Do we need a new song?

spidey

I love the shout song...

Nothing better than hearing it echo across Paul Brown Stadium last year as the Bills D knocked the Bungles out of playoff contention. That day (despite being frigid cold) ranks up there in my top 5 days.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shout must stay!!! I was at my sister's wedding in NYC, and she was marrying a Giants fan. All of the sudden, the band (great band) broke into "Shout." The entire contingent of Buffalo people at the wedding stormed the dance floor and began singing the Bills version of the song. "Hey eyyy Hey eyyyy! Let's go Buffalo!" Classic. The Giants fans were apalled. The Bills fans were drunk.

There was big plans to change the song several years ago, and rumor was they created a new one. But on opening day, just before the Bills came out of the tunnel, "Shout" came on, and the place went nuts.

No we dont need a song...the SHOUT song is great, and i dont know why anyone would want to replace it...if you do, then you've obviously never screamed it at the top of your lungs at the Ralph with 70,000 others after the bills have scored...

370704[/snapback]

Actually I have and I also have been in the stands singing ang going crazy over Talking Proud, Talking Proud! Especially after beating the dolfags for first time after the 0 for the 70's. I guess since many on this board have only been around for the Shout days so dont remember the Talking Proud days as well.

Something to discuss until training camp begins.

So in the late 70's and early 80's we had Talking Proud, which really was about Buffalo.  Since the late 80's been the shout song.    Isnt it time for a change for the post score celebrations?    Does anyone have good suggestions now that we have moved into the 2000's?

370601[/snapback]

Yeah, we need a new song about as much as we needed our new (2002, sh-- arena football version) of our current uni's.

Ummm, we don't.

I love the shout song...

Nothing better than hearing it echo across Paul Brown Stadium last year as the Bills D knocked the Bungles out of playoff contention.  That day (despite being frigid cold) ranks up there in my top 5 days.

370706[/snapback]

Hell yeah.....when in college at Ball State in the early 90's......I remember a game in the Hoosier Dome where the whole upper deck was almost all Bills fans. Some group from Rochester had a boombox, and security couldn't find it, and after every score the played the shout song.

The whole uppper deck was singing Shout. And I think only a certain many people could hear the boom box start the song, but when it started going through the crowd, everybody was singing. It was great.

Whatever happened to

Go Bills

We are your fans so true

Go Bills

For we are here to cheer for you

With victory in sight

We'll cheer with all our might

So fight, Bills, fight Bills, go!

370625[/snapback]

I'd keep the "Shout" song, but after home victories they should play the Marv video clip of that on the Jumbotron. It would add to the college game atmosphere as we sing our own "Alma Mater" at the end.

Who's with me?

<_<

I'd keep the "Shout" song, but after home victories they should play the Marv video clip of that on the Jumbotron.  It would add to the college game atmosphere as we sing our own "Alma Mater" at the end.

Who's with me?

:(

370836[/snapback]

Count me in - but what's the damn tune to Marvs song?? <_<

Count me in - but what's the damn tune to Marvs song??  <_<

370947[/snapback]

Nick needs to know so he can include it with all of his drunken songs at English football matches. "There's only one Michael Owen, Walkin in an Owen wonderland"

No, No, No. You guys are ALL wrong. We just need BF to write a piece of Poetry for the Bills.

371212[/snapback]

<_<:(

"Lo, with my wit and high IQ,

And my appearance that all doth eschew,

I proclaim my love for these Buffalo Bills,

And also for those lovely Buffalo Jills,

Whom I did begin to stalk, and to my dismay,

The restraining order says I must stay 100 yards away..."