Bulletin: Bruschi sits out '05

Patriots announce Tedy Bruschi will not play in 2005.  He is improving but he feels he's not ready to play.  Not ruling out '06.

Comments?

PTR

386512[/snapback]

Too bad so sad for Tedy, good news for the Bills.

I just want one year when the Pats don't get every single break.

I don't really care what happens to the Pats...at least I won't have to hear all about Belichick getting into Bledsoe's head any more....

I really hate when I feel any kind of compassion for any boston sports player.  But lately Damon, Ortiz and Arroyo as well as Bruschi have grown on me...

Man i hate boston..

386584[/snapback]

Move around more and take shorter showers - that'll decrease your likelhood of picking up mold.

We all feel bad for Bruschi who is a stand-up guy, but it's real easy to hate Pats fans. All day to day on WEEI they are saying "so what, we're still winning our 3rd SB in a row!" Such arrogance! What team can be blase' about losing a player of that caliber? Their fans deserve a kick in the arse.

PTR

We all feel bad for Bruschi who is a stand-up guy, but it's real easy to hate Pats fans.  All day to day on WEEI they are saying "so what, we're still winning our 3rd SB in a row!"  Such arrogance!  What team can be blase' about losing a player of that caliber?  Their fans deserve a kick in the arse.

PTR

386625[/snapback]

With or without Brew-ski, the Putz ain't winning the SB this year. Oh darn. :D

If Teddy has any sense - he;ll quit football all together and get a gig on TV

386652[/snapback]

Pretty well my thoughts. When that first came up, I don't think anyone seriously thought he'd play football again period, let alone this year, unless he or the team or both were idiots.

From what little I have heard, don't think he or the Pats are.

We all feel bad for Bruschi who is a stand-up guy, but it's real easy to hate Pats fans.  All day to day on WEEI they are saying "so what, we're still winning our 3rd SB in a row!"  Such arrogance!  What team can be blase' about losing a player of that caliber?  Their fans deserve a kick in the arse.

PTR

386625[/snapback]

Please don't make the mistake that the callers to 'EEI are representative of Patriots fans in any way, shape or form. Keep in mind these people calling in aren't at work. :D

I think it's very easy at this point to be very confident in Belichick and the organization that they will again put the team in the very best position to contend for the title, but I agree - it is the players that ultimately must win the games. This is a day that most fans expected would come, but it is not a good day for the Patriots or a good time to be blase about how much of a loss this will be.

Obviously, my heart breaks for Tedy Bruschi, but life does not always afford us the opportunity to do everything we wish on our own terms. If his career is over and this isn't a one year hiatus, he hopefully can take solace that his last season was his best as a professional. He also walks out as a much beloved champion who should never have to pay for a drink in New England the rest of his life for all he's given to us out there on the football field.

Bruschi is one guy I would love to have on the Bills. He's easily the Pats best player IMHO. Losing him is going to hurt their D alot. It would be like Buffalo losing Spikes. That being said, I'm hoping Bruschi recovers 100% and is back on the field in '06, even if its for the Pats.

As a diehard Pats fan, I totally respect Bruschi's decision and understand if he decides never to play again after this year is up. He doesnt owe us anything, he's given his blood, sweat and tears to this team and this region and for that, I and every other Pats fan I know salutes him.

Be well Tedy.

I just want one year when the Pats don't get every single break.

Is your memory really that bad?

In 2003, the Patriots were so ravaged by injury that they started 42 different players over the course of the season, the most ever for a division winner. Others, like Tom Brady, played through injury.

Is that your idea of getting "every single break?"

As for the topic, I'm glad Bruschi's sitting out. He shouldn't risk further injury by rushing back.