Soccer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have friends that play soccer and I try to watch it but I just can't get into it. I understand how fit you have to be to play soccer, but everytime I see a soccer player take a dive and roll on the grass trying to get a more severe card just turns me off from the game. It's also another one of those sports that are great live, but suck on TV.

I guess you never got drilled with a free kick moving 80 mph.

I did, right in the face, and I'll tell you it hurts. Ever been kicked hard in the legs, or the back of the ankle? That's definately not a great feeling. Soccer players aren't as whimpy as you think!

My mom was a nurse for 35 years, 17 in the ER and 18 as head of the receovery room (post surgery), and she said the work sports injuries she ever saw always came from soccer.

7 knee surgeries from the sport. Takes a heavy toll.

Soccer is a great sport but if its not your cup of tee, don't watch. There's always something else on!

Well - much as I want to support soccer I can't... I'll watch - it's my national game - but I wont go out of my way to watch it like I would Football...

Then again - you lot will never experience anything like being in the crowd at Wembly Stadium to watch England play... or gathered round TVs watching another vain attempt to win the World Cup...

Actually there are two things that would have me UTTERLY JUBILANT in this world:

1. A Bills Superbowl win. I would cry and be sick.

2. An England World Cup win. I would cry and be sick.

I have tears at the thought of both.

Thought the same thing until I saw a game in one of the old stadiums in England. Saw`Ashton Villa play in their home "pitch', man what an experience. Makes ya wish for the Aud, the old Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens etc.

Thought the same thing until I saw a game in one of the old stadiums in England. Saw`Ashton Villa play in their home "pitch', man what an experience. Makes ya wish for the Aud, the old Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens etc.

375424[/snapback]

Thats ASTON VILLA.

They play at VILLA PARK.

what do you think of cricket?

375431[/snapback]

Have never seen or watched, and the from what I hear the Brits do not exactly love it either. However, it remains popular due to the fact it takes all day to play, the wives do not like to go, and the men view it as an all day drunk fest with the fellas!!!!

Have never seen or watched, and the from what I hear the Brits do not exactly love it either. However, it remains popular due to the fact it takes all day to play, the wives do not like to go, and the men view it as an all day drunk fest with the fellas!!!!

375440[/snapback]

So what's not to like?

Next time any of you are in England I'll take you to a Cricket Match... It's superb.

Damn.

:)

375313[/snapback]

Want to become a soccer fan? Come to Astoria, NY when Brazil is playing or Jackson Heights, NY when Argentina or Colombia is playing in the World Cup, and feast your eyes on some of the foxiest women on this planet.

The streets and bars are filled. The games are in the summer and many of them wear next to nothing. :)

Actually there are two things that would have me UTTERLY JUBILANT  in this world:

1. A Bills Superbowl win. I would cry and be sick.

2. An England World Cup win. I would cry and be sick.

I have tears at the thought of both.

375394[/snapback]

Nick,

Admit it...you also have a third thing....

3. You would like to see England win the Cricket World Cup at least once, having made it to the finals 3 times and losing all the 3 times...

Nick,

Admit it...you also have a third thing....

3. You would like to see England win the Cricket World Cup at least once, having made it to the finals 3 times and losing all the 3 times...

375503[/snapback]

That wouldn't bother me so much...

Superbowl and World Cup - my boys have to do it once each in their life time.

LETS GO BUFFALO.....! C'MON ENGLAND....!