Dolphins rookie Wright breaks down during practice

That's cause he's not being pampered by Pete Carroll anymore, no more soft bullsh!t, he's in Saban's camp now.

391061[/snapback]

yeah, all that "soft bullsh!t" has only resulted in back to back national titles and a team that's favored to win their third in a row this season. i'll take that sort of "pampering" for my team any day. 0:)

That's cause he's not being pampered by Pete Carroll anymore, no more soft bullsh!t, he's in Saban's camp now.

391061[/snapback]

Pete Carroll is known for running the fastest-paced, most competetive practices. That's what happens when you're not Penn State and you actually play hungry freshman. I don't think pampering players is the way you win 33 of 34 games.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/print/collegefoo...ory/8638142/msr

I would cry too if I was a Dolphin.

Pete Carroll is known for running the fastest-paced, most competetive practices.  That's what happens when you're not Penn State and you actually play hungry freshman.  I don't think pampering players is the way you win 33 of 34 games.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/print/collegefoo...ory/8638142/msr

I would cry too if I was a Dolphin.

391099[/snapback]

It isn't that JoePa won't play freshmen, as you saw last year w/ Dan Connor and as you'll see that this year w/ Derrick Williams and Justin King. He'll do it if he has one worth starting. Recruiting has been a problem in recent years, especially in the skill positions, but hopefully w/ the Williams signing, that will be a thing of the past.

Yeah, maybe he's just a big baby like that other 'bellyacher', Korey Stringer, huh?

391081[/snapback]

Good point R. Rich - it did remind me of the game where Ray Lucas was crying vs the Bills though. I believe it was the snow game. That was awesome!!!

Good point R. Rich - it did remind me of the game where Ray Lucas was crying vs the Bills though. I believe it was the snow game. That was awesome!!!

391108[/snapback]

Yes, truely a GREAT memorey!!!!!! It's always great to see the BILLS make someone else cry instead of their own fans!!

It isn't that JoePa won't play freshmen, as you saw last year w/ Dan Connor and as you'll see that this year w/ Derrick Williams and Justin King.  He'll do it if he has one worth starting.  Recruiting has been a problem in recent years, especially in the skill positions, but hopefully w/ the Williams signing, that will be a thing of the past.

391107[/snapback]

Perhaps JoePa's recruiting troubles were linked to the fact that the elite players knew they would sit for a year if they went there. I certainly could be wrong about this, but I thought (in the past) JoePa had a policy of not playing freshman, especially if there was a senior in front of the kid. No link to confirm this, just what you always hear commentators say. Even some of my buddies who are PSU Alum say the same thing. Did guys like Levar Arrington start as freshman?

Anyways, I did hear he had some studs coming in this year who would make an impact. One of them is supposed to be as athletic as anyone in the country. I wonder if the success that teams like USC and LSU had playing young players impacted JoePa's decision to change his ways.

Perhaps JoePa's recruiting troubles were linked to the fact that the elite players knew they would sit for a year if they went there.  I certainly could be wrong about this, but I thought (in the past) JoePa had a policy of not playing freshman, especially if there was a senior in front of the kid.  No link to confirm this, just what you always hear commentators say.  Even some of my buddies who are PSU Alum say the same thing.  Did guys like Levar Arrington start as freshman? 

Anyways, I did hear he had some studs coming in this year who would make an impact.  One of them is supposed to be as athletic as anyone in the country.  I wonder if the success that teams like USC and LSU had playing young players impacted JoePa's decision to change his ways.

391147[/snapback]

Recruiting woes had more to do w/ the uncertainty of JoePa's future than the future of the players. He couldn't guarantee he'd be there when the kids would graduate, so he lost quite a few to other schools. He has signed an extension that gives him some stability and makes it a bit easier to recruit good players. The last couple of years have been very good recruiting years for Penn State, and it will only get better.

Nick Saban chewed out rookie DT Manny Wright yesterday. Manny who is 6 foot 6 and weighs 329 lbs walked off the field...........................crying.

Later, Saban, who more and more seems to talk out of both sides of his mouth, apologized to Manny. Kiss kiss kiss.

This team is like a bag of trail mix- it's full of fruits and nuts.

Why would this kid leave USC? He has a chance to play two more years for one of the better teams ever assembled and unless something darastic happens, they will most likely win again this year. And now he has to play for the Dolphins.

Why would this kid leave USC? He has a chance to play two more years for one of the better teams ever assembled and unless something darastic happens, they will most likely win again this year. And now he has to play for the Dolphins.

391387[/snapback]

He declared for the supplemental draft b/c he became academically ineligible, iirc. Now, in a program like that, they really pull all the strings they can and put him in cakewalk classes. Flunking out as an athlete takes something like PlayStation 24/7.