clements is the highest at 89

Spikes - 87

Adams - 86

Shobel - 82

Things do not look so good on paper if this is how we are ranked.

393062[/snapback]

Im sure glad we don't play on paper. :blush:

Here, let's try something different:

From the Bills, here are some selections:

Losman - 98

Mcgahee - 100

Mcgee - 89

Moulds - 97

Evans - 95

Our Oline is

Gandy - 80

Anderson - 78

Teague - 87

Villarrial - 96

Williams - 97

Clements - 93

Spikes - 97

Adams - 89

Shobel - 93

Things look good on paper if this is how we are ranked.

393062[/snapback]

Now you all can say how brilliant and well informed the folks @ Sports Inc are.

Here, let's try something different:

Now you all can say how brilliant and well informed the folks @ Sports Inc are.

393142[/snapback]

Oh look another Madden player. Tell me again how many times you won the Super Bowl with Madden and made unbelieveable trades, and jeez why can'tTD do the samething. :blush:

:blush:

I thought it was Scouts, Inc.

And if it is the same people, I agree with VA, they're pretty good at evaluating. The McGahee bio was pretty damn accurate from where I sit. And for the individual ratings, there isn't a lot to argue with either. A lot of our enthusiasm is really based on potential. We really think Willis is going to explode, and that would erase the Scouts, Inc. (or Sports, Inc. if that is what they are now called) doubts about durability. We think Evans is going to explode, but it's hard to rate him right now with the top receivers. The defense is loaded with solid, talented guys, but they are not individual superstars. It doesn't count special teams or playing as a team or coaching or the fact there are two very good receivers side by side, or any of the stuff that makes a team win a lot of games. It's just isolated individual evaluations and those guys are good.

Of course, they did rate Rueben Brown in the top 3-4 in the league IIRC.

I thought it was Scouts, Inc.

And if it is the same people, I agree with VA, they're pretty good at evaluating. The McGahee bio was pretty damn accurate from where I sit. And for the individual ratings, there isn't a lot to argue with either. A lot of our enthusiasm is really based on potential. We really think Willis is going to explode, and that would erase the Scouts, Inc. (or Sports, Inc. if that is what they are now called) doubts about durability. We think Evans is going to explode, but it's hard to rate him right now with the top receivers. The defense is loaded with solid, talented guys, but they are not individual superstars. It doesn't count special teams or playing as a team or coaching or the fact there are two very good receivers side by side, or any of the stuff that makes a team win a lot of games. It's just isolated individual evaluations and those guys are good.

Of course, they did rate Rueben Brown in the top 3-4 in the league IIRC.

393178[/snapback]

Rueben is a 72 ranked tied for 26th now. :blush:

Villarrial is tied for 12th.

Rueben is  a 72 ranked tied for 26th now.  :blush:

Villarrial is tied for 12th.

393185[/snapback]

I was thinking of 3 or so years ago when everyone here was saying he was one of the worst players in the league. I used a Scouts, Inc. evaluation of him but no one really cared. :blush: