Juice Jersey

Quick question: Is it poor taste to buy an OJ Simpson throwback jersey? Technically the guy is innocent right? I should be able to get one without feeling bad? Anyone got any input? And if you could have any throwback from any Buffalo team who would it be? I'd got with Simpson or Reed for the Bills, Lafontaine for the Sabres, and McAdoo for the Braves. I'm 24 so I don't have the proper knowledge of the some of the older players.

I bought one. So did 4 of my friends. So all 5 of us go to away games wearing OJ jerseys. Its fun to watch the reactions of people. Some people gasp and point (Miami), some scream out "Murderer", to which we respond, "You're right OJ used to murder the defense" (NE), some laugh and think it funny (Balt, NY Jets) and some cross the road and won't even look at us (Tenn). Its worth it if you like people watching and seeing the reactions.

Quick question:  Is it poor taste to buy an OJ Simpson throwback jersey?  Technically the guy is innocent right?  I should be able to get one without feeling bad?  Anyone got any input?  And if you could have any throwback from any Buffalo team who would it be?  I'd got with Simpson or Reed for the Bills, Lafontaine for the Sabres, and McAdoo for the Braves.  I'm 24 so I don't have the proper knowledge of the some of the older players.

363317[/snapback]

I wouldn't get a juice jersey for a couple reasons. 1) he was before my time 2) the obvious one.... If you want a juice jersey, make sure to order it from buffalobills.com directly, so that oj himself wouldn't make a profit, and the bills would. If you buy it from some dealer, there's a slight chance that oj himself sold off the jersey. The only drawback to buying a juice throwback is that it is the current jersey with the nfl logo and the reebok crap on it. It's up to you. I'd find it funny as hell if you did it though.

If you want a juice jersey, make sure to order it from buffalobills.com directly, so that oj himself wouldn't make a profit, and the bills would.  If you buy it from some dealer, there's a slight chance that oj himself sold off the jersey.  The only drawback to buying a juice throwback is that it is the current jersey with the nfl logo and the reebok crap on it.  It's up to you.  I'd find it funny as hell if you did it though.

363341[/snapback]

I'd buy a jersey from O.J directly so he has money to go find the real killer.

Quick question:  Is it poor taste to buy an OJ Simpson throwback jersey?  Technically the guy is innocent right?  I should be able to get one without feeling bad?  Anyone got any input?  And if you could have any throwback from any Buffalo team who would it be?  I'd got with Simpson or Reed for the Bills, Lafontaine for the Sabres, and McAdoo for the Braves.  I'm 24 so I don't have the proper knowledge of the some of the older players.

363317[/snapback]

There was a guy in an OJ jersey and mask at the Pittsburgh game last year. People threw stuff at him everywhere he went.

There was a guy in an OJ jersey and mask at the Pittsburgh game last year. People threw stuff at him everywhere he went.

363377[/snapback]

And those people should be ashamed of themselves. If they can't dinstinguish football from real life, they are the ones with the problem. O.J did a lot of good for the Bills and the WNY area.

And those people should be ashamed of themselves.  If they can't dinstinguish football from real life, they are the ones with the problem.  O.J did a lot of good for the Bills and the WNY area.

363392[/snapback]

Don't be an idiot. OJ is a murderer despite what the verdict said.

Did I mention the guy was carrying a sign that said "OJ BILLieves?"

Don't be an idiot. OJ is a murderer despite what the verdict said.

Did I mention the guy was carrying a sign that said "OJ BILLieves?"

363411[/snapback]

I didn't say he wasn't a murderer. He killed two people for no good reason, but why shouldn't someone be able to remember all that he did for Buffalo while he was there? The murders happened in California, about as far away from Buffalo as possible.

I prefer to remember the Juice on the football field, that doesn't mean I don't hink he should be behind bars right now, but that's how I want to remember him.

I didn't say he wasn't a murderer.  He killed two people for no good reason, but why shouldn't someone be able to remember all that he did for Buffalo while he was there?  The murders happened in California, about as far away from Buffalo as possible.

I prefer to remember the Juice on the football field, that doesn't mean I don't hink he should be behind bars right now, but that's how I want to remember him.

363416[/snapback]

Ignoring the reality of life is a beautiful thing.

At the Arizona game at the Ralph last year (Halloween day) there was a guy with an OJ Simpson jersey wearing a Homer Simpson mask - that was good! :w00t:

363377[/snapback]

Maybe a swastika on the forehead like Manson and his family?

Just kidding but what Orenthal did is inexcusable. Imperfection is one thing, murder is another. I won't separate the man and the player. He let us down.

I lost all respect for him. I am happy every time someone passes one of his Bills records.

Buy a Thurman jersey.

363317[/snapback]

Gilbert Perreault # 11 for the Sabres. Incredible skater capable of end to end rushes like I have never seen since.

Roger Crozier #1 first very good goalie for the Sabres.

Bob McAdoo # 11 HOF great for the Braves. Clearly the best of the Braves.

Randy Smith #9 Great player for the Braves. Played three sports in college at Buffalo St (track and soccer also).

Jack Kemp # 15 first great Bills QB.

Cookie Gilchrist # 34 once held the pro football record for most rushing yards in a game, 243 yards.

LaFontaine is an excellent choice also.

Read this about Cookie:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2982

Last i saw OJ was innocent

HOW ABOUT THAT DR. FONG

363752[/snapback]

Oh wonderful now we have to open up that tired debate. First of all he was found innocent in the criminal trial, but I guess you just want to forget all about THIS .

But while we're on the subject I'm sure you still think Scott Peterson didn't kill his wife, Michael Jackson didn't molest any kids, Robert Blake didn't kill his wife, etc. That's fine you can wallow in stupidity all you want, doesn't bother me a bit.

363317[/snapback]

OJ is a sad excuse for a man and a stain on the Bills history. Just my opinion. I would not take one if it was given to me. As a player he was a hero to me, during some very dark years of the franchise.

If I got a throwback it would be Tom Day from the AFL Bills.

Super Bowl Bills - Talley or Reich.

Didn't want to turn this into an OJ verdict debate. Thanks for the responses. If a majority of Bills fans think it is wrong to wear the jersey, I won't get one. Though I'm not the judge of another person's guilt or lack there of, it's just a shame a horrible situation like this taints perhaps the greatest player this team has ever had. I feel really bad for those of you watched him. That's sounfortunate. Well, maybe the Andre Reed jersey might be the safe choice. :devil:

The fact remains, he was innocent in a court of law.  Civil trials for wrongful death shouldn't be allowed after someone has been aquitted in the death in a criminal court.

363842[/snapback]

The only reason OJ isn't strapped into an electric chair today is because Marcia Clark and company were HORRIBLE in prosecution, much like many other high-profile California prosecutors.

I mean, COME ON MAN...they found the weapon on him, blood on him and his vehicle, he ran from the cops...

Oh, and don't make me mention my theory that the OJ verdict was "restitution" for the Rodney King fiasco.

The only reason OJ isn't strapped into an electric chair today is because Marcia Clark and company were HORRIBLE in prosecution, much like many other high-profile California prosecutors.

I mean, COME ON MAN...they found the weapon on him, blood on him and his vehicle, he ran from the cops...

Oh, and don't make me mention my theory that the OJ verdict was "restitution" for the Rodney King fiasco.

363906[/snapback]

Oh come on now, you don't take me for being that stupid do you? OF COURSE HE KILLED THEM. That doesn't mean I wouldn't wear a Bills jersey with his name on it. He was a hell of a football player and all I'm showing by wearing that jersey is that I think he was a great player.

I did mean what I said about civil trials though.

I bought one.  So did 4 of my friends.  So all 5 of us go to away games wearing OJ jerseys.  Its fun to watch the reactions of people.  Some people gasp and point (Miami), some scream out "Murderer", to which we respond, "You're right OJ used to murder the defense" (NE), some laugh and think it funny (Balt, NY Jets) and some cross the road and won't even look at us (Tenn).  Its worth it if you like people watching and seeing the reactions.

363334[/snapback]

Maybe you should pick up 5 new ones and inscribe them with:

- Murderer

- Parasite

- Criminal

- Guilty

- Confess!