US Terror Level Alert raised

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you going to fight back with?  Lawyers and wall street traders.  We all now it's a liberal state, so you don;t have any legal weapons.

376682[/snapback]

Yeah. The 2-ton diamond safe in my basement is filled with.... candy. Lots and lots of candy. :doh:

Ah yes, the game of no argument but all insults:

Yo momma was a one legged lesbian kickboxer.

376675[/snapback]

You are degrading faster than I thought. What a charmer you are.

I'm not sure what you are defending here, your inability to discern colors (I'll take a wild guess that you drive a vehicle and have somehow figured out the difference between green-yellow-red; I'll leave orange alone for now), or that you think that government should do all for you, assumably to the point of wiping off your arse as you arise from the commode.

Sincerely,

"Yo momma"

That's the system that in the same breath is criticized by the left if nothing happens when it's raised and will attacked with righteous indignation and recrimination by the left if something happened and it wasn't raised... :doh:

376505[/snapback]

alot of big words to defend a pointless system whoes only purpose is to give the public a false sence that the government is telling america about the threats agenst it.

its all based on the problems after sept. 11th when people said.. "why didnt you warn us". the government didnt see a need to scare the public by telling them of the dozens of "potential" threats we get every day. but the masses dont want a list. they want to feel safe. even if its only a change in color on some meaningless board.

its like telling someone to fix a nuclear reactor while wearing a rain coat. it doesnt do anything, but it makes the person feel alot safer compared to wearing nothing. (as long as they are ignorant enough to believe it)

Hey. Keep this political crap off the board. There are more serious discussions that need to happen, like the results of poker tournaments.

376511[/snapback]

No, don't keep political discussions off the Wall. After all, if you can't discuss politics here, where else can you discuss them?

What are you going to fight back with?  Lawyers and wall street traders.  We all now it's a liberal state, so you don;t have any legal weapons.

376682[/snapback]

Plenty of gun toting rednecks upstate. The lawyers, traders and the rest of us Fairfield County execs will clearly act as officers. :doh:

Remember, we know all about guerilla warfare. Those stone walls we shot from behind 225 years ago are still around. :doh: We don't walk across open fields into entrenched enemy positions like soldiers from some states. :doh:

I thought you appreciated riposte...

It would be as simple as cutting the commuter train lines, though... :doh:

376700[/snapback]

You know I do. :doh:

We'll put James on the front lines. He'll come around. Kinda like that reporter kid that tagged along with the group in Saving Private Ryan.

Absolutly amazing....A community is bombed by terrorist and here we go again...liberal this and conservative that.....what a bunch of crap, the fact is none of us want this, and the fact is we are doing the best we can, but it's so much fun to point the finger at one (or group) of our own and place blame.......hmmmm, sounds like something the terrorist might like.

alot of big words to defend a pointless system whoes only purpose is to give the public a false sence that the government is telling america about the threats agenst it.

its all based on the problems after sept. 11th when people said.. "why didnt you warn us". the government didnt see a need to scare the public by telling them of the dozens of "potential" threats we get every day. but the masses dont want a list. they want to feel safe. even if its only a change in color on some meaningless board.

its like telling someone to fix a nuclear reactor while wearing a rain coat. it doesnt do anything, but it makes the person feel alot safer compared to wearing nothing. (as long as they are ignorant enough to believe it)

376695[/snapback]

Yep. Of course, it could just be another way for people to argue about meaningless crap.

Either way though...

That's the system that in the same breath is criticized by the left if nothing happens when it's raised and will attacked with righteous indignation and recrimination by the left if something happened and it wasn't raised... :doh:

376505[/snapback]

And what's the purpose of telling the public that the threat levels have changed? The levels changing certainly doesn't effect how people react to their environment in their every day lives, its not like the American public has been trained on what they should do depending on the threat level. So again I ask, what's the point?

The point is two fold. First, it is simply a pass the buck system so if something does happen they can say, "well, we warned you!" Secondly, it’s a marketing campaign that sells fear and safety to the public all at the same time. Fear that there are outside forces constantly trying to harm Bob Smith in Idaho and safety that we're lucky that these swell individuals in Washington are on top of it enough to know when an imminent danger is on the horizon. You sell fear to the public and they'll okay any changes to government that get passed. There's no accountability for the system, the public has no real way of knowing if a threat actually exists or if our government really did anything to prevent it. If that's the case, tell me again the point of announcing to the public that the "threat level" has changed?

You say its easy to tear down and not to give suggestions, its just as easy to simply agree with anything the government gives us. My suggestion is to get rid of this dumb @ss system. Bottom line, this system is all about marketing and protecting the behinds of those in Washington. Telling the public of a color change doesn't add to the safety of said public in any way, shape or form.

376695[/snapback]

Letf-hand side of Keyboard. One up from "Ctrl".

It's called "Shift", and is used when you care to send the very best...so say the masses.

Letf-hand side of Keyboard. One up from "Ctrl".

It's called "Shift", and is used when you care to send the very best...so say the masses.

376780[/snapback]

Rumor has it that it's also one up from "Ctrl" on the right hand side of the keyboard.