NHL - Roenick ...Think we're greedy ?

RVJ

As for the proposed collective-bargaining agreement, he said: "It's not a great deal. But it gets the game back on the ice, and that is the most important thing."

369483[/snapback]

Translation: Some money is better than no money at all..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of Jeremy Roenick, let me remind everyone that he has suffered mulitple concussions while playing hockey. It has almost ended his career.

Clearly, those statements show he has taken too many hits to the noggin.

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Roenick.

Maybe he meant to say he'd like to kiss the ass of those fans who call them greedy? <_<

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Or as Dan Quayle so eloquently paraphrased it, "what a waste it is, to lose one's mind."

You guys are crazy, the fact that you spend so much time b*tching about JR tells me you will be in the seats when they atrt back up.

Basically JR is saying if you dont like us dont come watch us, maybe not the smartest move since it goes without saying in mind. It's the same as your Tom Cruise or Oprah examples you brought up if you dont like them dont watch their show or see the movie.

I for one did not have my opion of hockey or the players changed. My two cents is that this was all a mess that the owners got themselves into by hiring people that run their organizations poorly. As much as I hate the Devil's and like the Rangers they are two perfect examples of how to and not run your organization.

So I say thanks for speaking up JR, I understand what you're saying (again, "if you don't like it, shut up")

GO BILLS!!

What makes me mad about the players is when the player reps, such as Todd Merchent refer to a salary cap as a form of slavery and that they "might as well put us in shackles." Here in Columbus the news showed most of the clip, about what they are doing is it making better for the fans and how he blames the players, and he still sounds like a jerk. GG, I watch almost every Blue Jackets game on TV and as a broke college kid, I don't like having to pay $50.00 to go see them in person. Yeah, I'm bitter about it...but does that make me a poser?

There's an article in this morning's Raeleigh News and Observer that Roenick is pissed that what he said was taken out of context.  He called ESPN several times to complain and ask why they didn't show the entire interview, but ESPN never took his calls or called back.

I think you should know the whole story before you B word about what one guy says.

369473[/snapback]

Dan Patrick said today that there was more to the interview and the "context" issue. Bottom line is though, that he is a millionaire and please don't give me that crybaby stuff when there was a deal long ago that would have solidified the money.

Good thing he is a Phuckin Philly Flyer too. I hate that team and Bobby Clarke. !@#$!!

I am a fan of this game and when it returns so will I. I'm sticking by that even though they are all overpaid, but so what. It still is a great game!! Now get back on the ice you bums! <_<

He is now my favorite player- I hope we get him. Its about time somebody mouths off to the fans....fans think they can say whatever they want......they can sure dish it out, but got nothin when it comes to taking it.

Roenick has always been a big-mouthed, self-promoting jackass.  he's also a great player, when he shuts up.  But what he says will have no effect on anything i do.

370054[/snapback]

The most intelligent jeremy roenick has ever appeared was last season when he broke his jaw and it was wired shut...

Someone just made himself a target in every NHL arena.

Stay at home? We tried that already. And we actually found other things to do with our lives. Sure stay at home and as attendance stays low, franchises shift or fold, ultimately the sport doesn't grow and salaries go even lower to make up for lower profits. This guy is a public relations "genius".

Hockey fans weren't angry about not seeing NHL hockey. No we were / are just jealous!

"I say personally, to everybody who called us 'spoiled,' you guys are just jealous ... "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-n...ov=ap&type=lgns