Anyone been to Hershey Park?

If you enjoy rides Cedar Point is well worth the couple hour drive. I've gone every summer the last few years and even bought a season's pass last summer. They have 16 roller coasters including the tallest and fastest one in the world (top thrill dragster) and another one that held the same title a couple years ago (millenium force). Overall, there's about 8 or 9 coasters alone that you can go on over and over and not get sick of.

I went to Hershey Park about 45 years ago (not a typo-45 years ago) and again about 4 years ago. It wasn't the same park at all. It's good sized and has all the requisite rides. The only think that I missed from the first time back in prehistory was the tour of the actual factory. Now they have a tour that shows the whole process of chocolate manufacture, but it's only models and animation etc., not the real deal. Ultimately, that is a very subjective decision though. To some Six Flags Darien Lake (which I like) and Hershey Park are worth it, to some they aren't.

I went to Hershey Park about 45 years ago (not a typo-45 years ago) and again about 4 years ago.  It wasn't the same park at all.  It's good sized and has all the requisite rides.  The only think that I missed from the first time back in prehistory was the tour of the actual factory.  Now they have a tour that shows the whole process of chocolate manufacture, but it's only models and animation etc., not the real deal.  Ultimately, that is a very subjective decision though.  To some Six Flags Darien Lake (which I like) and Hershey Park are worth it, to some they aren't.

364432[/snapback]

I actually went there when I was a kid like over 30 years ago - the tour of the factory is actually the only thing I remember (and the smell :D )

Last year we went to Hershey Park for a Dave Matthews concert...(Sat)

Then on Sunday we took the chocolate factory tour,,,It was pretty good..

A must for any fan of chocolate...The smell was great...

The rides looked pretty good too...

Hersheypark is very nice...have lived outside of hershey for the last 15 years, and have been there at least once a year since then. Lots of coasters, and other fun rides for everyone...I'm going there twice next month, looking forward to it...

I haven't been to Darien Lake in about 7 years, but it was pretty fun for me when I was there last...I was 15 7 years ago, so it should be fun for the kids.

My baby brother (48 years old) lives in Hershey. His son has worked both in the park where he dressed up in one of those big cartoon character costumes, and as a tour guide in the Chocolate World exhibit.

Yeah its awesome there. My roomate in college's mom was one of the park managers. Its the kind of place you figure, eh no big deal it might be cool, then you go and you have a great time. The streetlights are shaped like kisses and the entire area smells like chocolate. Im not even a big consumer of sweets, but I had a blast.

Milton Hershey was a noted philanthropist. I saw a show about him several years ago, and it related an anecdote - when the town was being essentially constructed - the Hershey School, etc, a young engineer told him that the "new" steam engines could do the work of a hundred men. Hershey said to go out and hire a hundred men.

A couple of years ago, there was a move afoot to dissolve the Hershey Trust and sell the assets (Hershey Foods).

Public outcry halted the money grab.

http://www.confectionerynews.com/news/news...shey-trust-bows