OT - LPGA a tad over-rated I think !

Have watched the women for the last few years .. both on TV and at the Rochester LPGA tournament .. my thoughts

1) Only the top 10-15 have any real chance to win week to week .. bottom 2/3 of the field is young and generally out of shape .. amazed how many have a roll around the waist.

2) Most can't putt to save their souls. Whwn someone loke Creamer or Ochao come along and can putt they dominat. Watch them putt and see if anyone sinks a putt over 10 feet.

3) they play such short courses ! Case in point they one they just played.

Par: 72

Yardage: 6,252

Hole-by-Hole: 1 - Par 4 364 yds 10 - Par 4 392 yds

2 - Par 3 149 yds 11 - Par 4 349 yds

3 - Par 4 359 yds 12 - Par 4 414 yds

4 - Par 4 374 yds 13 - Par 4 386 yds

5 - Par 4 313 yds 14 - Par 3 195 yds

6 - Par 4 386 yds 15 - Par 5 523 yds

7 - Par 5 514 yds 16 - Par 4 284 yds

8 - Par 3 170 yds 17 - Par 3 115 yds

9 - Par 5 490 yds 18 - Par 5 475 yds

------------- -------------

36 3,119 yds 36 3,133 yds

I mean the par 3's are 115, 149, 170 and 195. Thats almost the same as the little par 3 courses

and par 4's that are 284, 386, 349, 313, 359 ... those are short ! I would hope they can shoot under par !

Even the par 5's are not bad ... 490, 514, 475, and 523 ...

4) I watched the two leaders lay up on a 386 par 4 because they were afraid of sand traps around it .. and the gal that went for it and found the trap had a short birdie putt while they scrambled to make par. Big differance than the men.

In gemeral I think the women tour has few good players and maybe only 3-4 players that would rank maybe 70-75 on the mens tour.

Thoughts?

My thought is women are people too. They want to play fine. Until you or I can beat an LPGA player they are better than us.

My favs are Paula Creamer and Nicole Perot. Creamer won $365,000 yesterday in the Evian Classic. She's a great player, and very poised for 18 years old rookie. Were you pulling in $365K a week when you were 18? I wasn't.

You know ... I was willingto BET that someone would come up with that reply !!

They are people too .. gee thanks .. did not know that !!

"My thought is women are people too. They want to play fine. Until you or I can beat an LPGA player they are better than us."

And you are right .. I can't beat ANY of them .. but that sure does not make them pro's !! That last course actually had HARD greens .. if it had been LONG and those greens the poor women pro's would have shoot 100's !!

You did not bother to reply to the points I made .. so where was I wrong? have you ever watched them up close? I have sat at the same whole for a whole round and watched them approch it. Unless you are talking about the top dozen or so most blunder there way around. At least in the other women's sports the level of play seems higher.

Look at the top women like Wie (who has yet to win anything) and Annake. They play with the men and don't make the cut yet we are lead to believe they are two of teh GREATEST ever women golfers. Well where are the great low rounds from these easy courses??

"My favs are Paula Creamer and Nicole Perot. Creamer won $365,000 yesterday in the Evian Classic. She's a great player, and very poised for 18 years old rookie. Were you pulling in $365K a week when you were 18? I wasn't."

Never said a few were not cute, but thats not the point. And she won a lot of money. Great for her. Did you look down and she what the rest made? She will be quite a player, for the womens tour. But can you name 10-12 more that are even close?

I still say its to big a deal about fairly average golfers playing short easy courses so they can even get scores in the high 60's

389055[/snapback]

I think those women are pretty decent. They DO play short courses, though. Any par 4 under 300 yards is driveable by a decent 10 handicapper.

I've played Locust Hill in Rochester when it was longer than the way it's set up for the ladies. I don't find locust a particularly difficult course at all, even when longer than set up for the LPGA.

I guess I sort of agree with you. When compared against professional men, the LPGA can't compare. However, Annika Sorenstam shot a 59. 59! I'm sorry, but I don't think many people alive could shoot a 59 even on an executive course.

Not saying that a few are not way above average .. but to give the LPGA the press people do is wrong. The womens soccer teams are just as talented .. even if boring.

Women basketball has as many if not more better athletics ...

And as to a 59 ... thats is impressive ... and so is shooting this !

12 Annika Sorenstam 72-66-72-75 285 -3 $50,520

Not real good the the worlds best !

I'm a betting man. The next time you want to bet give me a call. We'll have SDS hold the cash.

Here's the truth. Your name is Traveling Dad. Maybe you're married. Maybe you were married. Anyway I'm married. My wife and I play golf. She's also my best friend. My wife beats me 3 out of 4 times. What can I say ... I married an athlete. She's got soccer and bowling trophies out the ying-yang. Just the two of us play together on the weekend. She plays with the gals during the week. When we play together we both tee off from the men's tee. We both tee off together.

We have a great time when we play. We celebrate each other's good shots and we forget the bad shots. We DO NOT give each other advice. We just try to have a fun. We take our shots seriously and try as much as we can to do well. We don't drink booze when we play. We just love to be outside swinging that club.

So she's also an LPGA fan and I have become one too. We have a few favorites and leave it at that. I like Creamer, Nicole Perot and the Asian gal who wears tees in her hair. I'm not a big fan of Wie. There are PLENTY I don't like and can hardly stand to watch. But that's the way it goes.

I hope this answers your questions and if not let me know.

I don't think they should disband the LPGA because they don't play as well as you would like them to play. If you don't like it just change the channel and watch something you enjoy and leave the gals in the rough.

I guess I sort of agree with you. When compared against professional men, the LPGA can't compare. However, Annika Sorenstam shot a 59. 59! I'm sorry, but I don't think many people alive could shoot a 59 even on an executive course.

389105[/snapback]

I bet a lot of people here could shoot a 59.

On the front 9.

I'm a betting man.  The next time you want to bet give me a call.  We'll have SDS hold the cash.

Here's the truth.  Your name is Traveling Dad.  Maybe you're married.  Maybe you were married.  Anyway I'm married.  My wife and I play golf.  She's also my best friend. My wife beats me 3 out of 4 times.  What can I say ... I married an athlete.  She's got soccer and bowling trophies out the ying-yang.  Just the two of us play together on the weekend.  She plays with the gals during the week.  When we play together we both tee off from the men's tee.  We both tee off together. 

We have a great time when we play.  We celebrate each other's good shots and we forget the bad shots.  We DO NOT give each other advice.  We just try to have a fun.  We take our shots seriously and try as much as we can to do well.  We don't drink booze when we play.  We just love to be outside swinging that club.

So she's also an LPGA fan and I have become one too.  We have a few favorites and leave it at that.  I like Creamer, Nicole Perot and the Asian gal who wears tees in her hair.  I'm not a big fan of Wie.  There are PLENTY I don't like and can hardly stand to watch.  But that's the way it goes.

I hope this answers your questions and if not let me know.

I don't think they should disband the LPGA because they don't play as well as you would like them to play.  If you don't like it just change the channel and watch something you enjoy and leave the gals in the rough.

389643[/snapback]

The whole time I'm reading this I can't help but think 'This is the dude who admits to peeing sitting down"...

:)

I like to watch the LPGA because their golf mechanics are so solid.

Where I will never be able to hit a ball for distance like Woods or Daly,

I can get more out of watching an LPGA match their club length are close to mine,

and sometimes I can pick up a thing or two from their mechanics.

The Women's US Open was a very good event that came down to the last hole.

I like to watch the LPGA because their golf mechanics are so solid.

Where I will never be able to hit a ball for distance like Woods or Daly,

I can get more out of watching an LPGA match  their club length are close to mine,

and sometimes I can pick up a thing or two from their mechanics.

The Women's US Open was a very good event that came down to the last hole.

389691[/snapback]

Do you find your boobs can sometimes affect your swing too?

YEAH!  That's why I watch the WNBA!

[/sarcasm]

389706[/snapback]

Ever watch nationwide tour. Those guys are not as good as the top 20 or so in the LPGA. The top 20 women or so with a little more training, could all probably make it, on the mens tour. I believe watching AS and MW, who while they haven't made a cut were right on the edge the few times that they tried. It is a different level of competition and they have to get used to it, but basically, some of them could complete. As far as the "shorter course", not really. Most women tours tee up from basically the blue tees, which on a championship course set around 6600-6800. The black tees are typically only 300 or so yards further back. For someone at that level, it will only mean 1-2 stroke on average. With some of the top women getting under par is pretty easy on those long tracks and they would be in the top 125 to keep their cards every year. People like Wie,Lincicome, Creamer, Park, Annika, etc... are at that level and hit further than a lot of the guys on the tour like Funk, Pavin, Hart, Haas, O'Mear, Kendall. All guys who have multiple top 10's in the last couple of years, several who have won.

Ever watch nationwide tour.  Those guys are not as good as the top 20 or so in the LPGA.  The top 20 women or so with a little more training, could all probably make it, on the mens tour.  I believe watching AS and MW, who while they haven't made a cut were right on the edge the few times that they tried.  It is a different level of competition and they have to get used to it, but basically, some of them could complete.  As far as the "shorter course", not really.  Most women tours tee up from basically the blue tees, which on a championship course set around 6600-6800.  The black tees are typically only 300 or so yards further back.  For someone at that level, it will only mean 1-2 stroke on average.  With some of the top women getting under par is pretty easy on those long tracks and they would be in the top 125 to keep their cards every year.  People like Wie,Lincicome, Creamer, Park,  Annika, etc... are at that level and hit further than a lot of the guys on the tour like Funk, Pavin, Hart, Haas, O'Mear, Kendall.  All guys who have multiple top 10's in the last couple of years, several who have won.

389747[/snapback]

I'm quite sure women bowlers could also compete on the PBA. There's also board games. At the end of the day, it's still pretty much the same as watching paint dry.

Golf. Quiet please. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA