Bills waive Mike Gomez

Actually, I think this is the more significant implication. I'm glad to hear it.

366658[/snapback]

Dorenbos' knee is rehabbing on schedule, and he's kept in great shape over the offseason. His snapping has remained top-notch - the biggest hurdle to overcome with the knee injury is getting back up to speed on downfield coverage.

Apparently Gomez was waived the first day he came in to work out during the last week of OTAs. He snapped a few balls, and then it was "see you later."

Dorenbos' knee is rehabbing on schedule, and he's kept in great shape over the offseason.  His snapping has remained top-notch - the biggest hurdle to overcome with the knee injury is getting back up to speed on downfield coverage.

Apparently Gomez was waived the first day he came in to work out during the last week of OTAs.  He snapped a few balls, and then it was "see you later."

366736[/snapback]

Good to know. Also, apparently Duke Preston impressed a lot of scouts by his long snapping at the week of practice and game at the East West Shrine game, even though he didnt do it during his career.

I'm not surprised to see Gomez cut. He was average at TE for Amsterdam this year and with Dorenbos on the roster and apparantly rehabbing nicely it's senseless to keep him...

We all knew that the guys allocated to NFLE would start to be cut. The Bills and TD do not have a history of supporting NFLE as well as some other teams. I guess they feel they can better develop guys by having them around the team rather than playing game speed football.

I'm not surprised to see Gomez cut. He was average at TE for Amsterdam this year and with Dorenbos on the roster and apparantly rehabbing nicely it's senseless to keep him...

I think it was a combo of Dorenbos getting healthy, Gomez being average in NFLE, and having played a full season there, which means he's close to spent and would be useless this year. As for the implication WRT the other TE's, I think that Euhus and Campbell returning for the last day or so of OTA's and actually working out with the team says a lot more.